Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
How does to-go or not-to-go have a bearing on the argument?  You'd better let the warden negotiate the new car deal, you've adopted UN-think.

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2017, 07:37:20 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
How does to-go or not-to-go have a bearing on the argument?  You'd better let the warden negotiate the new car deal, you've adopted UN-think.
Maybe so.

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2017, 07:43:03 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
How does to-go or not-to-go have a bearing on the argument?  You'd better let the warden negotiate the new car deal, you've adopted UN-think.
Maybe so.
Probably you needed to throw a #fakenews in there to get him to understand the argument. ;)

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2017, 07:46:40 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
Out here it is where you can't stop into a grocery or gas station and buy beer. And:

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2017, 07:48:05 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.

Perfect!

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2017, 08:06:37 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
How does to-go or not-to-go have a bearing on the argument?  You'd better let the warden negotiate the new car deal, you've adopted UN-think.
LMFAO, Indeed!

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2017, 08:11:56 AM »

A lot of lower volume smokers go to B&M's thinking they will get some good advice on purchases...... Well if you think there is much or any validity to that then send the warden to a few B&M's to buy some cigars per their recommendations and see what she comes home with.

When we went to the new B&M for the Saturday retirement Herf the first thing the guy did was try to sell me on an RyJ.

Edit:  if Amazon sold Cigars the end of B&M's would be near but since newbies and low volume smokers have to search out good vendors, none of which they have ever heard of, they go to B&M's.

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2017, 08:12:23 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
How does to-go or not-to-go have a bearing on the argument?  You'd better let the warden negotiate the new car deal, you've adopted UN-think.
LMFAO, Indeed!
GFY. You all know exactly what I mean.

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2017, 08:16:11 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
How does to-go or not-to-go have a bearing on the argument?  You'd better let the warden negotiate the new car deal, you've adopted UN-think.
LMFAO, Indeed!
GFY. You all know exactly what I mean.
Yeah, you mean Good For You

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2017, 08:18:54 AM »

A lot of lower volume smokers go to B&M's thinking they will get some good advice on purchases...... Well if you think there is much or any validity to that then send the warden to a few B&M's to buy some cigars per their recommendations and see what she comes home with.

When we went to the new B&M for the Saturday retirement Herf the first thing the guy did was try to sell me on an RyJ.

Edit:  if Amazon sold Cigars the end of B&M's would be near but since newbies and low volume smokers have to search out good vendors, none of which they have ever heard of, they go to B&M's.
At least Prime members wouldn't have to worry about shipping costs anymore.

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 08:19:34 AM »

Not a bad joecigar deal.
Something different and decent for a change.
Pricing is maybe a little eh....
But if you compare it to b&m pricing...
IMFO B&M pricing is an irrelevant reference point.
Agreed, you don't compare the price of beer at a bar to that at a liquor store, do you?
Exactly, or wine at a restaurant to wine at the grocery store.

Or Bean's Deals vs 21st century deals.
I disagree with the analogies. Most of the time when I visit a b&m, I spend time there smoking. But many people walk in and make a to-go purchase. That's not the case at a bar or restaurant.
How does to-go or not-to-go have a bearing on the argument?  You'd better let the warden negotiate the new car deal, you've adopted UN-think.
LMFAO, Indeed!
GFY. You all know exactly what I mean.
Bar and restaurant alcohol sales are exclusively on-premise consumption.  B&M cigar purchases are not.  So yeah, the analogy is poor.  I was just fishing for a GFY.

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2017, 08:21:46 AM »

[...]

Not necessarily.  Did you not see my earlier post?  So GFY!

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2017, 08:23:08 AM »

A lot of lower volume smokers go to B&M's thinking they will get some good advice on purchases...... Well if you think there is much or any validity to that then send the warden to a few B&M's to buy some cigars per their recommendations and see what she comes home with.

When we went to the new B&M for the Saturday retirement Herf the first thing the guy did was try to sell me on an RyJ.

Edit:  if Amazon sold Cigars the end of B&M's would be near but since newbies and low volume smokers have to search out good vendors, none of which they have ever heard of, they go to B&M's.
Beyond the newbie factor, browsing a decent B&M for a 2-3 sticks one hasn't tried is fun.  And they can be a good place to enjoy a smoke when the weather sucks.

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2017, 08:31:23 AM »

A lot of lower volume smokers go to B&M's thinking they will get some good advice on purchases...... Well if you think there is much or any validity to that then send the warden to a few B&M's to buy some cigars per their recommendations and see what she comes home with.

When we went to the new B&M for the Saturday retirement Herf the first thing the guy did was try to sell me on an RyJ.

Edit:  if Amazon sold Cigars the end of B&M's would be near but since newbies and low volume smokers have to search out good vendors, none of which they have ever heard of, they go to B&M's.
At least Prime members wouldn't have to worry about shipping costs anymore.
And Amazon could get B&M prices because everyone just assumes Amazon has lower prices but most are aware of the existence of knockoff cigars and probably would not trust EBay on them, which is a valid idea.

I use a certain kind of shampoo which is generally  not available at many stores, and recently Needed to restock. Amazon and EBay had it available for $10-12/bottle which is cheaper then the $15 at most barber shops.  HEB Grocery here actually sells it for $4.57/bottle, thus the assumption that Amazon and EBay are cheaper is nothing more than good marketing.

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2017, 08:36:12 AM »

A lot of lower volume smokers go to B&M's thinking they will get some good advice on purchases...... Well if you think there is much or any validity to that then send the warden to a few B&M's to buy some cigars per their recommendations and see what she comes home with.

When we went to the new B&M for the Saturday retirement Herf the first thing the guy did was try to sell me on an RyJ.

Edit:  if Amazon sold Cigars the end of B&M's would be near but since newbies and low volume smokers have to search out good vendors, none of which they have ever heard of, they go to B&M's.
Beyond the newbie factor, browsing a decent B&M for a 2-3 sticks one hasn't tried is fun.  And they can be a good place to enjoy a smoke when the weather sucks.
True, but it comes at a price and in high tax states it comes at a big price.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15