Apple Watch up now!

In the past 6-12 months I've gotten very tired of being so connected all the time.  I don't give a shit about Facebook outside of a whiskey group and the cigar group.  I don't need emails and texts coming to my watch, too.  For that matter, don't even call me!  If you need me I'll be outside smoking.
Ha! That's very Joe-esque. I wonder how long it will take for the pendulum to swing back in the opposite direction of connectivity for many people

And if you text me, it'd better be about beer or cigars.

I was actually talking to the wife about this the other day... for as connected as everyone got, I get the sense that people really are tiring of it.  It went too far.  I see it in the buying trends of our clients, they're starting to move away from "social media" - it isn't "cool" any more.  Read about the top "social media" apps and most are stuff I bet you've never heard of.  And then of course the pendulum will swing BACK to connectivity, and back again, and on and on.  Or it won't, who knows.  I'll try to keep up with it on Twitter.
CNS, I instant-messaged my wife about that yesterday then we text about it again while we were lying in bed

Why would I text you about anything other then cigars or beer? It's not like we know each other
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

"You" as in everyone/anyone.  Otherwise the text is getting ignored.  And if it's a text from Dan about cigars or beer, it's still getting ignored.

For the fanboys: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/
Fuck Apple in a couple more generations they will catch up with current Samsung and then still will not have decent battery life.

[...]

I talk about this very thing on my Prodigy page.

Apple Watch up now!

In the past 6-12 months I've gotten very tired of being so connected all the time.  I don't give a shit about Facebook outside of a whiskey group and the cigar group.  I don't need emails and texts coming to my watch, too.  For that matter, don't even call me!  If you need me I'll be outside smoking.
So, who wants to call Joe first tonight?
So who the hell wants to talk to him
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!

Glad this day is finally over, what a pain in the ass this was. Might have to hit the rum hard tonight. Hazzuh!
Later Dave!
[...]

LOL!  Nice. I'm dialing up right now to read it.

For the fanboys: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/
Fuck Apple in a couple more generations they will catch up with current Samsung and then still will not have decent battery life.
ROFL! I saw the Samsung watch on clearance today! http://www.a4c.com/dailydeal/?site=dealnews

cigar time. thunder all around. batten the hatches.
LOVE that cigar!
Which one.....sheesh!  Never mind....that's a Surrogates and I was going to go on a Viaje rant....
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!

Apple Watch up now!

In the past 6-12 months I've gotten very tired of being so connected all the time.  I don't give a shit about Facebook outside of a whiskey group and the cigar group.  I don't need emails and texts coming to my watch, too.  For that matter, don't even call me!  If you need me I'll be outside smoking.
Ha! That's very Joe-esque. I wonder how long it will take for the pendulum to swing back in the opposite direction of connectivity for many people
>>> Not sure,  but this is about as social as I get online.  no Facebook or Tweeting.  I do answer texts and e-mails though.  (ok, some e-mails)
Logged

jswaykos

Apple Watch up now!

In the past 6-12 months I've gotten very tired of being so connected all the time.  I don't give a shit about Facebook outside of a whiskey group and the cigar group.  I don't need emails and texts coming to my watch, too.  For that matter, don't even call me!  If you need me I'll be outside smoking.
So, who wants to call Joe first tonight?
So who the hell wants to talk to him

Always amazes me how passionate some people get about one side or the other.  1) Apple vs Non-Apple... they all do basically the same thing.  2)  Either of the sides are better than anything that was out even five years ago, if you're in to smart phones.

Feels good to get some bitching in.

cigar time. thunder all around. batten the hatches.
LOVE that cigar!
Which one.....sheesh!
I actually don't see it on there.  Guess that's not all of 'em.
Logged

jswaykos

cigar time. thunder all around. batten the hatches.
LOVE that cigar!
Which one.....sheesh!
I actually don't see it on there.  Guess that's not all of 'em.

Dean's smoking a Surrogates/Tatuaje.  That pic is of the Viaje Skull & Bones.

For the fanboys: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/
Fuck Apple in a couple more generations they will catch up with current Samsung and then still will not have decent battery life.
They were the pioneers, you have to give them that

cigar time. thunder all around. batten the hatches.
LOVE that cigar!
Which one.....sheesh!
I actually don't see it on there.  Guess that's not all of 'em.

Dean's smoking a Surrogates/Tatuaje.  That pic is of the Viaje Skull & Bones.
Oh.