CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 3/7/2018  (Read 5280 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/7/2018
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:22 AM »

a post and run here. lady's husband caught himself on fire last night, never called 911, crawled through the yard to the shower, called me. got him to the ER and they transferred him to the burn unit in Gainesville. isn't looking good for him. he may be a dumbass but doesn't deserve this. it's a HUGE fucking mess.

later.
When things settle down, I want to hear the long version of this story.
Probably take up a whole chapter in "Tales from Florida: The Dean Dawg Chroincles".
Were you thinking Groinicles when you typed that??
Beat me to it.
Either we think alike, know each other too well or both.  Either way, scary.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »

good morning all!
Good morning, Sam. Did you make it in to work today?
yes sir!  chained to my desk as usual. how's things up there?
As far as work goes, I'm chained to my couch today. Actually quite busy. With regard to weather, see my last post.
Awesome!  Couch work is good if you can find it!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »

a post and run here. lady's husband caught himself on fire last night, never called 911, crawled through the yard to the shower, called me. got him to the ER and they transferred him to the burn unit in Gainesville. isn't looking good for him. he may be a dumbass but doesn't deserve this. it's a HUGE fucking mess.

later.
When things settle down, I want to hear the long version of this story.
Probably take up a whole chapter in "Tales from Florida: The Dean Dawg Chroincles".
Were you thinking Groinicles when you typed that??
Beat me to it.
Either we think alike, know each other too well or both.  Either way, scary.
Nah, we just know Dean.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »

Forgot that the cleaning lady was coming today.....
She must have gotten a chill coming in from outside.....Bean would have been impressed.
Maintain eye contact, maintain eye contact.
I saw a movie once that started like that. Hope it ends just as well for you!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2018, 11:25:26 AM »

if you guys remember, the husband (ex) is a crippled wanna be biker, drives a little old Sportster with a trolley (training wheels). he has bad hips, knees, and heart, has fallen a few times in the past 3 years and in and out of hospitals and inpatient rehab. he gets around on the bike, uses a walker the doctors want him to throw away and use a cane. while we were at the monthly pot luck meeting, he set fire to an old $.99 flag. his pants are always covered in grease and oil because that's how 'real bikers' dress. using a jar of gasoline he somehow set himself on fire. he somehow tore his pants off. instead of calling 911 and yelling for his BIL across the street he crawled through the yard into the house, took a shower and called me several times before I saw the missed calls, about an hour or two went by. I got ahold of him, the lady drove over to check on him, took him to the ER who transferred him to the burn unit in Gainesville. his daughter is with him, she's his health care proxy. talking to her a bit ago it doesn't look good. the poor circulation in his right leg is going to make skin grafts almost impossible and ganggreen may set in and the leg may need to be amputated. because of his bad heart, they don't think he'll make it through surgery. I suggested transferring him to the VA hospital, they have a great burn unit in San Antonio Texas, regardless of the bad rap the VA has, they also have a long term nursing home. the lady and him have very limited finances and the med bills may cause them to lose the new house, let alone his life.
as I said, he's a dumbass but doesn't deserve this. it's going to be a rough ride for everyone.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2018, 11:27:25 AM »

She must have gotten a chill coming in from outside.....Bean would have been impressed.
Not too much contact. Those things can put your eyes out.
There are worse ways to hurt oneself.
My thinking as well.
Don't forget to tip her.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2018, 11:28:22 AM »

I saw a movie once that started like that. Hope it ends just as well for you!
LMFAO!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2018, 11:28:39 AM »

Not too much contact. Those things can put your eyes out.
There are worse ways to hurt oneself.
My thinking as well.
Don't forget to tip her.
After all, she "tipped" you.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2018, 11:32:17 AM »

if you guys remember, the husband (ex) is a crippled wanna be biker, drives a little old Sportster with a trolley (training wheels). he has bad hips, knees, and heart, has fallen a few times in the past 3 years and in and out of hospitals and inpatient rehab. he gets around on the bike, uses a walker the doctors want him to throw away and use a cane. while we were at the monthly pot luck meeting, he set fire to an old $.99 flag. his pants are always covered in grease and oil because that's how 'real bikers' dress. using a jar of gasoline he somehow set himself on fire. he somehow tore his pants off. instead of calling 911 and yelling for his BIL across the street he crawled through the yard into the house, took a shower and called me several times before I saw the missed calls, about an hour or two went by. I got ahold of him, the lady drove over to check on him, took him to the ER who transferred him to the burn unit in Gainesville. his daughter is with him, she's his health care proxy. talking to her a bit ago it doesn't look good. the poor circulation in his right leg is going to make skin grafts almost impossible and ganggreen may set in and the leg may need to be amputated. because of his bad heart, they don't think he'll make it through surgery. I suggested transferring him to the VA hospital, they have a great burn unit in San Antonio Texas, regardless of the bad rap the VA has, they also have a long term nursing home. the lady and him have very limited finances and the med bills may cause them to lose the new house, let alone his life.
as I said, he's a dumbass but doesn't deserve this. it's going to be a rough ride for everyone.
That's terrible. Is he conscious? I hope they're able to give him something for the pain.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2018, 11:32:47 AM »

That's a crazy situation, Dean. Truly a dumbass, but sorry to hear about that happening to just about anyone.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2018, 12:01:54 PM »

Sorry to hear this. One bad move, as the song says.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »

Lunch lull?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2018, 01:10:48 PM »

Lunch lull?
Indeed, just got back.
Still haven't gone. Which is ironic since I just need to walk over to the fridge.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2018, 01:27:45 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8