Morning, all.
Good mornin Joe

Morning, Shaun.  Had an EPC New Wave Reserva last night, definitely gets two thumbs up from me.  Loved it.  Obviously reminded me of the Short Run 2012 but it was heavier on the pepper.  Much richer, too.  And still mild strength, which was nice.  I know Dave had one yesterday, too, perhaps he can chime in.
That pretty much captures what I thought.  What stood out to me was the greater amount of pepper/spice (but never overwhelming) rich nuts and creaminess.  Solid oak/cedar foundation.
Thanks for the reviews guys - I need to get 5-10 of each it sounds like
Get a box....$122 for 24 toro with VIP.

Morning, all.
Good mornin Joe

Morning, Shaun.  Had an EPC New Wave Reserva last night, definitely gets two thumbs up from me.  Loved it.  Obviously reminded me of the Short Run 2012 but it was heavier on the pepper.  Much richer, too.  And still mild strength, which was nice.  I know Dave had one yesterday, too, perhaps he can chime in.
That pretty much captures what I thought.  What stood out to me was the greater amount of pepper/spice (but never overwhelming) rich nuts and creaminess.  Solid oak/cedar foundation.
Thanks for the reviews guys - I need to get 5-10 of each it sounds like
Get a box....$122 for 24 toro with VIP.
You enablin?  Anyone wanna do a split?
Logged

jswaykos

I had an Oval Connie after the EPC and it didn't stand up to it at all.
Logged

jswaykos

Morning, all.
Good mornin Joe

Morning, Shaun.  Had an EPC New Wave Reserva last night, definitely gets two thumbs up from me.  Loved it.  Obviously reminded me of the Short Run 2012 but it was heavier on the pepper.  Much richer, too.  And still mild strength, which was nice.  I know Dave had one yesterday, too, perhaps he can chime in.
That pretty much captures what I thought.  What stood out to me was the greater amount of pepper/spice (but never overwhelming) rich nuts and creaminess.  Solid oak/cedar foundation.
Thanks for the reviews guys - I need to get 5-10 of each it sounds like
Get a box....$122 for 24 toro with VIP.
You enablin?  Anyone wanna do a split?

Ha, I just split a box of the robustos with Dan.  But I'd consider another half box.  They were that good.  Really only interested in the robusto, though.

Morning, all.
Good mornin Joe

Morning, Shaun.  Had an EPC New Wave Reserva last night, definitely gets two thumbs up from me.  Loved it.  Obviously reminded me of the Short Run 2012 but it was heavier on the pepper.  Much richer, too.  And still mild strength, which was nice.  I know Dave had one yesterday, too, perhaps he can chime in.
That pretty much captures what I thought.  What stood out to me was the greater amount of pepper/spice (but never overwhelming) rich nuts and creaminess.  Solid oak/cedar foundation.
Thanks for the reviews guys - I need to get 5-10 of each it sounds like
Get a box....$122 for 24 toro with VIP.
You enablin?  Anyone wanna do a split?
I already got a box, but get back to me later if you don't find anyone else to share with.

Morning, all.
Good mornin Joe

Morning, Shaun.  Had an EPC New Wave Reserva last night, definitely gets two thumbs up from me.  Loved it.  Obviously reminded me of the Short Run 2012 but it was heavier on the pepper.  Much richer, too.  And still mild strength, which was nice.  I know Dave had one yesterday, too, perhaps he can chime in.
That pretty much captures what I thought.  What stood out to me was the greater amount of pepper/spice (but never overwhelming) rich nuts and creaminess.  Solid oak/cedar foundation.
Thanks for the reviews guys - I need to get 5-10 of each it sounds like
Get a box....$122 for 24 toro with VIP.
You enablin?  Anyone wanna do a split?

Ha, I just split a box of the robustos with Dan.  But I'd consider another half box.  They were that good.  Really only interested in the robusto, though.
I still need to get some La Historias too...FML!
[...]

I still need to try the other two new EPCs that Dave gave me.

[...]

I feel like there were a lot of new cigars in 2013/14 - I honestly wonder if it has anything to do with the big tobacco legislation.  They just talked about changing the date from 2007 to 2014 new blends that would require all of the testing and documentation of ingredients - which would make me think that people are trying to get out products that were announced, or declared before the big legislation hits.  Not sure tho, either way they are still successfully targeting my pocketbook :)
[...]

All I know is that tobacco is not an industry I'd like to work in. I also thought 2013 was a slow year for new releases, after a big 2012. So maybe 2014 just feels busy in comparison?

[...]

That is very true...2013 seemed very boring, at least for the brands I seem to pay a lot of attention to.

So Mr. Mayor....you decide on rum or tequila for the evening?  I brought both so you don't have to decide now.  At least if I don't get too thirsty during lunch....tempting today.
I'm bringing a bottle of tequila.  Excited about it too.

So Mr. Mayor....you decide on rum or tequila for the evening?  I brought both so you don't have to decide now.  At least if I don't get too thirsty during lunch....tempting today.
I'm bringing a bottle of tequila.  Excited about it too.
You guys trying to make each others clothes fall off?

So Mr. Mayor....you decide on rum or tequila for the evening?  I brought both so you don't have to decide now.  At least if I don't get too thirsty during lunch....tempting today.
I'm bringing a bottle of tequila.  Excited about it too.
You guys trying to make each others clothes fall off?
I've been going through a bit of a dry spell myself....

So Mr. Mayor....you decide on rum or tequila for the evening?  I brought both so you don't have to decide now.  At least if I don't get too thirsty during lunch....tempting today.
I'm bringing a bottle of tequila.  Excited about it too.
You guys trying to make each others clothes fall off?
Hey, I call "No-Homo" but let's just see where things go
Logged

jswaykos

Ballast Point email...

'Tis the Victory at Season
There's no better way to get into the holiday spirit than with our favorite event of the year. The 3rd Annual Victory at Sea Day will return on Sunday, December 21! We've got a great lineup of specialty versions of Victory at Sea plus some other fun stuff planned for the day.

Here are the details:

    Sunday, December 21 at all four of our tasting room locations
    Tickets for sale at the door: $25, includes a limited edition Victory at Sea goblet and a wristband for five 4oz specialty Victory at Sea pours. Goblets are limited - come early!
    Individual tasters of Victory at Sea varieties for sale
    Limited edition Victory at Sea 2014 hoodies for sale
    Special Victory at Sea menus at Miramar and Little Italy

We'll publish the tap list as we get closer to the event, so stay tuned to our website and Facebook pages for updates.

In the meantime, you can warm up your Victory at Sea appetite by picking up a 22oz bottle or 6pack (yes, they are now available in 6packs) in our tasting rooms or your local store.

Cheers!