CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: 8/16/2017  (Read 12611 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/16/2017
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
Raspberry thumbprint cookies?
There ARE OTHER good profiles... ::)
I wish I was better at describing cigar flavors.  I will say the Warped line is distinctive, though I'll give the edge to the GotF branch-off.
It takes a very vivid imagination to describe cigar flavors beyond cedar, leather, hay and Turd flavor .  All this cloves, cinnamon and allspice, etc............is bullshit I think.
But those are some of my preferred flavors...and ones that are prominent in many of the Warped cigars!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
Sorry but not on my personal favorites list but I have a box aging
You have a lot of boxes aging.... ;)
How is the transition humi holding up?
Humi is doing ok but I might have to go to the wine cellar and restock next week or down the road to Habana House maybe.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2017, 09:48:04 PM »

I wish I was better at describing cigar flavors.  I will say the Warped line is distinctive, though I'll give the edge to the GotF branch-off.
It takes a very vivid imagination to describe cigar flavors beyond cedar, leather, hay and Turd flavor .  All this cloves, cinnamon and allspice, etc............is bullshit I think.
But those are some of my preferred flavors...and ones that are prominent in many of the Warped cigars!
I have picked up a hint of chocolate in a few but not many.
If you think you taste them great but I don't and never have.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »

I've only put about 20 miles on it so far. Drive back from the dealership on Monday and took the fam for a quick spin yesterday. Plan to put about 120 miles on it tomorrow; round trip to the NJ herf.
Be sure to grab a CD from The Artist Formerly Known As Flip for the ride home, break it in properly. 
Edit: Does it even have a CD player?  Not sure if new cars have them these days.
That's a great question. I actually went and looked... It does.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »

You're probably right. Leather?
Leather  :o. You talking about Dean
Granny panties made in leather?  Sure as hell not interested in finding out.
Sure you aren't.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:36 PM »

I've only put about 20 miles on it so far. Drive back from the dealership on Monday and took the fam for a quick spin yesterday. Plan to put about 120 miles on it tomorrow; round trip to the NJ herf.
Be sure to grab a CD from The Artist Formerly Known As Flip for the ride home, break it in properly. 
Edit: Does it even have a CD player?  Not sure if new cars have them these days.
That's a great question. I actually went and looked... It does.
I did not figure they still pit them in.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »

Bullshit doesn't agree with my palate.

Edit: Is that the profile some folks describe as "barnyard"?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2017, 09:54:57 PM »

Guess you don't like Bueso's then

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2017, 09:56:35 PM »

Actually, I do. Not that I go out of my way to smoke them but I wouldn't turn one away either.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »

Actually, I do. Not that I go out of my way to smoke them but I wouldn't turn one away either.
I can honestly say Buesos and OOO's are taste wise about the two worst cigars I have ever tried to smoke.  And I would turn them away.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2017, 10:00:27 PM »

Time for me to go to sleep.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2017, 10:06:08 PM »

I have picked up a hint of chocolate in a few but not many.
If you think you taste them great but I don't and never have.
If you want chocolate, pick up a Le Careme by Crowned Heads.  I've never had another cigar that tastes so much like dessert.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »

Time for me to go to sleep.
Why, you have all tomorrow afternoon to catch up.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2017, 10:28:22 PM »

I can honestly say Buesos and OOO's are taste wise about the two worst cigars I have ever tried to smoke.  And I would turn them away.
To each his own. I enjoy both.

Threebean

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »

To each his own. I enjoy both.
I have Bueso's and smoke them occasionally.  One of those smoke-while-working sticks.  Not a OOO fan, though. But worst ever?  Heaven knows there are plenty of lower tier dog rockets out there.  TxDave just thinks the Bueso are commie smokes.   :D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12