« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2018, 10:33:40 AM »

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2018, 10:37:39 AM »

In addition to International Womens Day, we have the following to celebrate:

NATIONAL OREGON DAY  (wonder if that pisses off Washingtonians )
 NATIONAL PEANUT CLUSTER DAY (wonder if that's related to #1)
Washingtonians couldn't care less if there's a national Oregon day, as long as Oregonians stay south of the Columbia river.

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:28 AM »

Here's another thing to agree on - meetings suck. BBL
Speaking of meetings, this one involved letting us know we'll be moving to our other campus later this year. Naturally, this will increase my commute and make getting on the highway after work more difficult. Huzzah!

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »

Good morning SCTex, Dave, and Scott.
Morning Tony, Scott. How bad did you guys get snowed in?
We got about 10" but the timing was bad. No school for kids today, they didn't re-plow my street until about 5:30 this morning and I had to shovel the dreaded end of the driveway before I could leave for work
That's always the worst part.
Just to understand, wouldn't you want them to plow the street before you clean your driveway?  Otherwise you'd have that plow mound at the apron to get back out and redo.
Doesn't work that way.  First off, if you waited for the plow to come through, you'd be out at 2 in the morning shoveling or SOL when it all freezes up like with Tony.  Second, regardless of whether it's shoveled or not, they seem to make a point of mounding up in front of driveways.
I'm with Mark, I want the street plowed first so that after I shovel the drive, I don't have to do the apron again later.
I called the township and asked if they could do that for me, you can't imagine the response I got.
In a NJ township, I absolutely can imagine. Lol
Last year the plow went down my street too fast, snapped my mailbox off. Called the town..."oh, sorry"
Leave it out front of the municipal building, see how fast you get action.
Mind you, he didn't hit it with his plow, he was going fast and forced that much snow into it to snap a 4x4 post in half
Lot of people here have that problem, so around October, you'll see all the boards go into the ground that block the mailboxes from the street. Mine is a mail slot into the house, so no worries on my end.
Or if THAT gets hit, you have bigger problems!

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2018, 10:54:22 AM »

Knew I couldn't trust Best Buy...sneaky buggers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/best-buy-geek-squad-searches-customer-computers-for-the-fbi/
Got something to hide, there, Dave?
Nah, If they wanted to peruse my files and downloads, I would probably bore them to tears.

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2018, 10:55:05 AM »

Here's another thing to agree on - meetings suck. BBL
Speaking of meetings, this one involved letting us know we'll be moving to our other campus later this year. Naturally, this will increase my commute and make getting on the highway after work more difficult. Huzzah!
Does it include another raise and promotion?

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »

Knew I couldn't trust Best Buy...sneaky buggers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/best-buy-geek-squad-searches-customer-computers-for-the-fbi/
Got something to hide, there, Dave?
Nah, If they wanted to peruse my files and downloads, I would probably bore them to tears.
Until they come across your avi folder.  They'll take another day or two to examine those. You know, to be sure nothing's corrupted.

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2018, 11:07:27 AM »

Here's another thing to agree on - meetings suck. BBL
Speaking of meetings, this one involved letting us know we'll be moving to our other campus later this year. Naturally, this will increase my commute and make getting on the highway after work more difficult. Huzzah!
Does it include another raise and promotion?
Lol, unfortunately not.

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.
I'm still not convinced.

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.
I'm still not convinced.
I am.  Dean's women never run low on fluids.

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2018, 11:32:35 AM »

And a more recent one: customer comes in complaining of a heavy clunking when stopping and the same clunk when moving from a stop.

There was a bowling ball in the trunk.
__________
I replaced the clutch in a car for a woman then returned her car. By the time I got back to the workshop there was a message waiting for me that she couldn’t get the car into gear. (This was before mobile phones). I was driven back to her house where she was stood waiting for me looking like she was ready to murder someone. I got in the car, started it up, foot on the clutch, into first and drove it round the block, up and down through every gear. She apologised and off we went back to the workshop once more only to get the same woman on the phone.

This time not just a little angry but screaming all kinds of curses at us. Back we went to her house and you guessed it, started the car put it in gear and drove round the block again. This time instead of leaving we told her to try before we left. She jumped in, started the car and crunched the gears hard and loud. It was at this point that the penny finally dropped. I am almost 6ft tall. This woman was about 4ft 5. She didnt move her seat forward so was only pressing the clutch pedal quarter of the way down. After explaining this to her I got an earfull of abuse from here saying that she didnt even know that her car seat COULD move so how was she supposed to adjust it. Oh, and she would be writing to the newspapers to tell everyone about the bad service she got from our garage.
__________
How can you tell if your wife is dead? – The sex is the same but the dishes start piling up.
__________
Since it started raining, all my wife has done is look sadly through the stupid window…

If it gets any worse, I’ll have to let her in.
__________
You can tell a lot about a woman from her ankles. – If they are on your shoulders, she probably likes you.
I think my wife's been dead for 20 years.

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »

Knew I couldn't trust Best Buy...sneaky buggers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/best-buy-geek-squad-searches-customer-computers-for-the-fbi/
Got something to hide, there, Dave?
Nah, If they wanted to peruse my files and downloads, I would probably bore them to tears.
Until they come across your avi folder.  They'll take another day or two to examine those. You know, to be sure nothing's corrupted.
Point(s) taken.

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.
I'm still not convinced.
I am.  Dean's women never run low on fluids.
He didn't say she was low, just that she put them all in the same hole.

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2018, 11:36:59 AM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.
I'm still not convinced.
I am.  Dean's women never run low on fluids.
He didn't say she was low, just that she put them all in the same hole.
All at once?  Ouch.  (TWSS).

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »

One lady had her car towed in because it was making weird noises. We checked a few basic things first, then started it to see what the noise sounded like and the exhaust system spit out a whole bunch of nasty sludge and smoke but wouldn’t actually run.

Turns out, she thought the opening to add gas was the opening to add everything. When she first started having problems, she dumped oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, and windshield washer fluid in there to “make sure it wasn’t running low on fluids.”

Happy Women's Day
I was 75% of the way through this before I realized it was a joke, and not something that happened to you last night. Morning, Dean.
I'm still not convinced.
I am.  Dean's women never run low on fluids.
He didn't say she was low, just that she put them all in the same hole.
True.  But if I pursue this joke any further it's going to take my mind to places I do NOT want it to wander.