CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 3/15/2022  (Read 2250 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 3/15/2022
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2022, 12:05:52 PM »

Morning, twofers. Short day for me today, as the kids and I have dentist appts this morning.
I think I'd rather stay at work.
Amen to that.
I'll second that
Hopefully, the little one is clear, because she hasn't had a cleaning since the before times. We had appts December 2019 that we had to cancel because everyone got sick. Those were rescheduled for March 2020, which were canceled when everything closed down. Then she got vaxxed and we had appts in January, but our hygienist went on maternity leave.
I haven't been in a long while either. I need to make an appointment.
I enjoy it so much I go extra times just for cleaning...
Believe it or not, my old dental insurance used to prefer I went for cleanings four times a year. And since we had a great dentist in my office building, I would take advantage.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2022, 01:53:20 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 7
Raz Over/Under is 12

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2022, 01:55:59 PM »

I never want to owe at the end of a year. I file with additional deductions. The money i get back I try and use for a Capital improvement.
Like Raz said, you're better off owing a little come tax time.  The money you get back is yours anyway that the government has had and used over the year without paying you interest.
I am aware. It's just tough to save so when I can get back enough for a home improvement or put money down on a credit card, etc. That's what I do.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2022, 02:07:44 PM »

I never want to owe at the end of a year. I file with additional deductions. The money i get back I try and use for a Capital improvement.
Like Raz said, you're better off owing a little come tax time.  The money you get back is yours anyway that the government has had and used over the year without paying you interest.
I am aware. It's just tough to save so when I can get back enough for a home improvement or put money down on a credit card, etc. That's what I do.
In principle, I agree with Raz but with the current interest rates being paid on savings accounts...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2022, 02:42:12 PM »

In principle, I agree with Raz but with the current interest rates being paid on savings accounts...
True.  No need to keep it there either.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2022, 02:50:32 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 7
Raz Over/Under is 12

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2022, 02:51:55 PM »

Putin has announced sanctions against Biden and others in response to their actions against Russia.
This means they are not allowed to enter the country....oh the travesty!

They threw in Hunter Biden and Hillary Clinton to make their friends at FOX happy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-announces-sanctions-on-biden-and-several-top-us-officials/ar-AAV5SjZ?ocid=msedgntp

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2022, 03:10:31 PM »

Nice splurge Connie for your consideration Rick.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2022, 03:49:23 PM »

It's about 60° out there so I'll be joining you shortly.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2022, 04:39:01 PM »

I found a Herrera Esteli Inktome in my humidor this morning and that's what I plan to smoke on the way home. I shall keep you all posted.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2022, 05:29:58 PM »

I found a Herrera Esteli Inktome in my humidor this morning and that's what I plan to smoke on the way home. I shall keep you all posted.
It's a bit stronger than I remember it. Lots of orange flavor on the retrohale and a super long finish. I really like the box press on this corona. The only negative I have is that the ash is falling off very easily.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2022, 05:45:12 PM »

It's a bit stronger than I remember it. Lots of orange flavor on the retrohale and a super long finish. I really like the box press on this corona. The only negative I have is that the ash is falling off very easily.

A bit of a wonky burn but the flavors and draw are still okay.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2022, 06:08:25 PM »

Can't really explain it but there is an effervescent mouth feel with this cigar. In any case, the burn continuously corrects itself and that goes a long way with me. Currently burning passed the first band.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2022, 07:37:47 PM »

Can't really explain it but there is an effervescent mouth feel with this cigar. In any case, the burn continuously corrects itself and that goes a long way with me. Currently burning passed the first band.

Sounds like an enjoyable stick.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2022, 08:18:29 PM »

Sounds like an enjoyable stick.
I'm partial to the non infused Drew Estate stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5