CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: 10/13/2014  (Read 38478 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 10/13/2014
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 06:43:27 AM »

Guess I am the only lucky dog with a Holiday today.
Even my kids have school. Though, they also get the whole week off at Thanksgiving this year for some reason.
Fall break down here, never heard of it before but most schools have been shut down since Thursday.
Teachers Union Break is more like it.

sfish

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 06:58:06 AM »

Even my kids have school. Though, they also get the whole week off at Thanksgiving this year for some reason.
No school for my kids today which is nice, no homework

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 06:58:11 AM »

Fall break down here, never heard of it before but most schools have been shut down since Thursday.
Teachers Union Break is more like it.
It's no wonder the Chinese own us!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 07:01:41 AM »

Yeah they have 4 hours of homework a day now to make up for the 4 hours of school time they wasted learning about social principles most of their parents don't believe in.

sfish

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 07:05:12 AM »

Good morning Dave and Scott.
Oh and good morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Dave

sfish

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 07:11:53 AM »

Yeah they have 4 hours of homework a day now to make up for the 4 hours of school time they wasted learning about social principles most of their parents don't believe in.
Well that's a bit of a negative spin from a guy with the day off  :D

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2014, 07:15:13 AM »

Just a bit of fact not spin!  ;D.  Sounds like a hint of Holiday Jealousy! :)

sfish

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2014, 07:23:04 AM »

Absolutely, I'd love to be off today. The problem is that there are no holidays off without the kids around so it's not exactly a break. I used to get Columbus Day off at my old job but the rest of the industry worked so you just fell a day behind

sfish

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 07:25:19 AM »

Well the good news is that there are plenty of Torano's left if anyone needs them, Perdomo Lot 23 up next followed by AB Tempus Maduro

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 07:25:58 AM »

Absolutely, I'd love to be off today. The problem is that there are no holidays off without the kids around so it's not exactly a break. I used to get Columbus Day off at my old job but the rest of the industry worked so you just fell a day behind
A parents holiday, I like that idea. You've got my vote.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 07:26:22 AM »

Well the good news is that there are plenty of Torano's left if anyone needs them, Perdomo Lot 23 up next followed by AB Tempus Maduro
Hope they don't skip the RB ashtray combo.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2014, 07:28:15 AM »

Honestly I don't know why anybody including myself gets it, I would much rather get the Friday after Thanksgiving instead.  My wife works for a Foreign company and we get the major holidays the same but not most of the others.  She gets Christmas Eve, Day and the Day After Christmas which I would much rather get than many of mine.

sfish

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2014, 07:30:46 AM »

Hope they don't skip the RB ashtray combo.
Who couldn't use a wooden ashtray?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:57 AM »

Honestly I don't know why anybody including myself gets it, I would much rather get the Friday after Thanksgiving instead.  My wife works for a Foreign company and we get the major holidays the same but not most of the others.  She gets Christmas Eve, Day and the Day After Christmas which I would much rather get than many of mine.
Especially considering what a bad person Columbus was. Apologies in advance to the Italians in the room.

sfish

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2014, 07:36:35 AM »

Especially considering what a bad person Columbus was. Apologies in advance to the Italians in the room.
I think we only have one Italian in the house and the only way you could hurt him would be to take his lunch money
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22