CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 7/14/2020  (Read 3737 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 7/14/2020
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2020, 05:34:24 PM »

I needed this!
Nice.  Good?  Should I order some?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2020, 05:35:39 PM »

12K.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2020, 06:29:11 PM »

I'm a founding member, but my post count is a third or less of other founding members.  Not that anyone cares, but seven circumstances led to this.  First, I broke my leg and spent a month-and-a-half in a narcotic haze and fell behind in my post count.  Second, Joe Swaykos went back to school, which dropped the post count here considerably, and reduced the controversy level considerably, which left less to which to post responses.  Third, subsequently, or perhaps consequently, a lot of users drifted away, which dropped the post count further.  Fourth, I got moved out of my cubicle at work and into a bullpen, which made it harder to sneak posts in without my supervisor noticing my slacking.  Fifth, two years ago, I got the big promotion...well, moderate-size promotion, anyway. Sixth, Redfish drifted away, which meant one less frequent poster to debate with.  Finally, COVID-19 hit and I was working my ass off and not riding the vanpool, and that really set me back.  Entire weeks went by without me even saying, "Morning, muchachos." Strange how things happen.

Lessee...was it 2012 I started hanging with you guys, over on CI?  Seems like it.  Been a long strange trip since then.

Just a little postwhoring.  Might as well get started on the next thousand.  It could take a coupla years.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2020, 06:31:16 PM »

"Administration officials have attempted to discredit Fauci in recent days, suggesting that he was frequently incorrect in the early days of the virus.

However, during an event at the White House later on Monday, the president said he has a "very good relationship with Fauci."

"I find him to be a very nice person," the president said, though he acknowledged "I don't always agree with him." A May poll by CBS News revealed 62% of Americans trust Fauci for coronavirus information, compared to 38% for Mr. Trump."

So glad we get our politics shaping information from Chuck Woolery, Hannity, Breitbart and such, why should we trust doctors and the CDC.  My main question is how is it possible that trump even gets 38% trusting what he says over a seasoned doctor?
And you wonder why our page counts are low. Save the commie crap for facebook.
I thought we loved controversy?
Well, we do.  But some people only like engaging in controversy with people they agree with.  ;-)
I don't come here for controversy.  I can get that anywhere.  Unless it involves Dean, and that has been in short supply.
You're just cranky because you didn't get all greens today....that and you're old!
Then there are those people who just like to aggravate Mark ThreeBean.
Yea, there's that... ;D

Short stack

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2020, 06:44:14 PM »

I'm a founding member, but my post count is a third or less of other founding members.  Not that anyone cares, but seven circumstances led to this.  First, I broke my leg and spent a month-and-a-half in a narcotic haze and fell behind in my post count.  Second, Joe Swaykos went back to school, which dropped the post count here considerably, and reduced the controversy level considerably, which left less to which to post responses.  Third, subsequently, or perhaps consequently, a lot of users drifted away, which dropped the post count further.  Fourth, I got moved out of my cubicle at work and into a bullpen, which made it harder to sneak posts in without my supervisor noticing my slacking.  Fifth, two years ago, I got the big promotion...well, moderate-size promotion, anyway. Sixth, Redfish drifted away, which meant one less frequent poster to debate with.  Finally, COVID-19 hit and I was working my ass off and not riding the vanpool, and that really set me back.  Entire weeks went by without me even saying, "Morning, muchachos." Strange how things happen.

Lessee...was it 2012 I started hanging with you guys, over on CI?  Seems like it.  Been a long strange trip since then.

Just a little postwhoring.  Might as well get started on the next thousand.  It could take a coupla years.
/my post count is low because when you reach my age your BS library is depleted

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2020, 06:51:05 PM »

This post could have easily went for 340

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »

Tony I hope you get one in for Pop's

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2020, 07:08:24 PM »

Tony I hope you get one in for Pop's
Here, here!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2020, 07:16:00 PM »

12K.
Congrats, Bret. Looking forward to the next 12K.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2020, 07:28:16 PM »

12K.
Congrats, Bret. Looking forward to the next 12K.
You might need a life if...

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2020, 07:30:08 PM »

This post could have easily went for 340
Yeah, I coulda milked this one.  i'm losing my touch.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2020, 07:35:07 PM »

Sheesh, I gotta get 4 posts in per weekday to get to 13K a year from today.  I need to step it up.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2020, 07:45:35 PM »

Better bank a few posts. 

I just bought this.  It's a reproduction of the Remington 1911's made during WWI.  This was a limited-run commemorative issued by Remington in 2014, but the gun was actually built and finished by Turnbull Restorations, who currently are restoring my 1943 Colt 1911. I needed something to tide me over for the 8-11 months restoration of the '43 will take.  This was for sale in Portland.  ;-)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2020, 08:18:45 PM »

I needed this!
Enjoy, David. I'm hoping to set fire to something soon in honor of my old man. It's been 6 years since he passed. That went by real quick.
10 years for me. Keep the memory alive.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2020, 08:44:01 PM »

12K.
Congrats, even if tony won't change your stars.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6