CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: 9/30/2014  (Read 52930 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/30/2014
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 07:18:04 AM »

Selected for the criminal Jury yesterday.  Was up there till 6:30 yesterday evening fooling with that.  Trial should be finished by Friday afternoon which means I will spend my day off Friday in a damn courtroom.
Do you at least get paid?
Down here it's like 16.00 per day, it hurts those of us who don't get paid by work when you miss for Jury Duty.
Oh yeah it is a screw job if you are not paid.  Hell the jury pay at best covers the lunch you got to get around the courthouse.
That sucks. Even locally here in our city, I think it's $20. But I also get paid for it at work, so that makes it not too shabby. Though, the only time I've been called, I didn't ever have to report.
I don't know but would guess the City of Austin probably pays more than the District Courts. They pay their employees about double what counties and the state pays.  Town where I live does not have but about 3 or 4 jury trials a year have no idea if they even pay, just a corrupt kangaroo court that mostly collects traffic fines for the corrupt police police department.
I know you want to wrap things up Dave, but remember this isn't a hangin' offense.
Definitely not that but could carry some significant jail time so a fair and accurate decision is important.  We really don't know too much about the deal at all just what the charges are and what little could be interpreted from the questions.  Really a small case in a big City with 0 news coverage of it.  Judge has already given both sides a time constraint to be completed and to the Jury by around lunch Friday.
Sounds like he has plans for the weekend.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 07:19:11 AM »

Selected for the criminal Jury yesterday.  Was up there till 6:30 yesterday evening fooling with that.  Trial should be finished by Friday afternoon which means I will spend my day off Friday in a damn courtroom.
Down here it's like 16.00 per day, it hurts those of us who don't get paid by work when you miss for Jury Duty.
Oh yeah it is a screw job if you are not paid.  Hell the jury pay at best covers the lunch you got to get around the courthouse.
That sucks. Even locally here in our city, I think it's $20. But I also get paid for it at work, so that makes it not too shabby. Though, the only time I've been called, I didn't ever have to report.
I don't know but would guess the City of Austin probably pays more than the District Courts. They pay their employees about double what counties and the state pays.  Town where I live does not have but about 3 or 4 jury trials a year have no idea if they even pay, just a corrupt kangaroo court that mostly collects traffic fines for the corrupt police police department.
I know you want to wrap things up Dave, but remember this isn't a hangin' offense.
Would otherwise be stuck in the damn office other than Friday when I would be off.  Back on the road again starting next Thursday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 07:21:12 AM »

Where is yellowstar this morning.  Isn't he supposed to buy us donuts with the big win?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 07:23:00 AM »

Definitely not that but could carry some significant jail time so a fair and accurate decision is important.  We really don't know too much about the deal at all just what the charges are and what little could be interpreted from the questions.  Really a small case in a big City with 0 news coverage of it.  Judge has already given both sides a time constraint to be completed and to the Jury by around lunch Friday.
Sounds like he has plans for the weekend.
It is a She and seems very nice and reasonable.  They would never hold proceedings on a weekend for a small time deal like this they just put limits on things to keep the courts moving and try to be able to get good Jurors.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 07:23:50 AM »

Oakland fires another coach.  If ever there was a franchise in disarray...
Maybe, just maybe, there's a new 'most dysfunctional team in the league', taking the title from the Browns. Ok, maybe not.

dwgbryant

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2014, 07:33:54 AM »

Where is yellowstar this morning.  Isn't he supposed to buy us donuts with the big win?
he may be in Europe yelling at the Ryder Cup members for the lesson they gave USA.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »

Guess I better get ready to head out for the days activities.

dwgbryant

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2014, 07:40:15 AM »

Guess I better get ready to head out for the days activities.
I hate to say this but, "it sucks to be you". HANG THEM ALL !!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2014, 07:51:49 AM »

Welcome to the jungle gents!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2014, 07:52:13 AM »

Ohh Pumpkins...thanks Tony!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:12 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2014, 07:56:00 AM »

Congrats to Shaun for winning $25 in his office pool and having to treat for donuts
I honestly don't know how much I even won...I know I got $105ish for the Week 1-4 cumulative and I am guessing between $50-75 for the weekly winner.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2014, 07:59:06 AM »

Very festive.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2014, 07:59:26 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »

Very festive.
Can we call you 3-pump Shaun now?
My go to is '2Pumps and a Quiver'...but for you guys, we can work something out(in 3-pumps or less)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22