CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 7/5/2022  (Read 2085 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 7/5/2022
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2022, 01:35:14 PM »

Fifty bucks minimum to get Case Pork Roll shipped out here.  Total cost, $25/pound.  I don't THINK so. 

But...I did find that our preferred grocery store carries Taylor Pork Roll.  $12.99 a pound.  It isn't Case's, but it will have to do.
I've got some Taylor in my freezer right now, good stuff.
I'd have gone and got it yesterday, if  I'd known it was there.  Turns out a search for "pork roll" on the website pulls up no results.  Gotta search for "Taylor Ham."  Obviously we're part of North Jersey out here.

Oh, and I understand TD's "longitudinal slices" now.
Ok, I do the same thing to prevent the cupping effect. What confused me was him saying he cut them into it prior to slicing. I've only ever had the slices, so cutting those notches before slicing never occurred to me, and I couldn't wrap my head around it. Also, "longitudinal slices" was clearly terminology over my head.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2022, 01:39:07 PM »

Fifty bucks minimum to get Case Pork Roll shipped out here.  Total cost, $25/pound.  I don't THINK so. 

But...I did find that our preferred grocery store carries Taylor Pork Roll.  $12.99 a pound.  It isn't Case's, but it will have to do.
I don't know either of the families but Taylor is more readily available near me and it's what I got in the fridge.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2022, 01:41:36 PM »

I'd have gone and got it yesterday, if  I'd known it was there.  Turns out a search for "pork roll" on the website pulls up no results.  Gotta search for "Taylor Ham."  Obviously we're part of North Jersey out here.

Exactly.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2022, 01:42:45 PM »

Ok, I do the same thing to prevent the cupping effect. What confused me was him saying he cut them into it prior to slicing. I've only ever had the slices, so cutting those notches before slicing never occurred to me, and I couldn't wrap my head around it. Also, "longitudinal slices" was clearly terminology over my head.
Latitudily speaking, of course.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2022, 01:47:48 PM »

Latitudily speaking, of course.
Naturally.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2022, 02:03:25 PM »

Into the summer swelter.sweltering.. currently 94.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2022, 02:08:42 PM »

I don't know either of the families but Taylor is more readily available near me and it's what I got in the fridge.
Far better than nothing.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »

Next up, Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2022, 02:18:33 PM »

Speaking of, the Parrothead 5k is coming up in a couple weeks.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2022, 02:19:23 PM »

Better yet, it's hazzuh time.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2022, 02:41:13 PM »

With all of our running, and all of our cunning...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2022, 03:39:03 PM »

Sure would like some rain.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2022, 04:42:35 PM »

Sure would like some rain.
Looks like we'll get some here very shortly.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2022, 05:26:27 PM »

Went to buy the Wasabis, and for some reason, Ccom charges much more for the excise tax than other places. I thought maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I went through the buy process for a sampler of the same price at the Page, and the tax there was more than 40% cheaper. Can't imagine why that would be. Oh well.
And now, the Page won't stop emailing me about "something you left in the cart." Yeesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »

Went to buy the Wasabis, and for some reason, Ccom charges much more for the excise tax than other places. I thought maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I went through the buy process for a sampler of the same price at the Page, and the tax there was more than 40% cheaper. Can't imagine why that would be. Oh well.
And now, the Page won't stop emailing me about "something you left in the cart." Yeesh.
They just want to make sure. Better safe than sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6