CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: 6/8/2017  (Read 8693 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 6/8/2017
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2017, 11:50:14 AM »

Good morning everyone.  I have the grandkids again today so this is just a short drive by.  Last fall while my wife, a friend, and I were sitting in my backyard, about 15 of these bird drones flew over my house.  They made a 90 degree right turn, flew down two houses and circled like buzzards.  I'm guessing they were about 250 to 300 foot up in the air.  One broke off from the group and flew down over us and circled.  I went inside to get my camera, but it few back to the other drones before I could get back outside.  I took a photo, but they just look like little dots.  They were quite, and all black.  They then few south for about 1/4 mile, and started circling again.  None of them ever flapped their wings.  Here's the closest photo that I can find that looked like the shapes we saw.  https://www.geek.com/news/silent-running-uav-looks-like-a-bird-capable-of-invisible-surveillance-1552049/

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2017, 12:15:14 PM »

It's time to play with the kids... Later...

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »

Good morning everyone.  I have the grandkids again today so this is just a short drive by.  Last fall while my wife, a friend, and I were sitting in my backyard, about 15 of these bird drones flew over my house.  They made a 90 degree right turn, flew down two houses and circled like buzzards.  I'm guessing they were about 250 to 300 foot up in the air.  One broke off from the group and flew down over us and circled.  I went inside to get my camera, but it few back to the other drones before I could get back outside.  I took a photo, but they just look like little dots.  They were quite, and all black.  They then few south for about 1/4 mile, and started circling again.  None of them ever flapped their wings.  Here's the closest photo that I can find that looked like the shapes we saw.  https://www.geek.com/news/silent-running-uav-looks-like-a-bird-capable-of-invisible-surveillance-1552049/
Hey BD!  Another great Bad Dad story.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »

Right, now we have bird's eye view cameras, instead of rear vehicle auto ones....

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »

Right, now we have bird's eye view cameras, instead of rear vehicle auto ones....
Rear end view?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2017, 01:32:02 PM »

Rear end view?
I think that's Dean speciality.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2017, 01:37:43 PM »

Rear end view?
Keeps getting back in line for the pool ladder.  Here's looking up your ol' address.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

Hazzuh!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »

Rear end view?
well, someone has to do it!

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »

Rear end view?
Indeed.  Dean, taking one for the team.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 04:39:39 PM »

Rear end view?
Indeed.  Dean, taking one for the team.
He's our hero.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »

Thought seriously about ordering a second Marlin rifle. Talked myself out of it. I'm thinking there will be a lot more firearms deals to come in the next few months.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »

Rear end view?
TWSS
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9