Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2020, 10:59:40 AM »

I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.

However, it helps the post count when we are not given a quote of the day to make fun of.
They stopped putting them on the "Today in History AP" after they put one up from Jefferson Davis the week of Juneteenth.  I'm too lazy to look up appropriate quotes each day.  Maybe on special occasions.

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »

Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
There IS a popular opinion?
I have been accused of censorship. I let people believe what they want. Between you and me, I have no time to police the site.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/10/2020
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »

Good morning, ClemsonDave, Rick, and OYDave.
it is full of flavor and it’s a two part smoke for me. Had my first half with coffee. Now breakfast and more coffee, then 2nd half with ice water. A full and active morning. 😂

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2020, 11:01:13 AM »

How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
I used to enjoy the never ending Lot 23 but I cannot specifically recall the connie. I think it's worth a try. Perdomo stuff is generally impeccably constructed.
I got some recently, I think from the Page. They are a quality smoke, one you should add to your rotation.

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2020, 11:01:20 AM »

How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
Haven't had one in a number of years, but remember them as being not memorable.  I tend to like a little spice or pepper in my connie.

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »

[...]

Uh oh.....here come the Russian Bots....
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/10/2020
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »

[...]

thats why I stick with infowars.com 🤪

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2020, 11:04:11 AM »

I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.

However, it helps the post count when we are not given a quote of the day to make fun of.
They stopped putting them on the "Today in History AP" after they put one up from Jefferson Davis the week of Juneteenth.  I'm too lazy to look up appropriate quotes each day.  Maybe on special occasions.
TWSS

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2020, 11:04:33 AM »

How are those Perdomo lot 23 Connecticut's? One cigar I have not had and I'm a huge Connecticut game for morning cigar with coffee.
I used to enjoy the never ending Lot 23 but I cannot specifically recall the connie. I think it's worth a try. Perdomo stuff is generally impeccably constructed.
I got some recently, I think from the Page. They are a quality smoke, one you should add to your rotation.
Well, "Lot 23" is never ending.  Plant crop year after year in the same lot.  It's not like they called it "1999" or "2004 Lot 23"

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2020, 11:05:09 AM »

[...]

BBC or Comedy Central for me!

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2020, 11:12:33 AM »

Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
I will stop with the politics, out of respect for you. Except for my thank god/WTF post on 11/4/2020. :D

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2020, 11:29:43 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

Any cigars on the agenda for this weekend?
Not looking good. Tomorrow is go-live day. Looking to be a long, ugly day.

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2020, 11:30:48 AM »

Oof. My old boss is sending me FoxNews clips. He's an expat and this is where he's still getting his information?  I guess they're very conservative in the Philippines and that's what's available. I'm fine with different points of view but one more clip of Tucker Carlson saying something stupid is going to drive me up a wall.
You'd be advised to pay attention to Tucker Carlson.  He tells it like it is, depressing as it seems.
I cannot and will not watch CNN. Fox news is better but I try not to not put my political views on here.
I try to find news that isn't editorialized but that is not an easy task. I believe both extremes are ridiculous.

Also agree in keeping politics out of here but at the same time I'm not going to censor the posts, despite popular opinion.
Sheesh. What the hell else would we talk about? Cigars?

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2020, 11:31:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.

Any cigars on the agenda for this weekend?
Not looking good. Tomorrow is go-live day. Looking to be a long, ugly day.
I am in the 80th minute of a 20-minute meeting. So what I'm saying is, I hear you.

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2020, 11:34:19 AM »

[...]

There is no use in it anyway; impossible for either side to convince the other to look at things from a different perspective.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7