Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Never Forget - 9/11/2017  (Read 8442 times)

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Lunch stop at Dickey's BBQ in Corsicana, TX

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Lady's house is fine, all trees standing, no flooding, a lot of yard clean up to do. watching out for the back surge behind the storm.
AF Cuban corona and cold coffee. going to fire up my little grill.
You could always let her do some of it....get a little feel of taking care of her property...
she has picked up most of it while I cooked eggs, pork loin, and potatoes.
Chef Flamingo Dean.
Now there's a thought....cook up some flamingo wings on the side.
Good Day CB.
Buffalo Flamingo Wings?!?
Sounds tasty...can I get a Tuna Colada with that?
Can you tune a colada?
No but you can Tuna Fish.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Pathetic!

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apocalypse
5/$2500
La Aroma de Cuba  Robusto  5/$27.00
Graycliff Turdbo Edition Limitada Toro  15/$49.99
Diesel Uncut Toro   10/$29.99
Murcielago Noir  Robusto  10/$34.99
RP Decade Robusto   5/$27.50
Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro   5/$29.99
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua  Robusto 10/$39.99
(maybe we should go back to the out of stock offering?
Camacho Pre-Embargo Toro  5/$47.50
Sancho Panza Triple Anejo Robusto  10/ $29.99
That's an interesting deal... but not that interesting.
I've heard they go well with a nice greasefire.
PDR grease fire sticks up now.
Bueso Genesis the Project up.....where's slackerDave?
Robusto 10/$29.99

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Lunch stop at Dickey's BBQ in Corsicana, TX
Hope it was better than the Austin area stores.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Pathetic!

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apocalypse
5/$2500
La Aroma de Cuba  Robusto  5/$27.00
Graycliff Turdbo Edition Limitada Toro  15/$49.99
Diesel Uncut Toro   10/$29.99
Murcielago Noir  Robusto  10/$34.99
RP Decade Robusto   5/$27.50
Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro   5/$29.99
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua  Robusto 10/$39.99
(maybe we should go back to the out of stock offering?
Camacho Pre-Embargo Toro  5/$47.50
Sancho Panza Triple Anejo Robusto  10/ $29.99
That's an interesting deal... but not that interesting.
I've heard they go well with a nice greasefire.
PDR grease fire sticks up now.
Bueso Genesis the Project up.....where's slackerDave?
Robusto 10/$29.99
Too late, Diesel jawbreakers up now.  Those are too big...

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Pathetic!

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apocalypse
5/$2500
La Aroma de Cuba  Robusto  5/$27.00
Graycliff Turdbo Edition Limitada Toro  15/$49.99
Diesel Uncut Toro   10/$29.99
Murcielago Noir  Robusto  10/$34.99
RP Decade Robusto   5/$27.50
Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro   5/$29.99
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua  Robusto 10/$39.99
(maybe we should go back to the out of stock offering?
Camacho Pre-Embargo Toro  5/$47.50
Sancho Panza Triple Anejo Robusto  10/ $29.99
That's an interesting deal... but not that interesting.
I've heard they go well with a nice greasefire.
PDR grease fire sticks up now.
Bueso Genesis the Project up.....where's slackerDave?
Robusto 10/$29.99
Bueso DaveDave!

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

had a great friend loan me a generator. I am running the fridge and window shaker in the bedroom. Life Is Good.

Buffalo Flamingo Wings huh? I think they are protected.
will probably do NY Strips on the grill tonight.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Pathetic!

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apocalypse
5/$2500
La Aroma de Cuba  Robusto  5/$27.00
Graycliff Turdbo Edition Limitada Toro  15/$49.99
Diesel Uncut Toro   10/$29.99
Murcielago Noir  Robusto  10/$34.99
RP Decade Robusto   5/$27.50
Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro   5/$29.99
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua  Robusto 10/$39.99
(maybe we should go back to the out of stock offering?
Camacho Pre-Embargo Toro  5/$47.50
Sancho Panza Triple Anejo Robusto  10/ $29.99
That's an interesting deal... but not that interesting.
I've heard they go well with a nice greasefire.
PDR grease fire sticks up now.
Bueso Genesis the Project up.....where's slackerDave?
Robusto 10/$29.99
Too late, Diesel jawbreakers up now.  Those are too big...
RP jawbreakers up now.  $50/16.  You smoke long time.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Pathetic!

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apocalypse
5/$2500
La Aroma de Cuba  Robusto  5/$27.00
Graycliff Turdbo Edition Limitada Toro  15/$49.99
Diesel Uncut Toro   10/$29.99
Murcielago Noir  Robusto  10/$34.99
RP Decade Robusto   5/$27.50
Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro   5/$29.99
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua  Robusto 10/$39.99
(maybe we should go back to the out of stock offering?
Camacho Pre-Embargo Toro  5/$47.50
Sancho Panza Triple Anejo Robusto  10/ $29.99
That's an interesting deal... but not that interesting.
I've heard they go well with a nice greasefire.
PDR grease fire sticks up now.
Bueso Genesis the Project up.....where's slackerDave?
Robusto 10/$29.99
RP Big Ring Gauge Sampler  16/$49.99

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.
What'd you do, tell someone "I'm the only one here who can do this right, now stay the f'k away from my grill!"

[...]

La Palina Red Label Toro  5/ $19.99

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.
Probably the first time that grease trap was cleaned out all season.
I remember those days of shiftwork at the concession stand...and some of the characters that couldn't cook, fry, or make correct change.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.

Great story Tony. I take it nobody bought any of the burgers during the 'fire sale'?

[...]

Well, they were a little salty...
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10