Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2022, 01:35:14 PM »

Fifty bucks minimum to get Case Pork Roll shipped out here.  Total cost, $25/pound.  I don't THINK so.

But...I did find that our preferred grocery store carries Taylor Pork Roll.  $12.99 a pound.  It isn't Case's, but it will have to do.
I've got some Taylor in my freezer right now, good stuff.
I'd have gone and got it yesterday, if  I'd known it was there.  Turns out a search for "pork roll" on the website pulls up no results.  Gotta search for "Taylor Ham."  Obviously we're part of North Jersey out here.

Oh, and I understand TD's "longitudinal slices" now.
Ok, I do the same thing to prevent the cupping effect. What confused me was him saying he cut them into it prior to slicing. I've only ever had the slices, so cutting those notches before slicing never occurred to me, and I couldn't wrap my head around it. Also, "longitudinal slices" was clearly terminology over my head.

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2022, 01:39:07 PM »

Fifty bucks minimum to get Case Pork Roll shipped out here.  Total cost, $25/pound.  I don't THINK so.

But...I did find that our preferred grocery store carries Taylor Pork Roll.  $12.99 a pound.  It isn't Case's, but it will have to do.
I don't know either of the families but Taylor is more readily available near me and it's what I got in the fridge.

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2022, 01:41:36 PM »

Fifty bucks minimum to get Case Pork Roll shipped out here.  Total cost, $25/pound.  I don't THINK so.

But...I did find that our preferred grocery store carries Taylor Pork Roll.  $12.99 a pound.  It isn't Case's, but it will have to do.
I've got some Taylor in my freezer right now, good stuff.
I'd have gone and got it yesterday, if  I'd known it was there.  Turns out a search for "pork roll" on the website pulls up no results.  Gotta search for "Taylor Ham."  Obviously we're part of North Jersey out here.

Oh, and I understand TD's "longitudinal slices" now.
Exactly.

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2022, 01:42:45 PM »

[...]

Latitudily speaking, of course.

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2022, 01:47:48 PM »

[...]

Naturally.

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2022, 02:03:25 PM »

Into the summer swelter.sweltering.. currently 94.

« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2022, 02:08:42 PM »

Fifty bucks minimum to get Case Pork Roll shipped out here.  Total cost, $25/pound.  I don't THINK so.

But...I did find that our preferred grocery store carries Taylor Pork Roll.  $12.99 a pound.  It isn't Case's, but it will have to do.
I don't know either of the families but Taylor is more readily available near me and it's what I got in the fridge.
Far better than nothing.

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »

[...]

Next up, Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude.

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2022, 02:18:33 PM »

[...]

Speaking of, the Parrothead 5k is coming up in a couple weeks.

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2022, 02:19:23 PM »

Better yet, it's hazzuh time.

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2022, 02:41:13 PM »

[...]

With all of our running, and all of our cunning...

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2022, 03:39:03 PM »

Sure would like some rain.

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2022, 04:42:35 PM »

Sure would like some rain.
Looks like we'll get some here very shortly.

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2022, 05:26:27 PM »

Went to buy the Wasabis, and for some reason, Ccom charges much more for the excise tax than other places. I thought maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I went through the buy process for a sampler of the same price at the Page, and the tax there was more than 40% cheaper. Can't imagine why that would be. Oh well.
And now, the Page won't stop emailing me about "something you left in the cart." Yeesh.

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »

Went to buy the Wasabis, and for some reason, Ccom charges much more for the excise tax than other places. I thought maybe I was remembering incorrectly, but I went through the buy process for a sampler of the same price at the Page, and the tax there was more than 40% cheaper. Can't imagine why that would be. Oh well.
And now, the Page won't stop emailing me about "something you left in the cart." Yeesh.
They just want to make sure. Better safe than sorry.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6