« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2015, 11:44:05 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
I thought it was just me, then Dan (the skinny guy in the picture sitting by the humidor) made the same observation.

But it was definitely there, just enough to be annoying because the cigar was really trying to be great. So I'm thinking they just need a little more time.
The banter definitely works.  I smoked a La Historia but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, sooner than later.
The banter definitely works.  I've had chili but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, like, now.
LOL!  I just checked our menu and may have to settle for Low Sodium Cream Of Mushroom Soup instead.
Seriously, single-malt Scotch always does this to me.  I wake up in the morning with a sour stomach and an insatiable craving for greasy food.  Three chicken legs from the convenience store this morning, and I'm headed back momentarily for egg rolls.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.

« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:49 AM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:13 AM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Steve!  Great to see you man.  Just in time for the lunch lull.

« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Steve!  Great to see you man.  Just in time for the lunch lull.

I know, right. Only time I could jump on the carousel though.

btw, Is New England still closed for the winter storm?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2015, 12:04:48 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?

« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:40 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Huh, thought it was you.  My memory is shot.  Well, it was a great little cigar.

More physical therapy today.

« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?
Everything good, just trying to figure out when we're going to grocery shop this week, since cable guy is coming tomorrow morning. Haha.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2015, 12:13:47 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Huh, thought it was you.  My memory is shot.  Well, it was a great little cigar.

More physical therapy today.

It's all good. I do enjoy the Camacho's myself, and would have gladly shared.  ;)

Have you been playing any on your down time?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?
Everything good, just trying to figure out when we're going to grocery shop this week, since cable guy is coming tomorrow morning. Haha.

"I hope it's not a girl... or a guy."

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2015, 12:17:25 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?
Everything good, just trying to figure out when we're going to grocery shop this week, since cable guy is coming tomorrow morning. Haha.

"I hope it's not a girl... or a guy."
Bro!

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/28/2015
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2015, 12:23:37 PM »

Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!