CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 5/15/2020  (Read 3782 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 5/15/2020
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »

.... and I lost the 3 cigars I had with me. 😡
D'oh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »

How come Figment can get a Dr. appt. before I can see a doctor or dentist?
Because his visit is completely out of pocket and doesn't involve the insurance companies. That's my guess.
Nope...got doggie insurance,  but its handled differently than human insurance.
I' might be wrong, but I don't know that there's been any evidence that this can be spread via animals. I'm sure that's the reason.
I thought dogs and cats have contracted COVID-19. I could be wrong.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »

Because his visit is completely out of pocket and doesn't involve the insurance companies. That's my guess.
Nope...got doggie insurance,  but its handled differently than human insurance.
I' might be wrong, but I don't know that there's been any evidence that this can be spread via animals. I'm sure that's the reason.
I thought dogs and cats have contracted COVID-19. I could be wrong.
They can catch it, and apparently, transfer it to other animals, based on something else I just read. The question is can they transmit it to humans? Seems like the answer is not likely, at least at this point in the research.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2020, 10:52:19 AM »

In other Rona-related news, outdoor dining opens up here today.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »

here are the results of opening up here 4 days ago.

Threebean

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 11:07:22 AM »

A four day timeline is not significant.  Need three weeks for a detrimental effect to become known, and even that is a big maybe with the vaguery of testing and data compilation.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2020, 11:13:25 AM »

A four day timeline is not significant.  Need three weeks for a detrimental effect to become known, and even that is a big maybe with the vaguery of testing and data compilation.
Especially since this can be dormant for up to 2 weeks before symptoms begin. But it should be fairly obvious that cases will increase as more people venture out. That's like predicting that if it's raining, more people will get wet if they leave the house.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2020, 11:15:50 AM »

how 'bout since March 30th to present?

Threebean

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2020, 11:25:30 AM »

OK, but what's your point?  More cases now vs March 30th?  Isn't that true just about everywhere?  What am I missing here?

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2020, 11:32:11 AM »

Because dogs have more freedom than people under the pandemic laws rules guidelines edicts.
Good thing, too. Because dogs are happy with their dog food, they're not going to have armed protests because they can't go to Applebees.
I just got out of quest diagnostics for routine blood work and antibody test. 2.5 hours and I almost got in a scuffle. I had to tell a guy he's too close and they are only 10 people allowed in waiting room. That's when he started dropping F bombs and told me to mind my own business. I said you are my business and to go outside like the rest of the other people.
I'm going shopping, bank, and get dog food.. Have a good day. See you all later.

Threebean

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2020, 11:37:02 AM »

Because dogs have more freedom than people under the pandemic laws rules guidelines edicts.
Good thing, too. Because dogs are happy with their dog food, they're not going to have armed protests because they can't go to Applebees.
I just got out of quest diagnostics for routine blood work and antibody test. 2.5 hours and I almost got in a scuffle. I had to tell a guy he's too close and they are only 10 people allowed in waiting room. That's when he started dropping F bombs and told me to mind my own business. I said you are my business and to go outside like the rest of the other people.
I'm going shopping, bank, and get dog food.. Have a good day. See you all later.
Guess he is missing Applebees, too.  What a douche.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2020, 11:42:55 AM »

Guess he is missing Applebees, too.  What a douche.
LALTS

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2020, 11:53:43 AM »

What we'll be looking for is how the trends change once states open back up. But we'll need a couple weeks worth of data to get a complete picture of what re-opening has done as far as cases go.

Threebean

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2020, 12:04:38 PM »

What we'll be looking for is how the trends change once states open back up. But we'll need a couple weeks worth of data to get a complete picture of what re-opening has done as far as cases go.
You're assuming the testing protocols have been constant for the duration, which they have not.  The trend data is flawed. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2020, 12:49:17 PM »

You're assuming the testing protocols have been constant for the duration, which they have not.  The trend data is flawed.
Well, you're right about that. If we'd had the testing available since the start, we'd have a more accurate picture of actual cases, since it's obviously much higher than we're currently able to identify.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6