« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2020, 11:39:56 AM »

I hate pizza dough, I can never get it round or thin enough. 😞

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »

good morning guys. did that sunrise thing on the gulf, stopped and got pizza makings, waiting on dough to rise.
There he is.  Glad to see you, Deano.  I was wondering if I should be worried about you.
thanks Brett, but you guys should worry more about me when I'm here. 🤣
We do that, as well. :D

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »

I think the economy is really starting to bite.  I'm watching gun auctions, and bid levels for serious collector pieces are pretty distinctly depressed.  If I wasn't nearly $5K into various gun commitments right now, I'd be bidding.  But I've got one 1911 in for restoration, just bought another, I have a rifle build and a handgun build in progress, a rifle having a new front sight put on, new sights for my carry gun that need to be installed, a bid in for a percussion revolver, money going away for hunting trips this fall, a trip to Front Sight coming in September.  Then there's money going out for home improvement projects.  I'm doing my part for the economy.

But damn, there are some deals out there right now on guns.

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »

I hate pizza dough, I can never get it round or thin enough. 😞
Neither can I.  My #2 son has gotten quite good at it, but he's making pizza for himself 3-4 times a week.

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2020, 11:53:11 AM »

I think the economy is really starting to bite.  I'm watching gun auctions, and bid levels for serious collector pieces are pretty distinctly depressed.  If I wasn't nearly $5K into various gun commitments right now, I'd be bidding.  But I've got one 1911 in for restoration, just bought another, I have a rifle build and a handgun build in progress, a rifle having a new front sight put on, new sights for my carry gun that need to be installed, a bid in for a percussion revolver, money going away for hunting trips this fall, a trip to Front Sight coming in September.  Then there's money going out for home improvement projects.  I'm doing my part for the economy.

But damn, there are some deals out there right now on guns.
Someone at our shop was looking for a Taurus Judge Public Defender for his wife, can't find one anywhere in stock.  Guess it depends on the make/model/caliber.  Ammo is still in short supply also.

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2020, 11:55:52 AM »

I hate pizza dough, I can never get it round or thin enough. 😞
Neither can I.  My #2 son has gotten quite good at it, but he's making pizza for himself 3-4 times a week.
fuck it. it'll eat.

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2020, 11:57:26 AM »

[...]

guns are in short supply here too unless you want to pay top dollar. trying to find a .410 pistol grip for under $500, sheesh.

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2020, 11:58:26 AM »

good morning guys. did that sunrise thing on the gulf, stopped and got pizza makings, waiting on dough to rise.
TWSS.  Good Day Dean.

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2020, 12:00:45 PM »

[...]

We're all stocked up here.  Need to go on an ammo run myself.

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2020, 12:01:13 PM »

I hate pizza dough, I can never get it round or thin enough. 😞
Neither can I.  My #2 son has gotten quite good at it, but he's making pizza for himself 3-4 times a week.
fuck it. it'll eat.
It's roundish, that'd be close enough for me.

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2020, 12:05:01 PM »

As a firearms collector, I'm always looking out for firearms of a type employed in historical events.  Getting the actual firearm used in a historical event is for far better-heeled, or luckier, collectors than I.  But getting the same type can be doable, even at a bargain, and that's more fun to because then I can shoot the weapons.

Take this example.  Slide-action rifles are not terribly popular among American shooters, who tend to favor the accuracy and durability of bolt rifles for hunting and semi-automatic rifles for other shooting sports.  So even though there aren't many Remington Gamemasters around, prices on them tend to be low.  My interest in them?  Well, I find slide action rifles interesting, and also, a Remington Gamemaster was used in a very, very famous assassination in April 1968.  I know, it's a bit morbid.  But history often is.

This one isn't original.  It has a custom stock.  But still, it interests me, and with 3 days to go on the auction, it's at $270.

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2020, 12:06:03 PM »

before.

« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2020, 12:10:17 PM »

before.
Olives, green peppers, onions, jalapenos?  Sheesh.

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »

[...]

Fortunately for me, I already own all - or at least most - of the current-production guns I'll likely ever want.  Now I'm looking for specific pieces from specific eras, or related somehow to specific events.

Of course, in times like these, it does help to cultivate relationships with local gun dealers.  If your local dealer likes you, you get phone calls when they have a line on something.

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2020, 12:15:28 PM »

[...]

That's a problem right now.  Fortunately, I've got a decent stash, but my usual suppliers are all tapped out right now.