Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2022, 09:05:16 PM »

Hey TD - for the Southern Draw Quickdraw, do you prefer the connie, hababo or PA broadleaf?
Corona or short Lonsdale?
Actually Corona Gorda  5 x 46   :P

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2022, 09:06:08 PM »

Paul Sorvino, dead st 83. The universe is picking off great Stat Trek guest actors today.
And a real Goodfella.....

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2022, 09:10:54 PM »

Hey TD - for the Southern Draw Quickdraw, do you prefer the connie, hababo or PA broadleaf?
Corona or short Lonsdale?
Corona gordo
In reference to this deal:

https://www.cigarpage.com/bogo-southern-draw-action.html
Looks like they overstocked on the 300 Manos maduro.

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2022, 09:17:16 PM »

Hey TD - for the Southern Draw Quickdraw, do you prefer the connie, hababo or PA broadleaf?
Broadleaf then Hababo, then Connie.
Ok, thanks.

« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2022, 09:17:37 PM »

MoWPAM

« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2022, 09:17:52 PM »

Hey TD - for the Southern Draw Quickdraw, do you prefer the connie, hababo or PA broadleaf?
Corona or short Lonsdale?
Corona gordo
In reference to this deal:

https://www.cigarpage.com/bogo-southern-draw-action.html
Looks like they overstocked on the 300 Manos maduro.
Their poor ordering is my gain.

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2022, 09:18:30 PM »

Hey TD - for the Southern Draw Quickdraw, do you prefer the connie, hababo or PA broadleaf?
Corona or short Lonsdale?
Corona gordo
In reference to this deal:

https://www.cigarpage.com/bogo-southern-draw-action.html
Looks like they overstocked on the 300 Manos maduro.
Good prices even without the 10 extra.

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2022, 09:39:20 PM »

Hey TD - for the Southern Draw Quickdraw, do you prefer the connie, hababo or PA broadleaf?
Corona or short Lonsdale?
Corona gordo
In reference to this deal:

https://www.cigarpage.com/bogo-southern-draw-action.html
Looks like they overstocked on the 300 Manos maduro.
Good prices even without the 10 extra.
Good to know.

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2022, 09:53:22 PM »

Well, my Colt SP-1 rifle turns out to be an even better deal than I thought. It's in remarkable condition for a 44-year-old rifle.

Now I just have to wait for all the legal bullshit to settle.
Damn gubmint.
Stupid people. We had a system that worked. Concealed Carry permit holders have to be fingerprinted and background-checked every five years. If you had the card, you got your weapon. But  some asshole commits a mass-murder, and that's no good anymore. Now we just have to wait for 10 days. And that makes us "safer." Supposedly, in that time, local law enforcement is going to run a background check. But they don't. I know they don't. I know the local LEOs, and they know me. It's just stupidity. Rampage killers don't cool down over ten days. They plan and they psych themselves up for ten days.

But...whatever. I don't care. I've been waiting for years to find this rifle. Ten more days doesn't bother me. Nobody's safer, but they feel like government did something, and that makes them all warm and moist.

« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2022, 09:57:04 PM »

[...]

Moistness is key.

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »

Deanday evening.

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2022, 10:12:10 PM »

So, after I got done filling all the paperwork out at Brad's Guns, and talking with the crowd of customers and employees that gathered to admire this classic rifle (It's from 1978, it belonged to the White Mountain Apache Tribal Police, no it doesn't have a forward-assist, no these rifles didn't get soldiers killed in Vietnam, that was because the government bought bad ammo, no I won't sell it to you right now for $3k, oh that's a lovely picture of your build, and yours, and yours, and yours, and that's a funny story about the gun store that had a liquor license, yes I think the BATFE should be a convenience store not a government agency, yadda, yadda, yadda) I decided to have dinner at Al Lago, across the street from the gun store.

Al Lago is a bit overpriced, but it's good food. The wife was with her kin at Kanaskat-Palmer state park, and she's pissy at me anyway right now. So I treated myself. Had a gorgeous ribeye with amazing mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables, with an excellent glass of local Malbec. Creme Brulee and coffee for dessert.

Anyway, a family began assembling at the table to my left. He was a big guy, with a man-bun, in a t-shirt and shorts. Mother or MIL with him. One precocious daughter. Then the wife arrived, with the other daughter and son in tow. And my first thought was, "dear God. She's straight out of Beetlejuice." I kid you not, she'd done her eye makeup like Michael Keaton. And the hilarious thing was, she was wearing a Beetlejuice t-shirt, with the sleeves ripped off.

I am not judging. I'm sure they are lovely people, and their kids were obviously very smart and very polite. I guess I just find it odd to encounter a family at a pricy restaurant in which mama aspired to be a grotesque from a bizarre movie.

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2022, 10:30:33 PM »

[...]

Sounds like a fine evening.

Though, full disclosure, my youngest does the same weird shit with her makeup. Whatever, she wants to try out some crazy ass looking makeup, more power to her. And more power to her wanting to go out of the house looking like that. Lol

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2022, 10:36:20 PM »

[...]

Hey, I'm completely in favor of people expressing themselves. Whatever turns your crank. Just struck me odd.

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2022, 10:44:25 PM »

It wouldn't have struck me odd if I'd been at Costco or Taco Time. But at Al Lago, it was odd.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9