CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 5/13/2017  (Read 3718 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 5/13/2017
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2017, 10:40:09 AM »

I ought to think about getting ready. got my cane and umbrella loaded. looks like a day of steady rain.
Sounds to me like a day to reschedule a picnic
Looked at your weather radar, assuming it is all outdoors rescheduling is definitely the only rational decision.  There are some strong thunderstorm cells in that system.
it's a 12 step function. tickets sold, food purchased, we have a large pavillion I believe. will be a bit of financial  lose until the next indoor event in June.
Dean always leaves out the minor details such as "we have a pavilion" , well fuk Dean what difference does it make if it is raining unless the wind is blowing hard?
Yeah but he'll be stuck outside the pavilion on the grill.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »

I ought to think about getting ready. got my cane and umbrella loaded. looks like a day of steady rain.
Looked at your weather radar, assuming it is all outdoors rescheduling is definitely the only rational decision.  There are some strong thunderstorm cells in that system.
it's a 12 step function. tickets sold, food purchased, we have a large pavillion I believe. will be a bit of financial  lose until the next indoor event in June.
Dean always leaves out the minor details such as "we have a pavilion" , well fuk Dean what difference does it make if it is raining unless the wind is blowing hard?
Yeah but he'll be stuck outside the pavilion on the grill.
After he finishes cutting the wood for cooking with.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »

Short Story lit, perfect weather!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 12:07:59 PM »

Today's Highlight in History:

On May 13, 1917, three shepherd children, Lucia de Jesus dos Santos and two of her cousins, Jacinta and Francisco Marto, reported seeing a vision of the Virgin Mary near Fatima, Portugal; it was the first of six such apparitions that the children claimed to have witnessed.
I'll have what they're having.
Really.  They forgot to mention those bottles of Port they lifted from the closet in the house.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »

And he'll get to take home the leftover meat, so he'll be set for mushroom swiss burgers until June.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 12:11:00 PM »

And he'll get to take home the leftover meat, so he'll be set for mushroom swiss burgers until June.
....hmmm, maybe he knows exactly what he's doing....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2017, 12:13:03 PM »

My mom went down to UWV for her one grandson's graduation, so I get to watch Dad.
We went out to CVS and Home Depot this morning.
When we got to checkout at CVS, he told me he forgot his wallet.  Think he learned that one from my son... ::)

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2017, 12:25:59 PM »

My mom went down to UWV for her one grandson's graduation, so I get to watch Dad.
We went out to CVS and Home Depot this morning.
When we got to checkout at CVS, he told me he forgot his wallet.  Think he learned that one from my son... ::)
LOL, or maybe from Flip! 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »

Short Story lit, perfect weather!
I did get the front yard mowed first.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2017, 02:11:36 PM »

Partagas D4 is excellent! Never was a big fan when fresh,  but with some age they are wonderful. Smooth and creamy smoke, perfect draw and flavors of mild leather and baked bread.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2017, 05:40:20 PM »

....hmmm, maybe he knows exactly what he's doing....
surprisingly we had a nice turn out dispite the cold rain and wind. no, I didn't cook, my ankles wouldn't allow it. I had a recruit with me to cook and another guy helped out. I mingled, met new people and talked with old friends. a lot of people commented on seeing the pain in my face. I told them I wasn't as bad as a lot of people who are worse off than I am. now the rain has quit, of course. may just have a Short Story and lay down and read something.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »

Partagas D4 is excellent! Never was a big fan when fresh,  but with some age they are wonderful. Smooth and creamy smoke, perfect draw and flavors of mild leather and baked bread.
I've had quite a few of the Partagas D #5's and they were great cigars. one of my very favorites.

Threebean

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »

Evening, Dean.  GotF on fire with ice water.  Very nice early evening out here.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »

evening Mark. don't know whether I want another smoke or lay down and rest. got my eye on a OOO robusto though.
confortable 75° here.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »

evening Mark. don't know whether I want another smoke or lay down and rest. got my eye on a OOO robusto though.
confortable 75° here.
Omar rules!  Evening Dean and Bean.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4