Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2022, 11:12:30 AM »

Now don't think of myself as a xenophobe, but I would prefer to have someone at a call center that can speak and understand english beyond reading from a script.  When it comes to credit cards and banking, I would prefer not to be giving critical information to call centers in India and Asia...(two of the three or four top hacking countries).
I don't mind the giving info out, because let's face it, practically anyone can access our info at any time if they're motivated. But you're right about the language barrier. I've had conversations that drag on and on with people in call centers simply because they don't understand what I'm trying to tell them is the issue. If you're going to provide customer service, you should be able to easily understand and be understood by the people you're talking to. That's just common sense. But common sense often gives way to the bottom line, hence the overseas call centers.

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2022, 11:14:41 AM »

Today's Wordle update - took my wife 5 guesses, I got it in 2.
Same word?  :o
I assume so, but I'll double check with her.

EDIT:

Yup, same word.
LALTS
Doing it now.  No spoilers.
Three yellows and a green on the first guess.  I HAVE to solve this in two.
The tension mounts!
Got it in two.  It was a bit of a...nevermind.

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2022, 11:17:41 AM »

Today's Wordle update - took my wife 5 guesses, I got it in 2.
Same word?  :o
I assume so, but I'll double check with her.

EDIT:

Yup, same word.
LALTS
Doing it now.  No spoilers.
Three yellows and a green on the first guess.  I HAVE to solve this in two.
The tension mounts!
Got it in two.  It was a bit of a...nevermind.
Boom!

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »

[...]
It's not just the bottom line. It's that people complain about it but don't do anything about it.  TD, are you gonna yank all your money out of what is obviously one of the big multinational banks and put it in a local credit union?  No?  Neither do most other people.  So we get overseas call centers.

Technology will save us though.  I've started favoring providers that have chat service.  I don't even care if it's a bot, as long as the bot understands, "connect me to a representative."  That way I don't have to try and understand anyone's accent.

Not that I'm bad at interpreting accents.  I can speak Spanish functionally, and my boss is from India, so I get practice.  But still.

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2022, 11:29:47 AM »

[...]

Chat is a good way to go. It gives someone who might not be *great* in English the chance to slow down and read what you've typed, and eliminates the accent barrier.

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »

Hump Day Jammin':

Man O' War Puro Authentico Corona - 10/34.99
Oliva Serie O Robusto - 10/42.50
Gurkha 125th Anniversary Torpedo - 5/19.99
Diesel Double Perfecto - 15/49.99
Drew Estate Non-Traditional 5-Cigar Sampler (Anywhere but Massachusetts, for now, special sampler) / $19.99
includes:
1 - Kentucky Fire Cured Sweet Just a Friend (6" x 52)
1 - Deadwood Sweet Jane (5" x 46)
1 - Larutan Dirt Torpedo (5" x 54)
1 - Kentucky Fire Cured Swamp Thing Toro (6" x 52)
1 - Larutan Irish Hops (6" x 52)
Diesel Rage Toro (6.0"x54) - 5 / $24.99

*Also available in Massachusetts.
Mark Twain No. 1 - 10/29.99
Rocky Patel The Edge Corojo Toro - 10/39.99
Caldwell Collection - E.S. Midnight Express Toro - 5/29.99
E.P. Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro Small Churchill - 10/39.99
5 Vegas Gold Bullion - 10/29.99

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2022, 11:36:29 AM »

Hump Day Jammin':

Man O' War Puro Authentico Corona - 10/34.99
Oliva Serie O Robusto - 10/42.50
Gurkha 125th Anniversary Torpedo - 5/19.99
Diesel Double Perfecto - 15/49.99
Drew Estate Non-Traditional 5-Cigar Sampler (Anywhere but Massachusetts, for now, special sampler) / $19.99
includes:
1 - Kentucky Fire Cured Sweet Just a Friend (6" x 52)
1 - Deadwood Sweet Jane (5" x 46)
1 - Larutan Dirt Torpedo (5" x 54)
1 - Kentucky Fire Cured Swamp Thing Toro (6" x 52)
1 - Larutan Irish Hops (6" x 52)
Diesel Rage Toro (6.0"x54) - 5 / $24.99

*Also available in Massachusetts.
Mark Twain No. 1 - 10/29.99
Rocky Patel The Edge Corojo Toro - 10/39.99
Caldwell Collection - E.S. Midnight Express Toro - 5/29.99
E.P. Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro Small Churchill - 10/39.99
5 Vegas Gold Bullion - 10/29.99
Ave Maria Dark Knight Robusto (No Coffin) - 5/27.50

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2022, 11:36:29 AM »

[...]

Agreed
*When available...

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2022, 11:36:58 AM »

Simultaneous post!

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2022, 11:52:13 AM »

[...]

Diesel Unholy 5-Star Sampler - 5/27.50

  The Diesel Unholy 5-Star includes:
    1 – Diesel Unholy Cocktail Torpedo (5" x 56)
    1 – Diesel Uncut Torpedo (5" x 56)
    1 – Diesel Unlimited Torpedo (5" x 56)
    1 – Diesel Unlimited Maduro Torpedo (5" x 56)
    1 – Diesel Hair of the Dog Torpedo (5" x 56)

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2022, 12:06:14 PM »

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2022, 12:12:51 PM »

Today's Wordle update - took my wife 5 guesses, I got it in 2.
Same word?  :o
I assume so, but I'll double check with her.

EDIT:

Yup, same word.
LALTS
Doing it now.  No spoilers.
Three yellows and a green on the first guess.  I HAVE to solve this in two.
The tension mounts!
Got it in two.  It was a bit of a...nevermind.
Four for me.

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2022, 12:16:24 PM »

[...]

MAYANS by CAO Gordo - 5/27.50

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2022, 01:26:39 PM »

[...]

Big Deuce #20 Smiley Cutter & Torch Lighter - 29.99

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6