Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
Raspberry thumbprint cookies?
There ARE OTHER good profiles... ::)
I wish I was better at describing cigar flavors.  I will say the Warped line is distinctive, though I'll give the edge to the GotF branch-off.
It takes a very vivid imagination to describe cigar flavors beyond cedar, leather, hay and Turd flavor .  All this cloves, cinnamon and allspice, etc............is bullshit I think.
But those are some of my preferred flavors...and ones that are prominent in many of the Warped cigars!

« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
Raspberry thumbprint cookies?
Sorry but not on my personal favorites list but I have a box aging
You have a lot of boxes aging.... ;)
How is the transition humi holding up?
Humi is doing ok but I might have to go to the wine cellar and restock next week or down the road to Habana House maybe.

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2017, 09:48:04 PM »

[...]

I have picked up a hint of chocolate in a few but not many.
If you think you taste them great but I don't and never have.

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
I've only put about 20 miles on it so far. Drive back from the dealership on Monday and took the fam for a quick spin yesterday. Plan to put about 120 miles on it tomorrow; round trip to the NJ herf.
Be sure to grab a CD from The Artist Formerly Known As Flip for the ride home, break it in properly.
Edit: Does it even have a CD player?  Not sure if new cars have them these days.
That's a great question. I actually went and looked... It does.

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
For comparison purposes the El Oso is my son's favorite cigar and easily a top 3 or 4 for me.
Raspberry thumbprint cookies?
There ARE OTHER good profiles... ::)
You're probably right. Leather?
Leather  :o. You talking about Dean
Granny panties made in leather?  Sure as hell not interested in finding out.
Sure you aren't.

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:36 PM »

Went with a Rocky Patel 15th anniversary. Not bad but nothing to write home about either.

Still hit the spot and glad I got an opportunity to smoke something.
Just lit an El Oso gifted by a peripatetic Dave on his last trip to TX. Starting out uniquely "woodsy". Promising.
Pretty certain it's tastier than my RP.
Haven't had an RP in a while, but I would take that bet.   Evening, Mr Mayor.  Enjoying the new ride?
I've only put about 20 miles on it so far. Drive back from the dealership on Monday and took the fam for a quick spin yesterday. Plan to put about 120 miles on it tomorrow; round trip to the NJ herf.
Be sure to grab a CD from The Artist Formerly Known As Flip for the ride home, break it in properly.
Edit: Does it even have a CD player?  Not sure if new cars have them these days.
That's a great question. I actually went and looked... It does.
I did not figure they still pit them in.

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »

[...]

Bullshit doesn't agree with my palate.

Edit: Is that the profile some folks describe as "barnyard"?

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2017, 09:54:57 PM »

[...]

Guess you don't like Bueso's then

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2017, 09:56:35 PM »

[...]

Actually, I do. Not that I go out of my way to smoke them but I wouldn't turn one away either.

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »

[...]

I can honestly say Buesos and OOO's are taste wise about the two worst cigars I have ever tried to smoke.  And I would turn them away.

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2017, 10:00:27 PM »

Time for me to go to sleep.

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2017, 10:06:08 PM »

[...]

If you want chocolate, pick up a Le Careme by Crowned Heads.  I've never had another cigar that tastes so much like dessert.

« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »

Time for me to go to sleep.
Why, you have all tomorrow afternoon to catch up.

« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2017, 10:28:22 PM »

[...]

To each his own. I enjoy both.

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »

[...]

I have Bueso's and smoke them occasionally.  One of those smoke-while-working sticks.  Not a OOO fan, though. But worst ever?  Heaven knows there are plenty of lower tier dog rockets out there.  TxDave just thinks the Bueso are commie smokes.   :D
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12