CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: 8/21/2017  (Read 9831 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/21/2017
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2017, 01:43:56 PM »

Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

And good afternoon everyone.
Good day TCAR.  Seems we're on the same page.
Yeah, but he was on that page first.
That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
You found NYC to be expensive? You're damn right it is. Just ate my $20 salad. WTF? I made a better one yesterday with about $3 worth of ingredients.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2017, 01:46:35 PM »

You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »

Nice weekly specials at Holt's this week http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special.html?limit=all&utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WS082117&utm_content=WS082117

thanks blu.
how's everything in Hobe?
hit the E.P. Carrillo Cabinets for $54.95/25
Without checking with Mark first?!?
Don't need Mark for these deals.  Dean knows it when he see's it!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »

To tie in with our conversation from last week.  First spot to see the totality was a lighthouse.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »

That's just because I took the extra time to price one of the sizes of the Seleccion Oscuro's for you.
I appreciate the effort. Though, I did see the deal while I was at lunch. Definitely thinking about getting another box, but after getting back from NYC last week, I'm thinking maybe I should give the bank account a rest for a bit.
You found NYC to be expensive? You're damn right it is. Just ate my $20 salad. WTF? I made a better one yesterday with about $3 worth of ingredients.
The place you were eating only spent $1.25 on the ingredients.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »

Nonsense.  NYC is a workers' paradise, where everyone has all they need and money just falls from the skyscrapers.  Didn't you get the memo?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2017, 01:58:19 PM »

For my eclipse segue cigar, think I'll go with an El Centurion H-2K-CT and some unsweetened tea.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2017, 02:10:18 PM »

To tie in with our conversation from last week.  First spot to see the totality was a lighthouse.

Just found out a buddy of mine is in KC on business. They are in the right path to see it in full. Trying to get a photo from him.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2017, 02:11:29 PM »

The place you were eating only spent $1.25 on the ingredients.
I doubt even that much. But their rent is through the roof so...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »

Nonsense.  NYC is a workers' paradise, where everyone has all they need and money just falls from the skyscrapers.  Didn't you get the memo?
I do know that the construction industry is alive and well there. Especially on the roads to get out.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2017, 02:13:54 PM »

The biggest change from last time was the subway tix you could buy for like $9 and you rode all day. Seems they got rid of those at some point in the last 7 years.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »

Max eclipse just passed here and unimpressed, no ice age hit or anything, damn phones still working even.  We only had about 65% coverage.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2017, 02:21:24 PM »

Boy and DIL were going to a big catered eclipse party in Georgetown but he said the entire coast has gone psycho and traffic is at a standstill everywhere.  The whole place is pretty much shut down, he closed his office and is trying to just get home for a cigar and a drink.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »

You outside with your glasses on Raz?
I was.  Only 92% totality here, so not as impressive as the one in '79 (99.6% in Seattle area).  Dimmed considerably, and temperature dropped 3 degrees.
About to hit our peak here of about 81%, in about 8 minutes. Lots of people gathering outside.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10