Pages: 1 [2] 3

We have page 2!

morning Rick, Tony, and Dave.

Good morning Deano and Dave

Looks like I split this Olivia Connecticut Reserve opening a 5 pack with my knife but it has delivered.
That cigar has seen some things, man.

Surprised we made it to page 3 yesterday.
I guess it could happen again.

Surprised we made it to page 3 yesterday.
I guess it could happen again.
That doesn't sound very optimistic...

Morning, muchachos. Rare weekend checkin.

Today's Over/Under is 11
Whoa...18.

Really?

Morning, muchachos. Rare weekend checkin.
Good afternoon Raz

Emptied the first of three Tuppedors from the move. Progress!

Well, to move us along, how about the 50 most annoying pop songs....
I'm sure some of these will get stuck in your head today just by mentioning them.

The Proclaimers
‘I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)’
This peppy tune is annoying because it is repetitive. But it also gets on your nerves because it is repetitive while being peppy. It’s too happy. In the US, it was a one-hit-wonder.
In the UK, the Scottish band did well. There was even a movie called "Sunshine on Leith" made based on the band’s album "Sunshine on Leith."

Crazy Frog
‘Axel F’
Axel Foley was a Detroit police officer reassigned to the posh 90210 districts of LA. Eddie Murphy’s portrayal of the character in "Beverly Hills Cops"  was legendary. And so naturally, the original '80s theme song became a hit too.
But then along came this inexplicable remake decades later, accompanied by a bizarre animated music video of an actual frog made by Swedish CGI artists and "musicians." It was huge, and we don't know why.

Starland Vocal Band
‘Afternoon Delight’
The only thing more grating than listening to “Afternoon Delight” is watching it. A close-up shot of the singer’s mug is a creepy introduction to the 1976 music video. The tune itself seesaws monotonously back and forth, swaying with a sing-song pitch.
Possibly the best version of the song is the one sung in "Anchorman." It really gets the comic twist it needed, making it much less annoying while at the same time showing just how cheesy it is.

Europe
‘Final Countdown’
This band nails the 80s big hair look. They’ve also managed to dial in the synth sound of the era as well. The highly charged tune relies on one riff played over and over and over. But it’s a powerful one that makes it a perfect workout song.
They mention that it's the final countdown 13 times, just in case you forgot what you're listening to. This repetitive and annoying song will definitely have you counting down until the song is over.

Barry Manilow
‘Copacabana’
Copacabana is one of those catchy cabaret songs that the 70s could not do without. It tells an interesting story, but all we remember is the chorus repeats. It’s a great refrain, for a minute.
While he is undeniably popular, Barry Manilow's shmaltzy quality can be pretty grating, and this song is certainly proof of that.

Rednex
‘Cotton Eye Joe’
“Cotton-Eyed Joe” was a folk song and a nursery rhyme going back to 1865. It originated in the Deep South as a plantation work song. Before Rednex recorded it, a 1925 version was a popular hit song.
And now it’s a meme too. It’s very twangy and repetitive; if you don’t mind that and you like folk songs, you’re bound to love it.

Tom Jones
‘What’s New Pussycat’
This song is offensive, and that’s how Tom Jones likes it. And for those who don’t like those types of lyrics, it is quite unpleasant to hear Tom Jones repeatedly ask this seemingly significant question, ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
This 1965 hit song originated with the movie "What’s New Pussycat." The film was nominated for an Oscar. We sure do hope it's not because of the song.

Cher
‘Believe’
“Believe” was quite a production. It took six years to record. The tune is catchy and clean and makes you want to sing along. Not to mention, it was the biggest selling single in 1999.
But it is monotonous. There is at least one line that is particularly trying: “I really don’t think you’re strong enough.” By round five, it’s overkill.

Eiffel 65
‘Blue’
Italian sync pop band Eiffel 65 made the charts with this song in 1998. “Blue” is a catchy dance tune with senseless lyrics. The peppy electro sound is what draws people to it.
Marvel Studios thought so. “Blue” is on the soundtrack of "Iron Man 3." We're glad it went to good use in the blockbuster, as it's not really lyrically rich with lines like “da ba dee da ba dye.”

Baha Men
‘Who Let the Dogs Out'
“Who Let the Dogs Out” was a massive hit. It’s energetic and fun, a summertime resort vacation anthem. The track is sprinkled with rap and some lyrics, but Somehow, the song won a Grammy for Best Dance Recording. We suppose it did make us hit the dancefloors, but the repetition of “woof, woof, woof, woof" can get on one's nerves.

