CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: 9/7/2014  (Read 29089 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/7/2014
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »

Were we supposed to set the clocks back already?  Wenglish with the beers, Deano and Redneck Rick with the hotdogs.  WTF?
Jealous?
Very much so.  I want a beer, Mexican food and a cigar right now but it's not looking good.  I can do without the hot dogs.

It's easy, Tony.  Just drink the beer while driving the kids to soccer practice.  Have a cigar while watching them.  Stop at Taco Bell on the way back.
Even that sounds romantic.  Funny, yesterday one of the spectators was smoking while watching her granddaughter play soccer and she caught tons of stink eye.  I was surprised to see it but this particular town had no signs saying smoking wasn't allowed.
True, but it's pretty broadly expected that that not be done at kids sports events.  Even years ago when my daughter was playing softball, the many hard core smoking parents would go out to the parking lot to catch a cig.
Let's just say this particular grandma wasn't exactly "classy".
I got that impression.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »

Were we supposed to set the clocks back already?  Wenglish with the beers, Deano and Redneck Rick with the hotdogs.  WTF?
Jealous?
Very much so.  I want a beer, Mexican food and a cigar right now but it's not looking good.  I can do without the hot dogs.

It's easy, Tony.  Just drink the beer while driving the kids to soccer practice.  Have a cigar while watching them.  Stop at Taco Bell on the way back.
Even that sounds romantic.  Funny, yesterday one of the spectators was smoking while watching her granddaughter play soccer and she caught tons of stink eye.  I was surprised to see it but this particular town had no signs saying smoking wasn't allowed.
True, but it's pretty broadly expected that that not be done at kids sports events.  Even years ago when my daughter was playing softball, the many hard core smoking parents would go out to the parking lot to catch a cig.
I got that impression.
Not to say that her neck tattoo wasn't becoming.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2014, 01:01:47 PM »

Jealous?

I got that impression.
Not to say that her neck tattoo wasn't becoming.
Sheesh, I wasn't judging!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »

Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »

Sheesh.
You drunk yet?  You might need to be to watch the Raiders.

dwgbryant

« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »

sunny Florida my ass. three days of rain here and 81°. hotdogs were good, lots of fixings. catsup, brown mustard, relish, chedar cheese, raw onion, roast beef hash, Louisiana hot sauce, chili peppers. et 4 with various different items.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2014, 01:32:06 PM »

sunny Florida my ass. three days of rain here and 81°. hotdogs were good, lots of fixings. catsup, brown mustard, relish, chedar cheese, raw onion, roast beef hash, Louisiana hot sauce, chili peppers. et 4 with various different items.
It just happens to be the rainy season.  It will end in November... and then start again in June.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »

It just happens to be the rainy season.  It will end in November... and then start again in June.
Which is a trade-off for the northeast snowy season.

dwgbryant

« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »

Which is a trade-off for the northeast snowy season.
really complaining about nothing, 84° and light rain now. come on!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »

The rain does put a damper on the smoking though.  Have you built a shed yet?  :)

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »

What are you smoking tonight,  Deano and Anthony?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »

Honestly haven't decided yet.  It will be a surprise to me too.

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2014, 02:30:18 PM »

Honestly haven't decided yet.  It will be a surprise to me too.
I'm thinking a Cuban Punch may be in order.

dwgbryant

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2014, 02:38:31 PM »

The rain does put a damper on the smoking though.  Have you built a shed yet?  :)
nope, got a good sized awning works just fine. I about live outside here, except to sleep.

dwgbryant

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »

if KC gets back from Flossie's in time I will be doing a Punch Punch he sent me. I also have a nice Mi Barrio, Flor de Capa, 777, and Cubao. smokers choice, just grab a favorite.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15