Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2022, 10:37:09 AM »

Couldn't find any green bagels either, but this will do.
Is that a pistachio muffin?

Good morning, ClemsonDave.

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2022, 10:39:55 AM »

Couldn't find any green bagels either, but this will do.
Is that a pistachio muffin?

Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Never mind. Asked and answered.

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2022, 10:43:54 AM »

Today's over/under is 11
Raz Over/Under is 14
Only 6 today.

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2022, 10:44:56 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Top o' da morning' to ya, Bret.

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2022, 11:02:05 AM »

I'm about as Irish as Tony is, but no reason not to celebrate!

I'm Scots-Irish on both sides, maternal and paternal.  My dad's maternal side is Scots-Irish, and his paternal side is German with a little Norwegian.  My mom's paternal side is Scots-Irish, and her maternal side is Swiss-German.

One of my great-great-great grandfathers ran a pub in Dublin.  So I'm celebrating.

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2022, 11:04:09 AM »

Just shy of 8 hours until I find out if my max bid on this sweetheart holds up.

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2022, 11:09:53 AM »

Just shy of 8 hours until I find out if my max bid on this sweetheart holds up.
I know nothing about guns but that is a beautiful piece.

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2022, 11:12:05 AM »

It turns out is was Payday Thursday for me. Woohoo!

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2022, 11:24:02 AM »

It turns out is was Payday Thursday for me. Woohoo!
Score! Now don't spend it all on green beer. :D

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2022, 11:27:44 AM »

I'm about as Irish as Tony is, but no reason not to celebrate!

I'm Scots-Irish on both sides, maternal and paternal.  My dad's maternal side is Scots-Irish, and his paternal side is German with a little Norwegian.  My mom's paternal side is Scots-Irish, and her maternal side is Swiss-German.

One of my great-great-great grandfathers ran a pub in Dublin.  So I'm celebrating.
Me too!  I'll celebrate your family!

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2022, 11:31:16 AM »

Just shy of 8 hours until I find out if my max bid on this sweetheart holds up.
I know nothing about guns but that is a beautiful piece.
It's a Smith & Wesson 686.  The 586 and 686 were built on S&W's heavy-duty L frame, and chambered in .357 Magnum.  The 586 had a blued finish, and the 686 was brushed stainless steel. This is a 686-3, the third design revision and dates to the early 90's.  That makes it desirable because in Rev 4 they added the "Hilary Lock" when they knuckled under to pressure from the Clinton Administration.  To this day S&W is putting the keylock on 686s (now in Rev 6), and the lock fucks up the trigger action. But people still buy them because the 686 is arguably the most durable handgun ever built, and unless you've experienced the pre-lock action, you don't know what you don't know.

I had a 686-0 in 1987, when the Warden and I were dating, but traded it for a Ruger Blackhawk. Then a disastrous cross-country music tour in 1988 left me stranded in Seattle without enough money to get home to Tucson.  So I had to sell the Blackhawk to a friend to get home, and it was several years before I could again afford to buy a gun.

Regret of all the firearms I ever owned and sold has driven me to replace the ones that got away.  It's very hard to do, finding period-correct examples, but I'm down to four. The 686, the Blackhawk, an early 80's Winchester Model 94, and a Zastava Tokarev in 9mm. If this auction goes my way, I'll be down to 3.

The thing about getting old is that you marvel that there were years you couldn't scrape enough money together to afford what was then a $300 gun, and now you don't even think about the fact that it costs $100 to take the wife out to dinner.

I know, retirement will come, and I won't be able to afford it again.   But I'll have the guns. ;-)

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2022, 11:38:25 AM »

I'm about as Irish as Tony is, but no reason not to celebrate!

I'm Scots-Irish on both sides, maternal and paternal.  My dad's maternal side is Scots-Irish, and his paternal side is German with a little Norwegian.  My mom's paternal side is Scots-Irish, and her maternal side is Swiss-German.

One of my great-great-great grandfathers ran a pub in Dublin.  So I'm celebrating.
Me too!  I'll celebrate your family!
We're a cantankerous bunch, going way back, but we'll drink wit'ye.

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2022, 11:53:11 AM »

Today's over/under is 11
Raz Over/Under is 14
Damn you and that picture. I lost count three times.

Fifteen.

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2022, 01:16:20 PM »

It turns out is was Payday Thursday for me. Woohoo!
Must be pretty flush if you don't have to keep track of when payday is.

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2022, 01:16:41 PM »

Today's over/under is 11
Raz Over/Under is 14
Damn you and that picture. I lost count three times.

Fifteen.
That's impressive.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7