Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Ten years ago: The Pentagon charged Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (HAH'-leed shayk moh-HAH'-med) and five other detainees at Guantanamo Bay with murder and war crimes in connection with the Sept. 11 attacks. (Charges against one were later dropped; proceedings against the other five have stalled in part over allegations they were tortured.) Yahoo Inc. rejected Microsoft Corp.'s unsolicited takeover bid. Tom Lantos, a 14-term California congressman who was a forceful voice for human rights, died in Bethesda, Maryland, at age 80.

Five years ago: With a few words in Latin, Pope Benedict XVI did what no pope had done in more than half a millennium: announced his resignation. The bombshell came during a routine morning meeting of Vatican cardinals. (The 85-year-old pontiff was succeeded by Pope Francis.)

One year ago: A massive crowd energized in opposition to President Donald Trump and to a North Carolina law limiting LGBT rights streamed into the capital, Raleigh, for an annual civil rights march. Yale University announced it would change the name of a residential college honoring 19th-century alumnus and former U.S. Vice President John C. Calhoun, who was an ardent supporter of slavery. At the NAACP Image Awards, "Hidden Figures," the fact-based movie about the contributions of black female mathematicians to the U.S. space program, won the award for best movie.

Pretty cool joecigar deal.

Anybody try that Comfortably Numb stick?
Not a bad deal on the Laranjas by themselves
5 pack though. I would have liked a few more cents cheaper per stick and then make it a 10er.

Good morning Scott and Mark.

Morning Dean, Tony, Fishy and Mr. Bean.
Good morning, Dave. How are the festivities going?

Today's Birthdays: Actor Conrad Janis is 90. Fashion designer Mary Quant is 84. Actor Burt Reynolds is 82. Actress Tina Louise is 80. Bandleader Sergio Mendes is 77. Actor Philip Anglim is 66. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is 65. Actress Catherine Hickland is 62. Rock musician David Uosikkinen (aw-SIK'-ken-ihn) (The Hooters) is 62. Actress Carey Lowell is 57. Singer Sheryl Crow is 56. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is 54. Actress Jennifer Aniston is 49. Actor Damian Lewis is 47. Actress Marisa Petroro is 46. Singer D'Angelo is 44. Actor Brice Beckham is 42. Rock M-C/vocalist Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park) is 41. Singer-actress Brandy is 39. Country musician Jon Jones (The Eli Young Band) is 38. Actor Matthew Lawrence is 38. Rhythm-and-blues singer Kelly Rowland is 37. Actress Natalie Dormer is 36. Singer Aubrey O'Day is 34. Actress Q'orianka (kohr-ee-AHN'-kuh) Kilcher is 28. Actor Taylor Lautner is 26.

Thought for Today: "Respect for ourselves guides our morals; respect for others guides our manners." - Laurence Sterne, Irish-born English author (1713-1768).

Happy Birthday Tina Louise!  (80th)

Just got the family shipped off after a nice birthday visit.
I guess that answers my question.

Happy Birthday Tina Louise!  (80th)
Something tells me that she still doesn't look like that. Besides, I was always more of a Maryanne kind of guy.

Not a recommendation, just reporting the sales...

Today Only Regius 30% Off Plus 5% Rewards!

CODE: SUNDAY = 30% off plus 5% reward points on Regius!

REGIUS
CODE ARE NOT RETRO ACTIVE AND CAN NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER. PLEASE LOG IN BEFORE TRYING TO PURCHASE. TO RECEIVE ANY OFFER YOU MUST HIT THE AMOUNT LISTED. CODE WILL EXPIRE 02/11/18 AT MIDNIGHT.
Don't Forget Scotty!
Scotty's Corner

Happy Birthday Tina Louise!  (80th)
Something tells me that she still doesn't look like that. Besides, I was always more of a Maryanne kind of guy.
I agree on both counts.  The today pictures are to be avoided!

Happy Birthday Tina Louise!  (80th)
Something tells me that she still doesn't look like that. Besides, I was always more of a Maryanne kind of guy.
All went well, not the same kind of parties you and OhioDave arrange.  All I need to do is have good food and lots of booze.

Happy Birthday Tina Louise!  (80th)
Something tells me that she still doesn't look like that. Besides, I was always more of a Maryanne kind of guy.
+1.  But somehow Mary Ann doesn't look the same these days, either.

Happy Birthday Tina Louise!  (80th)
Something tells me that she still doesn't look like that. Besides, I was always more of a Maryanne kind of guy.
+1.  But somehow Mary Ann doesn't look the same these days, either.
Luckily Tony and I are still just as dashing!

Pretty cool joecigar deal.

Anybody try that Comfortably Numb stick?
Nice to see something interesting (and decently priced) for a change.
Never heard of the Comfortably Numb, then again, don't really follow Espinosa....don't know how I stumbled on the Laranga.....

Ginger lull?
How can that be with Dean around?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5