Pages: [1] 2 3 4

  • Administrator
11/7/2020
« on: November 07, 2020, 01:40:01 AM »

Hello cigar enthusiasts!  Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

Beautiful day here. No furnaces running. Gotta make the most of it. Good morning, banterland.

@Rick - in response to your question, I did have a couple issues with that one last night. I had to touch it up a couple of times, and when it got into the last third or so, I had a heck of a time keeping it lit. Not sure why, and I don't recall having that problem before, but I'll pay more attention with the last 2 I have.

It's gonna be a sloooooooooooow day here.

good morning Tony and Dave.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

It's gonna be a sloooooooooooow day here.
Biden recount lull, good morning!

It's gonna be a sloooooooooooow day here.
Biden recount lull, good morning!
morning David.

It's gonna be a sloooooooooooow day here.
Biden recount lull, good morning!
College football lull.  Good morning, Tony. Rick, Dean, and MaybeADave.

very beautiful breezy 84° day here.

It's gonna be a sloooooooooooow day here.
Biden recount lull, good morning!
College football lull.  Good morning, Tony. Rick, Dean, and MaybeADave.
morning Mark.

@Rick - in response to your question, I did have a couple issues with that one last night. I had to touch it up a couple of times, and when it got into the last third or so, I had a heck of a time keeping it lit. Not sure why, and I don't recall having that problem before, but I'll pay more attention with the last 2 I have.
I'm glad others have had some irregularities. Now to toss the other 5 I have left.

Beautiful weather here as well. Good morning Men. I'm making the best of this day.

It's gonna be a sloooooooooooow day here.
Biden recount lull, good morning!
College football lull.  Good morning, Tony. Rick, Dean, and MaybeADave.
But 15 minutes to kickoff.

AP has called it, PA for Biden, not that that was a particular surprise.  Groundhog Day is over!

Today is Saturday, Nov. 7, the 312th day of 2020.
There are 54 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Nov. 7, 1967, Carl Stokes was elected the first Black mayor of a major city — Cleveland, Ohio.

On this date:
In 1811, U.S. forces led by Indiana Territory Gov. William Henry Harrison defeated warriors from Tecumseh’s Confederacy in the Battle of Tippecanoe.
In 1867, Nobel Prize-winning scientist Marie Curie was born in Warsaw.
In 1917, Russia’s Bolshevik Revolution took place as forces led by Vladimir Ilyich Lenin overthrew the provisional government of Alexander Kerensky.

In 1944, President Franklin D. Roosevelt won an unprecedented fourth term in office, defeating Republican Thomas E. Dewey.
In 1962, Richard M. Nixon, having lost California’s gubernatorial race, held what he called his “last press conference,” telling reporters, “You won’t have Nixon to kick around anymore.”
In 1972, President Richard Nixon was re-elected in a landslide over Democrat George McGovern.

In 1973, Congress overrode President Richard Nixon’s veto of the War Powers Act, which limits a chief executive’s power to wage war without congressional approval.
In 1989, L. Douglas Wilder won the governor’s race in Virginia, becoming the first elected Black governor in U.S. history; David N. Dinkins was elected New York City’s first Black mayor.
In 2001, the Bush administration targeted Osama bin Laden’s multi-million-dollar financial networks, closing businesses in four states, detaining U.S. suspects and urging allies to help choke off money supplies in 40 nations.

In 2009, in a victory for President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled House narrowly passed, 220-215, landmark health care legislation to expand coverage to tens of millions lacking it and place tough new restrictions on the insurance industry.
In 2013, shares of Twitter went on sale to the public for the first time; by the closing bell, the social network was valued at $31 billion.
In 2018, a gunman killed 12 people at a country music bar in Thousand Oaks, Calif., before apparently taking his own life as officers closed in; the victims included a man who had survived the mass shooting at a country music concert in Las Vegas. After more than a year of blistering attacks from President Donald Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions was pushed out of that post.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4