James Blunt
‘You’re Beautiful’
This song is about a man in conflict. He loves a beautiful woman, but she is taken. “You’re Beautiful” ends on a dramatic note. He can’t be with her, so, in the music video, he resolves it by jumping into the ocean. This somewhat redeems the sappy 2005 love song.
Weirdly, in addition to it being annoying, the premise of the song is a little far-fetched. According to Blunt, it’s about a guy on a subway stalking someone else’s girlfriend. Not exactly the romance we thought.

Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots
‘Disco Duck’
Rick Dees, the Top 40 radio DJ countdown guy, put this parody song out in 1976. As a local Memphis DJ, he thought it would be funny for his morning show. People liked it.
At least for an entire week, the length of time the disco ditty held the number one position on the Billboard Hot 100. Apparently, that’s all listeners could take of Daffy Duck quacking along. “Disco Duck” was big enough to make it on the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack.

Nickelback
‘Photograph’
There's a reason why Nickleback earned the title as our era's worst band in the world, and “Photograph” is probably what launched them into that status. As such, the gruff lyrics accompanying the requisite electric guitars and drums make it a common one.
A lot of people like the song, but it’s hard to listen past lead singer Chad Kroeger’s growling vocal style.

Hanson
‘MMMBop’
Monster 90s hit “MMMBop” is now more than 25 years old. Perhaps this otherwise decent song is so maligned widely because the Hansons were a bunch of kids? How dare they encroach on the consequential genre of real rock music. One thing is sure; they are no longer kids!
They also proved that you don't really need to sing lyrics to make an annoying song. You can just have made-up sounds and reach the same goal.

Justin Bieber
‘Baby’
Another kid that everyone but his peer group seems to malign is the Bieb. With “Baby,” Justin Bieber is like a little kid singing sugary love songs. He doesn’t look old enough.
It’s irksome to adults. Of course, by now, born in 1994, he’s legal and everything. Not that he's any less annoying as a grown man.

Aqua
‘Barbie Girl’
Is it a commercial or a real song? It doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t compute. Mattel would never approve of “Barbie Girl’s” suggestive lyrics. The company, in fact, sued.
Not so. The insipid Euro-pop dance song was a number one hit in the UK for four solid weeks.

Starship
‘We Built This City’
First, there was Jefferson Airplane; then there was Jefferson Starship. By 1984, “Starship” was the only identifying feature remaining of the original 60s band. One member survived.
The song was written by Elton John’s songwriter Bernie Taupin. It’s hard to know how the refrain could be so tiresome when it isn’t actually repeated that much.

The Police
‘De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da’
“De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da” is the most annoying song by The Police. It has not only a pedestrian chorus but also a repetitive riff. Since it’s The Police, it is a great riff, but it’s too much of a good thing.
On top of that, “De do do do, de da da da is all I want to say to you,” cycles on repeat. All I want to say is, “Stop!” Yet, if one stops to hear the lyrical genius of Sting in the lines between, it’s impossible not to admire the song.

Ricky Martin
‘Livin' La Vida Loca’
The crazy and fun Latin pop dance song by former boy band heartthrob Ricky Martin was a major hit in 1999. Billboard awards and Grammy nods acclaimed the song.
Never-ending radio rotation ensured it was stuck in everyone’s head. People loved it. Certified double-platinum, “Livin’ La Vida Loca” had just enough Spanish to draw in Latino audiences and little enough to hold the attention of Americans.

The Black Eyed Peas
‘My Humps’
If you can make it through “My Humps” in its entirety, you know why it was voted ‘worst lyrics in dance music’ in a 2012 poll. Slate called it “veering toward evil” and “horrifically bad.” Enough said.
The cheap innuendos don't help. Thankfully, it hasn't aged well, and unsurprisingly, this dance track hasn't stuck around on dance floors around the world. In fact, it faded pretty quickly.

The Four Seasons
‘Sherry’
Typical of 60s music, “Sherry” harks back to a special place in American culture, an era alien to the 2020s. An unimaginable place in time where frisky innuendos were forbidden and banned.
Though the bigger problem with this 60s ditty is the shrill high pitches that may cause irreversible cochlear damage.

