Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

I can count the amount of times I golfed this year on 1 hand. It is what it is. La ast time out I could not hit my hybrids to save my life. I luckily still had a 7 wood in my bag. I may just hand em up?

@LTG.
my email comunications with Hogan Golf:
Hey friend,

Thanks for visiting us at Ben Hogan Golf! We hope you enjoyed your online fitting with HoganFit. We're confident the right clubs are waiting for you...

no thank you. trying to wrap my head around the fact that at 69 years old with a 90 mph +- swing speed hitting driver 220 +- would warrent stiff shafts.

Hello Dean,
We do carry regular and senior flex driver shafts as well if you are more comfortable with those.
Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Thank you for choosing Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company.
Well, to be honest, 90 mph doesn't sound like much compared to the pros, but I'm in that same area and that's what they recommended for me at the Golf Galaxy fitting I had. Plus, if you're hitting it over 220, you're putting some speed into the ball, for sure.

I can count the amount of times I golfed this year on 1 hand. It is what it is. La ast time out I could not hit my hybrids to save my life. I luckily still had a 7 wood in my bag. I may just hand em up?
I'm definitely trying to make up for 0 trips last year.

[...]

Even my last irons were stiff shaft, that's what I've been using for many moons.

[...]

I just don't understand the reasoning. not like I'm getting younger and stronger as I age????

[...]

It's not about age, it's about how fast you're bringing the club into the ball. If you're swinging that fast, you don't want regular flex, because then the club won't come into the ball consistently, it'll be too whippy. Even worse with senior flex.

[...]

https://golf.com/instruction/shaft-flex-you-should-play-based-on-swing-speed/

Tony our stadium is going to be rocking Sunday.
We'll see. I'm not convinced.The Yanks haven't been rockin' anything lately.

I can count the amount of times I golfed this year on 1 hand. It is what it is. La ast time out I could not hit my hybrids to save my life. I luckily still had a 7 wood in my bag. I may just hand em up?
seldom do my outings go where all my clubs work as planned. I start my drives with my 3 wood unless I have a very wide fairway. hybrids (3,4) I use out of the rough. I quit carrying my 60° wedge and put a 5 wood in the bag. only have 6-pw, 52°, 56°, and of course the putter. so I still have 13 clubs to carry.

I can count the amount of times I golfed this year on 1 hand. It is what it is. La ast time out I could not hit my hybrids to save my life. I luckily still had a 7 wood in my bag. I may just hand em up?
seldom do my outings go where all my clubs work as planned. I start my drives with my 3 wood unless I have a very wide fairway. hybrids (3,4) I use out of the rough. I quit carrying my 60° wedge and put a 5 wood in the bag. only have 6-pw, 52°, 56°, and of course the putter. so I still have 13 clubs to carry.
I'll definitely use the 4-wood off the tee if driver is too much. Love that club.

[...]

thanks Dave.

Tony our stadium is going to be rocking Sunday.
We'll see. I'm not convinced.The Yanks haven't been rockin' anything lately.
Rocking the downward spiral maybe

I can count the amount of times I golfed this year on 1 hand. It is what it is. La ast time out I could not hit my hybrids to save my life. I luckily still had a 7 wood in my bag. I may just hand em up?
seldom do my outings go where all my clubs work as planned. I start my drives with my 3 wood unless I have a very wide fairway. hybrids (3,4) I use out of the rough. I quit carrying my 60° wedge and put a 5 wood in the bag. only have 6-pw, 52°, 56°, and of course the putter. so I still have 13 clubs to carry.
My Cleveland driver is really far when I hit it well. My second shot is killing me. I need to figure that part of my game out. My lack of play has a lot to do with it. I'm one who has to work on my game. My lack of range time and play time are obvious.

I can count the amount of times I golfed this year on 1 hand. It is what it is. La ast time out I could not hit my hybrids to save my life. I luckily still had a 7 wood in my bag. I may just hand em up?
seldom do my outings go where all my clubs work as planned. I start my drives with my 3 wood unless I have a very wide fairway. hybrids (3,4) I use out of the rough. I quit carrying my 60° wedge and put a 5 wood in the bag. only have 6-pw, 52°, 56°, and of course the putter. so I still have 13 clubs to carry.
My Cleveland driver is really far when I hit it well. My second shot is killing me. I need to figure that part of my game out. My lack of play has a lot to do with it. I'm one who has to work on my game. My lack of range time and play time are obvious.
My problem is usually off the tee on non par-3s. Finding the fairway is the biggest hinderance to my game.

I did play a par 3 over the summer and that was one of my better games at 5 over par. I had another round with a 51 and 40 for a 91. Inconsistency and then there's the round with the low 100's
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7