mmmmm, meatball sub!!
good afternoon easters and good morning everyone else!
Should I take it personal that you only post when I leave for lunch?  Ha.  Howdy, Sam.
It's all a conspiracy.
Logged

SnS

  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Proud to be a BoTL

Morning, all.
Joe!

Morning, Ryan.  Feels like east coast weather here lately, lots of humidity.  Supposed to climb back in the 100s this weekend.
What the...?!    damn, its VERY nice here today.   maybe a bit cloudy, but the temps are perfect 71F.
Logged

SnS

  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Proud to be a BoTL

Morning, all.
Well, well. Have the "day off"?

Something like that.  New beer recommendation:  Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues out of Colorado. It was about $10 for a six pack.  6.5% ABV, lots of hops buunut also a bit sweet, so not totally over the top like a more traditional IPA.  Good stuff, I can definitely see it becoming a go to for me.  Had a bunch of them last night.  Also had some Dogfish Head Punkin Ale but didn't like it as much as the Warlock or Pumking.  Won't be repurchasing any of it this season.
+1 on Dale's Pale Ale damn good beer.
Try the Avery IPA, I prefer it slightly over the Dale's
The Stone RuinTen is the best IPA I've had recently

Also a favorite recent IPA of mine!  Almost grabbed a couple of those last night but went with the Dale's when I saw them instead.  Felt like trying something new (to me).
The Dale's is good but I think the Avery's is a bit smoother, worth a try. I can't get enough of the RuinTen lately
Can you please compare that to Sculpin? Thank you.

Always find it hard to compare beers head to head. I'd take RuinTen over Sculpin, mostly because there are other citrusy ipa alternatives out here so I wouldn't "miss" Sculpin if it disappeared because I'd chosen RuinTen instead.

Or you could just try both yourself.
BTW Joe, I had the Chok and Mokah over the weekend and now prefer the Mokah
Wow, that's really saying something.  I know my local place has the Mokah and I will definitely pick some up soon.
I like that it's not as chocolatey, the mocha breaks it up
Have you had the new Stone Xocoveza Mocha Stout
I know you're still talking beers, but my thoughts are on the meatball sub.  Lunchtime!
Too easy.

jswaykos

Morning, all.
Joe!

Morning, Ryan.  Feels like east coast weather here lately, lots of humidity.  Supposed to climb back in the 100s this weekend.
What the...?!    damn, its VERY nice here today.   maybe a bit cloudy, but the temps are perfect 71F.

Some storm off of Mexico I think.  Or the polar vortex.  Either way, don't get many opportunities to complain about the weather here so may as well take advantage!  Just stepped outside, felt like I was at an indoor pool.  Humidity sucks, I don't miss it at all.  Feels kinda good outside at night, though, when smoking.  No bugs here to worry about.

IrascibleOldFool

jswaykos

For the fanboys: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

I like my iphone but I'm cheap... I always get the previous model when it goes on sale as a refurbished unit, providing my contract allows me to do so.
Logged

SnS

  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Proud to be a BoTL

For the fanboys: http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/
Meh.  Shame Steve Jobs had to go ahead and pass away.  Apple took a big turn towards the dumper since...

Apple Watch up now!
Logged

jswaykos

Apple Watch up now!

In the past 6-12 months I've gotten very tired of being so connected all the time.  I don't give a shit about Facebook outside of a whiskey group and the cigar group.  I don't need emails and texts coming to my watch, too.  For that matter, don't even call me!  If you need me I'll be outside smoking.
Logged

dwgbryant

cigar time. thunder all around. batten the hatches.