Vanilla Ice
‘Ice Ice Baby’
Wow. This 1989 song was huge. No one even knew or cared that the bumping bass riff was a blatant rip-off of “Under Pressure” by David Bowie and Queen.
Freddie Mercury just laughed when he heard it; he thought it was his song at first! In the end, “Ice Ice Baby” brought new ears to Queen and annoyed a lot of people.

Celine Dion
‘My Heart Will Go On’
Celine Dion is one of the greatest solo artists in the world. Still, there must be at least one song by any major act that grates on our nerves. “My Heart Will Go On” is the one.
It was ubiquitous in 1997 as the theme song of "Titanic." Way more overplayed than most songs. Kate Winslet, one of the stars in  Titanic, has claimed that she feels like throwing up when she hears the song now. We hear you!

Sisqo
‘Thong Song’
Unapologetically crass. When asked about what inspires such a song, Sisqo told The Ringer in 2021, “To be completely honest, I was young.” The song came out in 2000. It is a song about a scanty garment.
He went on to say, “but the fact of the matter is if you know you’re into somebody and they put that thong on and they spent the time to look good in it, it could still get anything you want from anybody.”

Culture Club
‘Karma Chameleon’
To fully appreciate how annoying this song is, you would’ve had to have lived in 1983 when it played ceaselessly. “Karma, Karma, Karma Karma, Karma, Karma chameleon,” over and over and over.
What does it even mean? It’s like relentless nonsense. We wish we could say that Boy George moved on to better things, but we don't want to lie.

Rebecca Black
‘Friday’
A song as hedonistic as “Friday” is rare to come by. A refrain as vacuous as “Partying, partying, fun, fun, fun, fun” does not happen, save for a show like Barney and Friends.
In 2011, the song went viral. Ms. Black had to take it down because her YouTube was inundated with two million “dislikes.” Plus, the OC teen was receiving threats.

Billy Ray Cyrus
‘Achy Breaky Heart’
This 1992 pop music sensation is what contemporary country music is all about. Perfect for the popular square dance craze. Billy Ray sporting a mullet into the 90s. The song is so bad; it's often used as a way to parody country songs. That must feel pretty rotten. At least his daughter had more success.

Los Del Rio
‘Macarena’
Not only was this song played everywhere in the 90s, but people did the Macarena. At pro baseball games, for instance, when the song played between innings, fans stood up and danced the Macarena. True sensation.
To be fair, it's been a while since the world was taken with such a hit song, combined with its very own dance. Of course, the hype and overplaying ultimately killed it.

Spice Girls
‘Wannabe’
This song is generally summed up by one line, “Tell me what you want, what you really, really want.” The Spice Girls were hot. Posh, Scary, Sporty, and Baby Spice were mega pop stars.
“Wannabe” sold 23 million copies worldwide. They even made a movie that took in $100 million at the box office. Well, we know what we want. And no more of this song, please.

Wham!
‘Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go’
Jitterbug. George Michael would take off to the stars with a solo career, but first, he hit it big with Wham! Roundly parodied for his over-the-top joyous, playful pop style, “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” epitomized the band. It was released in 1984.
For an 80s song, it tried to echo the Beach Boys' type of style a little too much, only with over-stylized puffy hair and lip gloss. One gets over the song about halfway through.

Robin Thicke
‘Blurred Lines’
“Blurred Lines” (2013) is not on this list for no reason. It has some horrible innuendos that should not be in the public music sphere.
This one-hit-wonder was clouded with additional controversy when a judge ruled that the song ripped off Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up." How did they turn such a classic into such an annoying song?

The Strangeloves
‘I Want Candy’
This 1965 tune by The Strangeloves is festive, upbeat, and snappy with loads of island beats. It is a great song for a party, but it is very repetitive.
As it goes with most it songs, it starts to get into every bit of culture. From movies to TV shows, supermarkets, and any random event that you can think of.

The Muppets
‘Mahna Mahna’
This song is nonsensical and silly. Because, of course, it is. It’s the Muppets.  There is not a single word in any language. It is vocalized by puppets who sing, “Mahna Mahna” and “Doo doo doo doo doo,” in a battle of the chorus; it's meant to be meaningless.
When it comes to melodies made for kids, folks tend to keep it simple, and simple can sometimes mean repetitive, and that almost always means annoying.

OMI
‘Cheerleader’
Why is summer the repertory of inane songs? “Cheerleader” came out in the summer of 2012. The song by Jamaican musical artist Omi first caught on in Hawaii.
Its mix of trumpet, piano, and conga made it a major dance hit. It may be danceable, but it rubs serious music listeners the wrong way.

