Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2022, 01:21:02 PM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Morning, Dean. Hit 'em straight!
I did actually. long and straight for 16 of 18 holes; then the heat got to me. it was 90° no clouds, no breeze, and muggy as hell. they had just watered the fairways.
Did you keep score? Do tell.

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2022, 01:32:17 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Priscilla Pointer is 98.
Baseball Hall of Famer Brooks Robinson is 84.
Actor Candice Azzara is 81.
Bluegrass singer-musician Rodney Dillard (The Dillards) is 80.
Baseball Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson is 76.
Former Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M., is 74.
Country singer Joe Bonsall (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 74.
Rock musician Rick Wakeman (Yes) is 73.
Rock singer Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo) is 72.
Actor James Stephens is 71.
Country singer George Strait is 70.
Actor Chow Yun-Fat is 67.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Yannick Noah is 62.
Rock singer-musician Page Hamilton is 62.
Contemporary Christian musician Barry Graul (MercyMe) is 61.
Contemporary Christian singer Michael Tait is 56.
Singer-actor Martika is 53.
Comedian-writer Tina Fey is 52.
Rock singer Jack Johnson is 47.
Country singer David Nail is 43.
Actor Matt Long is 42.
Actor Allen Leech is 41.
Christian singer Francesca Battistelli is 37.
Actor Spencer Breslin is 30.
Actor Violett Beane is 26.
Actor Hala Finley is 13.
Coinkidink of the day:
What's with all the Christian singers and musicians born on May 18th?
Is there a Christian holiday their parents would've been celebrating in mid-August? :D

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2022, 01:37:17 PM »

[...]

Actually, yes. The feast of the Assumption is celebrated in many religious countries on August 15th.

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2022, 01:41:32 PM »

[...]

Ah yes, of course. We have our own Little Italy in the downtown area and that's huge here. In fact, Nate lived there one year and we went to his house and then headed down to the festivities many moons ago.

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2022, 01:44:46 PM »

Over the hump boys!

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »

[...]

But not by the "Real Christians" in the States.  They're not real big on Holy Days, Saints and such.

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2022, 01:52:46 PM »

FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
So many great things in this article...

For example, did you know:

"Commenting on a man’s baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking on the size of a woman’s breasts, the finding suggests."

And a great company to work for:

"Tony Finn – who is in line for compensation – had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year."
"
Finn alleged that during a shopfloor row in July 2019, King had referred to him as a “bald cunt”."  Was offended by being called bald, not a cunt... ::)

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2022, 02:03:08 PM »

FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
So many great things in this article...

For example, did you know:

"Commenting on a man’s baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking on the size of a woman’s breasts, the finding suggests."

And a great company to work for:

"Tony Finn – who is in line for compensation – had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year."
"
Finn alleged that during a shopfloor row in July 2019, King had referred to him as a “bald cunt”."  Was offended by being called bald, not a cunt... ::)
I think cunt is like "buddy" over there.

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2022, 02:05:07 PM »

FINALLY:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/13/calling-a-man-bald-is-sexual-harassment-employment-tribunal-rules
So many great things in this article...

For example, did you know:

"Commenting on a man’s baldness in the workplace is equivalent to remarking on the size of a woman’s breasts, the finding suggests."

And a great company to work for:

"Tony Finn – who is in line for compensation – had worked for the West Yorkshire-based British Bung Company for almost 24 years when he was fired in May last year."
"
Finn alleged that during a shopfloor row in July 2019, King had referred to him as a “bald cunt”."  Was offended by being called bald, not a cunt... ::)
I think cunt is like "buddy" over there.
Sure it is.... ::)

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2022, 02:18:15 PM »

Hazzuh, buddies!

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2022, 02:35:45 PM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Bret.
dental consultation yesterday was a surprise. amazing how much costs went up. two more consultations before I make a decision.
at the links waiting for the other 7 in the group to show.
Morning, Dean. Hit 'em straight!
I did actually. long and straight for 16 of 18 holes; then the heat got to me. it was 90° no clouds, no breeze, and muggy as hell. they had just watered the fairways.
Did you keep score? Do tell.
no. we play a best ball scramble.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 5/18/2022
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2022, 02:53:40 PM »

POSTIN'

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2022, 03:01:19 PM »

Black Works Green Hornet.

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2022, 05:34:05 PM »

That'll do.

Wordle 333 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The only way I can see you getting that in 2 is by having 4 correct letters in your first guess. I thought for sure I knew what word you picked until I looked at your blocks again and now you have me thoroughly confounded. It took me 5.
I'll be happy to bring you up to speed tomorrow.

He took a guess, hoping at least to get more correct letters, and he happened to get the correct word.

Assuming we're all solving the same puzzle, getting the first letter correct narrows the scope for his second guess pretty significantly. He'd go looking for a second guess with vowels he had not yet used and consonants that most frequently appear in five-letter words. He chose a word that happened to be exactly correct.

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2022, 05:45:03 PM »

At the orthodontist for another braces tightening.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6