CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 2/28/2022  (Read 2335 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 2/28/2022
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2022, 09:11:03 AM »

Planning to head back into the office on Wednesday. Looks like I will be going in one day per week for the foreseeable future. Might be doing two days before long.
Is that a good thing? You lose the comforts of home but don't we all want to get back to some form of normalcy?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 09:24:32 AM »

Planning to head back into the office on Wednesday. Looks like I will be going in one day per week for the foreseeable future. Might be doing two days before long.
Is that a good thing? You lose the comforts of home but don't we all want to get back to some form of normalcy?
I'm not complaining at all. I love the flexibility of working remotely but I actually prefer the office.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2022, 09:25:52 AM »

Not me. I want my new normal to be completely devoid of a commute.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 09:30:30 AM »

...and I would like 5 more coworkers to replace the ones I lost in the last 2 years

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2022, 09:39:32 AM »

...and I would like 5 more coworkers to replace the ones I lost in the last 2 years
Well, at least one of us is getting what he wants. Lol

But seriously, sucks to have been burned by the great retirement or whatever they're calling this period of people not going back to work.

EDIT: Looks like it's the "Great Resignation".

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2022, 09:47:28 AM »

But seriously, sucks to have been burned by the great retirement or whatever they're calling this period of people not going back to work.

Yeah 2 retired, 2 left for another job and one went out on personal matter. This all happened in the last 24 months. My new supervisor was trying to make this the new normal until us remaining met him with objection. It's still a work in progress.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2022, 10:02:37 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2022, 10:03:53 AM »

Me too.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2022, 10:06:38 AM »

Yeah 2 retired, 2 left for another job and one went out on personal matter. This all happened in the last 24 months. My new supervisor was trying to make this the new normal until us remaining met him with objection. It's still a work in progress.
As long as you keep fighting for what's right, that's all you can do.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2022, 10:07:06 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2EvenBeforeTDRaz.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2022, 10:07:46 AM »

As long as you keep fighting for what's right, that's all you can do.
Though, I suppose you could also look for employment elsewhere. But I'm guessing if that were a viable option, you'd have done that long ago.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2022, 10:14:59 AM »

Happy Monday!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Good morning. Spring cannot come soon enough.
Amen to that, this winter shit is for the birds.
It's not so bad...

Clemson, SC

CURRENT WEATHER
10:13 AM
‎°F
Partly sunny

FEELS LIKE
44°
Expect sunny skies. The high will be 62°.

10 DAY FORECAST

Today

62°
Sunny
37°
Precipitation
2%

Tue 1

68°
40°

Wed 2

74°
47°

Thu 3

77°
47°

Fri 4

66°
46°

Sat 5

75°
53°

Sun 6

76°
54°

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2022, 10:16:12 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - Gurkha Ultimate Double Perfecto Collection - 9/39.99

Door #2 - Latitude Zero Toro - 10/39.99

Door #3 - Ave Maria Holy Grail Churchill (sorry Dave, no Coffin) - 5/29.99
Well, fuk it then.  Not a bad cigar, wish they weren't just Churchills though.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2022, 10:16:35 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2EvenBeforeTDRaz.
Gotta keep y'all guessing, y'know?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2022, 10:18:59 AM »

In a couple of days, my daughter will be returning home for Spring Break. Therefore, spring is imminent, no?
Spring break means a bunch of womens rowing teams come down here, particularly from the north for their first chance of the season to actually row on water.  So a bunch of Amazons around town for most of March.  Not complaining.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5