The Champs
'Tequila’
How does one compose a super compelling song and then sabotage it with a single word? Is it a Jose Cuervo jingle? He could have chosen any word. It’s a mystery.
All we know is that the sax player who composed it used the refrain to cover up holes in the melody. Also, as a B-side released in 1958, the tequila aficionado saxophonist didn’t expect a hit.

The Newbeats
‘Bread and Butter’
In 1964, “Bread and Butter” hit number two on the US charts. With the success, the band got to join the Rolling Stones on a world tour.
The monotonous and annoying song turned out to be a hit. They had two other hits, called "Everything's Alright" & "Run Baby Run (Back Into My Arms)," But soon after that, they fell into obscurity.

The Coasters
‘Yakety Yak’
The song title alerts one immediately. And, yes, it is true, “Yakety Yak” is a truly irritating song. The rockabilly ditty about a kid not wanting to do household chores and his parent's warning “Don’t talk back”  was a success.
The song became one hit in 1958 and became an indispensable song in the classic rock genre.  Nevertheless, it's pretty much unlistenable these days.

Andy Grammer
‘Honey, I’m Good’
This song leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Sugar-pop, sloppy topic. The singer, belting this 2014 song out with a peppy and fervent zeal, thinks that he has achieved some sort of moral high ground for not cheating on his wife or girlfriend.
Not just that, but he thinks he is God's gift to women. Instead, he is repulsive. With that in mind, this song is not an easy listen.

Willow Smith
‘I Whip My Hair’
In the real world, this song would not pass go. A refrain like, “I whip my hair back and forth” is so frivolous and inane that the only possible way one could ever get it recorded would be by knowing someone in the business.
Unfortunately for our ears, that someone is Will Smith, the father of Willow Smith. The movie and music star definitely pulled all kinds of strings to allow this to happen.

Unknown
‘Baby Shark Dance’
This is a kid song, so it is naturally irritating. But just because it is an anthem for children, this does not mean it needs to be quite this annoying. It’s huge too and is sang in kindergartens all around the world.
The K-pop-inspired ditty is well known by every parent of young children as countless kids come back from kindergartens singing it non-stop.

Barney
‘I Love You’
This is another inane song that parents all over the world have been subjected to. When Barney’s show was big in 1992, this song was like an untreatable contagion that spread from the pink dinosaur on the TV to toddlers everywhere.
While the sentiment is very sweet, the tune can be annoying for anyone over five years old. Let's keep this one strictly on kids' TV.

Carly Rae Jepsen
‘Call Me Maybe’
We, as music listeners, were treated to “Call Me Maybe” in 2012. It was a big sensation, so we heard it everywhere. Some wish we never had. The song has no depth. It is the same thing over and over.
We're also so sorry about Carly Rae Jepsen's approach to being called. Does she want it? Does she think it's crazy? We don't know! Maybe?

Gummibär
‘I’m a Gummy Bear’
“I’m a Gummy Bear” is a kid song from Germany, the land of the gummy bears. Do you remember when you first learned gummy bears hail from Deutschland? We don't either, but apparently, it's a thing.
This high-pitched and continuous "song" is engineered for children’s ears and rather torturous for adult ones. Out of the bad selection of kids' music, this one probably ranks highest in most annoying songs.

Miley Cyrus
‘Do My Thang’
Daughter of “Achy Breaky” Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus is unapologetically independent in this song. “Do My Thang” gets a little too down-and-dirty for parents looking for that cute little Hannah Montana Disney star who sang sweet songs.
We get it, she's trying to establish herself as a grown woman, but do we have to all hear her do it? Unfortunately, thanks to all radio stations everywhere, the answer is yes.

Meghan Trainor
‘All About That Bass”
She’s all about repeating herself. She’s all about having a voluptuous booty. She is all about being really proud of that rear end. Meghan Trainor has been in the business for a long time but the 2014 song “All About That Bass” is her first to chart.
It's kind of a positive message, at least at first. It's fair to say that 30 seconds into the song we really do get the message. It's crystal clear, but Meghan seems to think we're a little slow on the uptake.

Pharrell Williams
‘Happy’
Here is another song with a red flag warning right in the title. “Happy” celebrates being happy. There is no irony or complexity, “Clap along if you know what happiness is to you.”
Nothing can bring Pharrell Williams down. Tell him the planet is melting and the economy is in a downward spiral; he’s still happy.

