CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: 5/31/2018  (Read 9880 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 5/31/2018
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »

Came across this also from StogieGuys for you Diesel fans...

1) On Monday, General Cigar announced a partnership between A.J. Fernandez, the Diesel cigar brand, and Rabbit Hole Bourbon. Those entities have teamed up to create Whiskey Row, a new cigar line featuring bourbon barrel-aged binder leaves from a “proprietary process” developed by Fernandez. This concept was “brought to life in 2016 when Rabbit Hole Bourbon barrels arrived at Tabalacera A.J. Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua,” reads a press release. “A.J. placed the Mexican San Andrés binder in the bourbon barrels in a special configuration. The tobacco was left to rest inside the barrels, and the amount of air inside was controlled at regular intervals to ensure the bourbon flavors were imparted evenly.” In addition to this binder, Diesel Whiskey Row includes an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper aged for five years and Nicaraguan filler tobaccos aged for five to eight years. The blend, scheduled to launch next month, will be offered in four sizes, each packaged in 25-count boxes: Robusto (5.5 x 52, $7.49), Toro (6 x 54, $7.99), Churchill (7 x 49, $8.49), and Gigante (6 x 60, $8.99).
Bourbon and tobacco go so well together, let's combine them!

What an original and innovative marketing scheme.
Well, unless you think that one should be drunk and one should be smoked.   Hi Raz!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »

Thought I would interrupt with a nice cigar related article from StogieGuys....

Four Kicks: As hard as it might be to believe, it’s been seven years since Crowned Heads’ initial offering launched. One of the most anticipated cigars at the time, Four Kicks was a big success. We reviewed the Corona Gorda twice and rated it highly both times. Since then, Nashville-based Crowned Heads has continued to produce excellent smokes, including several limited releases. Going for those newer smokes might lead some to overlook the cigar that started it all. Not me. I’ve been working my way through a box of the Corona Gordas over the past couple months, and I’ve enjoyed each and every one. Coming out of Ernesto Perez-Carrillo’s shop, Four Kicks is a medium-strength smoke with a blend of spices and sweetness that amps up and down as you progress along the 5.6-inch frame. Each one I’ve smoked performed almost flawlessly: The burn was even, the smoke thick and rich, and the draw smooth.

If there’s one thing of which these three cigars have convinced me, it’s that a look to the past can provide a great addition to the present.

–George E
had a Four Kicks Corona Gorda Sunday evening.  and yes, they are spot on,  still my favorite Crowned Heads blend.
Agreed.  You should try the Four Kicks Maduro when you have a chance.  Very solid!
Nice!  thanks, I will.  seen them, but never tried one.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »

nice doctor. is changing my meds, going back to some of the stuff I was on in NY, just waiting on insurance approval and out of pocket costs. I got 12 cortizone injections, 3 in each wrist and ankle, and had to do more lab work. any of you familiar with Remicade?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »

Hoping to get a cigar in today too. Let's just hope the weather cooperates.
Yes, we will have weather today it is cooperating, and this evening
impending darkness.  Good day to you all!
'large boulders falling from the sky and huge cracks appearing on the Earth's surface.  this and more at 5!"  loved that album!
Pretty accurate if you're talking Hawaii..... :-\
Yes, had that album memorized from start to finish.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »

ENBREL 50MG/ML INJ (4 SYRINGE)

2851982-5338
3.92   $6690.09
Total: $6690.09

monthly

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »

nice doctor. is changing my meds, going back to some of the stuff I was on in NY, just waiting on insurance approval and out of pocket costs. I got 12 cortizone injections, 3 in each wrist and ankle, and had to do more lab work. any of you familiar with Remicade?
Used to work for the company that made it.  Very familiar, surprised you had not tried it to date.  Very effective for many, of course potential side effects that hopefully you won't have.  Will also take care of your Crohn's disease and plaque psoriasis!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »

ENBREL 50MG/ML INJ (4 SYRINGE)

2851982-5338
3.92   $6690.09
Total: $6690.09

monthly
You're worth it!
Have you playing like Phil Mickelson in no time (although he shills for a competitive product)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »

Came across this also from StogieGuys for you Diesel fans...

1) On Monday, General Cigar announced a partnership between A.J. Fernandez, the Diesel cigar brand, and Rabbit Hole Bourbon. Those entities have teamed up to create Whiskey Row, a new cigar line featuring bourbon barrel-aged binder leaves from a “proprietary process” developed by Fernandez. This concept was “brought to life in 2016 when Rabbit Hole Bourbon barrels arrived at Tabalacera A.J. Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua,” reads a press release. “A.J. placed the Mexican San Andrés binder in the bourbon barrels in a special configuration. The tobacco was left to rest inside the barrels, and the amount of air inside was controlled at regular intervals to ensure the bourbon flavors were imparted evenly.” In addition to this binder, Diesel Whiskey Row includes an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper aged for five years and Nicaraguan filler tobaccos aged for five to eight years. The blend, scheduled to launch next month, will be offered in four sizes, each packaged in 25-count boxes: Robusto (5.5 x 52, $7.49), Toro (6 x 54, $7.99), Churchill (7 x 49, $8.49), and Gigante (6 x 60, $8.99).
Bourbon and tobacco go so well together, let's combine them!

What an original and innovative marketing scheme.
Well, unless you think that one should be drunk and one should be smoked.   Hi Raz!
Zactly. Nice to see you, Sam.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2018, 12:49:34 PM »

since my last post I had to call the sheriff. officer just left. look closely at the photo. two arrows in by back lawn, 10' & 20' from my hot tub.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »

'large boulders falling from the sky and huge cracks appearing on the Earth's surface.  this and more at 5!"  loved that album!
what album?

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2018, 12:51:55 PM »

since my last post I had to call the sheriff. officer just left. look closely at the photo. two arrows in by back lawn, 10' & 20' from my hot tub.
maybe you need to put the hot tub, in a gazebo for both safety & privacy....

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »

neighbor 2 houses down watching her nephews, 9 & 10. sheriff gave them a lecture. all is good, no damage done.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »

what album?
FM & AM George Carlin.  That and Class Clown were the best.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2018, 01:09:08 PM »

neighbor 2 houses down watching her nephews, 9 & 10. sheriff gave them a lecture. all is good, no damage done.
So what, here kid, take these bows and arrows and have at it?
Hope you kept the arrows.

Guess we should be happy she didn't have a couple of Glocks lying around.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2018, 01:09:43 PM »

Figured you were at least familiar with it  referencing the Hippy Dippy weatherman.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9