Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Ten years ago: Scientists at the world’s largest atom smasher, the Large Hadron Collider near Geneva, recreated the state of matter shortly after the Big Bang using collisions of lead ions. Gebre Gebremariam (GEH’-brah geh-brah-MAYR’-ee-am) of Ethiopia won the men’s title at the New York City Marathon in 2:08:14 in his debut at the distance. Kenya’s Edna Kiplagat won the women’s race in 2:28:20 for her first major marathon championship.

Five years ago: The leaders of China and Taiwan met for the first time since the formerly bitter Cold War foes split amid civil war 66 years earlier; Chinese President Xi Jinping and Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou hailed the meeting in Singapore as a sign of a new stability in relations. The license plates that were on the limousine carrying President John F. Kennedy when he was assassinated in Dallas in 1963 were sold at auction for $100,000. Yitzhak Navon, 94, who was a top aide to Israel’s founding father David Ben-Gurion and who served as Israel’s president from 1978 to 1983, died in Jerusalem.

One year ago: Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that he would try to reclaim his old Senate seat from Alabama. (The effort ended in defeat in a Republican primary runoff.) Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson announced that he was retiring after more than three years as the city’s top cop. (Johnson would be fired weeks later by Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, who cited “ethical lapses” including lying about a recent incident in which Johnson was found asleep at the wheel of his car after having drinks.) Juul Labs said it would stop U.S. sales of its best-selling, mint-flavored electronic cigarettes; the move came as the company struggled to survive a nationwide backlash against vaping.

morning Rick and Dave.

Today’s Birthdays:

Former U.S. Sen. Rudy Boschwitz, R-Minn., is 90.
Actor Barry Newman is 82.
Actor Dakin Matthews is 80.
Singer Johnny Rivers is 78.
Former supermodel Jean Shrimpton is 78.
Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell is 77.
Former CIA Director David Petraeus is 68.
Jazz singer Rene Marie is 65.
Actor Christopher Knight (TV: “The Brady Bunch”) is 63.
Rock musician Tommy Thayer (KISS) is 60.
Actor Julie Pinson is 53.
Rock musician Greg Tribbett (Mudvayne) is 52.
Actor Michelle Clunie is 51.
Documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock is 50.
Actor Christopher Daniel Barnes is 48.
Actors Jeremy and Jason London are 48.
Actor Yunjin Kim is 47.
Actor Adam DeVine is 37.
Rock musician Zach Myers (Shinedown) is 37.
Actor Lucas Neff is 35.
Rapper Tinie (TY’-nee) Tempah is 32.
Rock singer Lorde is 24.

AP has called it, PA for Biden, not that that was a particular surprise.  Groundhog Day is over!
when does the impeachment process start? 🤣

Dean's Birthday spotlight for today, Jean Shrimpton!

AP has called it, PA for Biden, not that that was a particular surprise.  Groundhog Day is over!
when does the impeachment process start? 🤣
Shortly after the criminal trials for Trump in February.

Dean's Birthday spotlight for today, Jean Shrimpton!
she has a nice mouth.

AP has called it, PA for Biden, not that that was a particular surprise.  Groundhog Day is over!
when does the impeachment process start?
Not until the Republicans get control of the House. ;)

AP has called it, PA for Biden, not that that was a particular surprise.  Groundhog Day is over!
when does the impeachment process start?
Not until the Republicans get control of the House. ;)
Details, details.

@Rick - in response to your question, I did have a couple issues with that one last night. I had to touch it up a couple of times, and when it got into the last third or so, I had a heck of a time keeping it lit. Not sure why, and I don't recall having that problem before, but I'll pay more attention with the last 2 I have.
I'm glad others have had some irregularities. Now to toss the other 5 I have left.
Have you tried dry boxing them for a bit?

AP has called it, PA for Biden, not that that was a particular surprise.  Groundhog Day is over!
when does the impeachment process start?
Not until the Republicans get control of the House. ;)
Details, details.
I actually turned on Fox News for a couple minutes, just to see how they were reporting it, and they spent almost the whole time talking about Hillary. The more things change...

Mr. Bean, did you see your man King Von was shot and killed outside a hookah bar in Atlanta last night?

Mr. Bean, did you see your man King Von was shot and killed outside a hookah bar in Atlanta last night?
Makes him a legit rapper.

On to the afternoon.
Logged

Oyam18