Bruno Mars
‘Marry You’
Glee covered this song. Say no more.  “Marry You” is a 2011 single by Bruno Mars from his debut album Doo-Wops & Hooligans. (An artist should be eternally exiled for publishing a title like that).
Apparently, many men have used it as a proposal song. Come on, guys, use some creativity and not an overused pop song!

Kim Kardashian
‘Jam (Turn It Up)’
Having been married to music icon Kanye, Kim Kardashian figured, why not give it a shot? Her solo single “Jam (Turn It Up)” is a heavily produced conglomeration of electronic beats and the artist’s vocals. It was a success, but the celeb was not that impressed.
“Thirty years from now, I can be like, ‘Yeah, I did it...” Some artists struggle just to make it. For Kardashian, trying out a solo career was like trying on a designer evening gown.

Buckwheat Boyz
‘It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time’
“It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time” should be banned everywhere. It’s sheer cacophony. The song is dissonant, jarring, and harsh on the ears. In general, insipid songs like this have a melody that attracts us to them.
Not this one. It is like clanging trash can lids with someone screaming nonsense in the background. Sorry Buckwheat Boyz, maybe next time.

Daphne and Celeste
‘U.G.L.Y.’
When they first hit the radio, most pop songs at least get to be just that — popular. “U.G.L.Y.” might be one of the few exceptions. As soon as this tune came out there were people who wanted to stop hearing it as soon as possible.
It got mixed reviews, with some people calling it inappropriate and ridiculous as Daphne and Celeste snapped back at people who called them ugly. They were booed off the stage during a concert because of the song. Weirdly, it did quite well in New Zealand.

Holly Valance
‘Kiss Kiss’
Holly Valance was a big soap opera star, but she wanted to break into music. She didn't have a good start, releasing “Kiss Kiss,” a cover of a Turkish song, in 2002.
It became popular for the catchy tune, and the music video did well thanks to the focus on Valance's sterling physical attributes, but her singing chops just won't weren't up to snuff. After two more singles (which, along with this song, got pretty high on the charts though weren't much-loved overall) she went back to acting, and we're all thankful.

Las Ketchup
“The Ketchup Song (Aserejé)”
Las Ketchup wanted to do something for the world, and the something was “The Ketchup Song.” This was a gift, according to them, to the socially awkward.
You could do almost anything during the song, and it would fit the beat, which was almost the entire point — you didn't have to have much of a rhythm to enjoy the song. But constant radio play and the song's nonsense lyrics quickly got people sick of it. Still, it reached number one in at least twenty European countries.

The VengaBoys
“We Like to Party (The Vengabus)”
Dutch Eurodance group Vengaboys thought they had hit it big with their party anthem, but most people who heard it more than once outside their native Netherlands wished they had kept it on the bus.
It's fast-paced and energetic, with a bouncy synth track, but it's the kind of song that really burrows in and will never get out, no matter how much you want it to stop playing in your head. Some have even referred to it as the low point of pop.

Nikki Webster
“Strawberry Kisses”
Webster had all eyes on her when she appeared at the 2000 Sydney Summer Olympics at the age of thirteen, performing in the opening ceremony. She quickly capitalized on the fame with “Strawberry Kisses” which, despite a fresh, bright sound, quickly proved to be an earworm that most people would have preferred not to hear.
Webster's singing was still good, but the musical nature of the song soured even as it climbed the Australian charts. Though certified platinum in Australia, the song never charted in the States.

Kylie Minogue
“I Should Be So Lucky”
It might be surprising to see the mighty Minogue on this list, but even our favorite soap opera actress-turned-singer isn't free from criticism. “I Should Be So Lucky” landed only a few days before the end of 1987, and despite shooting up the charts, the song had many listeners who said once was enough.
Despite this, it reached (or at least reached toward) number one in numerous countries outside of Australia, including the United States. It has even been added to Australia's Sounds of Australia registry.

Baauer
“Harlem Shake”
This song didn't become popular until a certain Youtube video used the song to make a meme. You're probably familiar with it. The meme helped drag the song into the limelight, but nobody was really there for the songwriting skills of DJ and producer Baauer.
Nevertheless, the song became a huge hit, going double platinum in the states. Unfortunately, most people can't bear to hear the opening lines because they're afraid something ridiculous is about to happen.

