CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: 4/4/2018  (Read 10121 times)

Threebean

Re: 4/4/2018
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2018, 02:17:00 PM »

Thought for Today: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The true neighbor will risk his position, his prestige and even his life for the welfare of others." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968).
I wish someone would put this on a banner behind a plane and fly it around DC for a couple of days.
Problem is, now there are a lot of people thinking it's the government's job to make sure people do it, which leads to all kinds of obscenities.
Yep. When Christ said "love thy neighbor" he did not add "or try to have your government do it for you".
......and:
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye” (Matthew 7:1-5).
Who says the Bible shouldn't be taken literally?
Not those of us with planks of wood sticking out of our eyes. That's for sure.
Let me see here...Jesus was a carpenter, and we all now have planks of wood in our eyes.  another sheep/shepherd analogy gone bad?
Planking is so 5 years ago.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2018, 02:20:16 PM »

Greetings from Atlantic
Fratello 10% off plus shot glass, ashtray and two event cigars.
Room 101 HN 305's (robusto)  25/$64.95
CAO 50% off plus 5 cigar special
Free biggest giveaway in the industry!  10 cigar sampler with spend of $150 or more.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2018, 02:21:10 PM »

Thought for Today: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. The true neighbor will risk his position, his prestige and even his life for the welfare of others." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968).
I wish someone would put this on a banner behind a plane and fly it around DC for a couple of days.
Problem is, now there are a lot of people thinking it's the government's job to make sure people do it, which leads to all kinds of obscenities.
Yep. When Christ said "love thy neighbor" he did not add "or try to have your government do it for you".
......and:
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye” (Matthew 7:1-5).
Let me see here...Jesus was a carpenter, and we all now have planks of wood in our eyes.  another sheep/shepherd analogy gone bad?
OK, so update it to shiplapping.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »

......and:
Or crown moulding.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »

Hazzuh, ya bunch of Bob the Builders.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2018, 02:32:02 PM »

......and:
Then you'd gave to call Chip & Johanna Gaines from Fixer Upper...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »

Later Dave.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2018, 02:32:31 PM »

Hazzuh, ya bunch of Bob the Builders.
Bye Dave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2018, 02:33:18 PM »

......and:
Exactly.  And they're just up the street from Bean.

Threebean

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2018, 02:41:00 PM »

......and:
Yes, and you'll never guess what the warden added to our new house plans.  Not one, but two barn doors. FMTT. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2018, 02:43:12 PM »

......and:
Hahaha.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »

......and:
Yes, and you'll never guess what the warden added to our new house plans.  Not one, but two barn doors. FMTT.
LOL, lucky you.  I grew up on a farm, still can't understand why anyone would want that type of door in their house...  Johanna is kinda hot though...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »

......and:
Knew it!

Threebean

« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2018, 03:21:45 PM »

......and:
LOL, lucky you.  I grew up on a farm, still can't understand why anyone would want that type of door in their house...  Johanna is kinda hot though...
Hopefully when the cost of that "upgrade" is known I can value engineer them out.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2018, 03:37:05 PM »

......and:
Hopefully when the cost of that "upgrade" is known I can value engineer them out.
Yea, sure, wishful thinking.
Remember it took you building an entire new house to avoid the crown molding.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10