Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

It remains a mystery to me why I've never come down with COVID, or at least haven't come down with it that I'm aware of.  It's not like I've ever been particularly careful. I didn't start wearing a mask with any frequency until the last few months, after vaccination. Social distancing is really a joke anyway, but I was never particularly careful about that either. My wife's niece and her kids are living with us, and  she works in retail. My wife is a teacher.  My eldest son has kept working all through the pandemic, at a business where the various protocols have NOT remotely been enforced, and despite my urging and his promise to do so, he is as yet unvaccinated.

All the opportunities for this to hit me have been there.  But nada, at least no symptoms remotely like anyone describes.  There was a nasty little cough that lingered for several weeks that went around my household in late February and early March of 2020.  But none of the other COVID symptoms.

Interestingly, of my immediate family, only my youngest brother has come down with it. Neither my dad nor my other siblings have come down with it.  My younger brother has been twice exposed, and closely - first when his wife and eldest daughter came down with it, and again when our youngest brother and his daughter got breakthrough cases.  Neither of my sons have gotten it.

I'm beginning to wonder if most of my family is carrying some sort of resistance, maybe the phenylated OAS1 gene.
This thing is a finicky bitch, to be sure. My vaccinated MIL and daughter both got it and had mild symptoms (my MIL a little worse), but my unvaccinated youngest didn't get it (or at least didn't show symptoms of it, since we didn't get her tested). It gives mild symptoms to older folk, and completely ravages healthy people in the prime of their lives. Lots of younger kids seem to be immune, while others have died. If it WERE a Chinese bioweapon, you'd have to at least tip your hat to them for their inventiveness.
It isn't a Chinese Bioweapon, but I am pretty convinced it was a Chinese lab fuckup.

[...]

There is definitely some information which points in that direction.

breakfast.
That looks delicious. I really wish I could join you. Month-end is just too crazy. I'm glad there isn't a jam today to distract me.
Why?  It didn't yesterday... :P
Not much, but it did a little bit.

Good morning, ClemsonDave.

Well, sleeping wasn't in the cards last night. This is going to be a long day. Morning, muchachos.
Mornin' anyway, Razman.

Well, sleeping wasn't in the cards last night. This is going to be a long day. Morning, muchachos.
Mornin' anyway, Razman.
Morning, T.

I've got one more meeting in about an hour and a bunch of reports to finalize that are due today. Overall, I can't complain too much.

[...]

Just between us and the walls, because I don't want to fuel anyone's conspiracy theories...but I've spent quite a bit of time with folks from the CDC over the past 17 years, I've got a collection of certificates of appreciation from them, and I've got lots of stories about working with them and partying with them.  But that place is a snakepit.  I have been recruited multiple times, but even if I WAS inclined to live in Atlanta, I wouldn't go to work there.  There are some very smart people who work there, but the place is absolutely shot through with egotism, ambition, backstabbing, and politics.

You can blame Trump all you want over his handling of the pandemic, but if you really study the history of the CDC, you'll find that they have precisely NEVER been able to put out coherent messaging.  Now, messaging isn't really their job, so that shouldn't be a problem, but everyone wants to look to them for guidance, and rely on them as authoritative, and that's just laughable.

And anyone who believes their protestations that they weren't supporting Gain-of-Function research in China is a mental midget.  That is exactly what they were doing.  I'm not shocked they were doing it, I'm shocked by their protestations that they weren't.

[...]

I know that the United States isn't the only country that has invested money and resources in not just China but other countries in research and developement of 'medicine' knowing full well how difficult it is to 'hide' such practices here. and seeing how I trust nobody whether it's China, Korea, Iran, etc., I would not be surprised that some day (not in my time of course) that it will be proven it was a biological weapon released accidentally. personally, if I were in charge of the country, if the U.N. didn't want to act on wiping China off the face of the earth, I would have.

[...]

As a biological weapon, it would probably be considered pretty shitty, as the current death rate from it is a shade over 2% of those infected. But as a political weapon, it would have to be considered a masterstroke, based solely on what it's done to us.

[...]

in the beginning down here in Florida with all the elderly dying off I thought it was a way of opening up the real estate market.

[...]

And look what happened to real estate prices!

[...]

As far as blaming Trump, fast tackling the vaccines was the one thing I actually agreed with. He deserves more credit for it. I'm a bit surprised how quickly his supporters turn on him and boo for him suggesting that people get vaccinated.

Hazzuh!

Back to summer...sheesh!  Having  a Sarsaparilla.

Surgical Center just called. they refuse to do my surgery Monday even though it's just a local anesthesia. more paperwork to fill out tomorrow to switch to the big hospital. WTF
they could just have numbed the damn thing and operated.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6