Bruno Mars
“The Lazy Song”
This lyrical anthem to laziness received mixed reviews as it started to get radio play, but most people could only say that until they got to the second verse. It featured a number of adult themes that, even compared to how pop songs have leaned in recent years, were too explicit and gross to want to think about.
It wasn't the best start to Mars's career, but he's been able to prove he has the chops. Comparisons were made to Jason Mraz, which is never good.

Florence & The Machine
“You've Got The Love”
That title is like what a computer would title a pop song. Pretty much as soon as “You've Got the Love” dropped their cover of this song in 2009, people were hearing it everywhere, from movie trailers to sports highlights.
The original song was a winner in the dance-pop charts, but Flo + the Machine moved it from dance to classic pop, with singer Florence Welch doing the heavy lifting. Overplay killed this song, as within a few months people were sick of hearing it everywhere they went.

Alvin & The Chipmunks
“I Like To Move It”
This one should come as no surprise. Anything that comes from the Chipmunks brand appeals to kids and kids only, with songwriting and musical choices that will drive everyone else up the wall.
Take a repetitive-if-catchy song and speed it up until it sounds like it's being sung by rodents, and you have a recipe for a song toddlers will love but parents will loathe. Nobody over the age of ten is interested in this tune, and for perfectly good reason.

Des'ree
“Life”
The years just prior to the turn of the millennium were a bit of a dark time for pop music lyrics. Take for instance the poetry of Des'ree's song “Life,” which includes lines like “I don't want to see a ghost / I'd rather have a piece of toast.” No, the lyrics aren't really the important part when it comes to pop songs, but they still matter.
Once the beat started to get dry, people turned to the lyrics and decided to stop listening to “Life.” Simply put, there were better options out there.

Maroon 5
“Moves Like Jagger”
Disco might not be as hated as it once was, but any song that uses that genre's elements has to be careful, and Maroon 5 is anything but careful. The band is the pinnacle of produced pop – plenty of their songs have reached the top of the charts only for people to get sick of the manufactured sound.
They disappear as fast as they arrive. “Moves Like Jagger” had the hearts and minds of the world for a little while, at least. And it gave Christina Aguilera a little bit of a comeback, too.

Scouting for Girls
“She's So Lovely”
Combining that song title with that band name makes a lot of people give pause. But that's beside the point – the catchy tune and popular idea of thinking a girl is pretty and wanting to get to know her captured hearts.
Tons of commercials and TV shows started using it. Tons. You couldn't flip through the channels without hearing snippets of it during its heyday, and we all know what happens when we have to hear a song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Natasha Bedingfield
“These Words”
There are plenty of pop songs about the industry, from writing and recording to producing or just “being a pop star,” but “These Words” are one of the few to be about writer's block and the pressure to create another hit.
The singing mimics Alanis, but the writing tends to float around the industry a little too much, and while the song was catchy, it just became one pop song among others as time went on. There were just better options when it came to soulful singers of her kind.

Red Hot Chili Peppers
“Suck My Kiss”
With a title like that, you know you're getting something poetic. RHCP has produced plenty of well-deserving hits that stand the test of time (as long as you're into that kind of music), but this ode to...something...ended up a little too bizarre for the listening public at large.
It's been rated as the fifth-best Red Hot Chili Peppers song by fans, but it still had a hard time getting any chart success. The best it did was in New Zealand, where it reached third, and it didn't even make it onto the billboard hot 100.

Olly Murs
“Please Don't Let Me Go”
We may never know why Olly Murs's debut single was a reggae-inspired pop song. The British singer, who came second in the sixth series of “The X Factor” in 2009, had the chance to get big and this was what he did.
Still, the song was popular for a little while it was playing. It's pleasant, fun, inoffensive, and, due to those elements, somewhat forgettable. The mellow summer sound got it on the charts, but it didn't have any staying power. Most people nowadays don't even know the Olly Murs' name.

Nero
“Crush On You”
British dubstep trio Nero came up with this song. Dubstep had its time in the sun, but that time has passed – it's now seen as an artifact of bygone times.
“Crush On You” peaked at number 32 on the UK Singles Chart, and that was even when dubstep was at the height of its power. The bizarre music video of a quartet of girls haunting or stalking a single boy might have gotten people talking, but once the genre of music receded, this song went with it.

Flo Rida
“Right Round”
Despite being Flo Rida's second number-one single, “Right Round” didn't really do anything special. Featuring consummate guest star Ke$ha, the song collected a number of negative reviews, stating that it was misogynistic and, worse, kitschy.

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3