Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 07:14:29 AM »

Morning CarolinaDave, WaterloggedDave and BattingPracticeFish.

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 07:15:46 AM »

Where's ThinksHesEmployedTony?
HaircutAndMassageDean sleeping in as well.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 07:18:02 AM »

We bought our house 11 years ago this week and the Trash Service was $35/2 months then, it stayed that price for 5 years when it went up to $40 then when the current asshole mayor was elected he negotiated a better deal at $52 that included more restrictive limits on items to be picked up, now we just got a notice it is going up to $63.  That is what a small town corrupt Mayor and City Manager can do for you.

Population of the city is 14,000 and a prime source of revenue is traffic tickets from a 40 cop police force combined with a corrupt city judge.  Now they want to build a $23 million police station.

PTL I am soon gone!

Said Mayor lived across the street from me until about 6 months after he got elected mayor (an unpaid position) when he sold his house that was not for sale for an undisclosed "cash" amount (to an unknown buyer who put it up for rent) and bought a house a few blocks away (also an all cash sale with an undisclosed sale price) worth about double what the old one was actually worth.

Said Mayor also looks sexy (in his opinion anyway) driving around in his new corvette and his wife is all smiles in her new Lexus.  Coincidentally the city approved construction of a Lexus Dealership that citizens were very much against shortly before the wife got her new car.

I will not bore you any more but I could write several pages of his corrupt deals.
So does said unpaid mayor have a paying job as well?
No, he is 2 years older than me but worked for the old Bell Telephone as a bottom level "manager", one step above union employees, then AT&T fired (I mean early retired) him at age 53 - years before eligible for retirement.  Then he started a "computer business" out of his house and got caught by one of his very few clients copying licensed software off their system and bootlegging it to other clients and that business ended within less than a year of starting it.   Has not earned a legit penny other than his pension since then  which is about 9 years.

He ran for Mayor unopposed.

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 07:20:09 AM »

[...]

He's my new hero
Sooner or later he can be your Little Bitch at the jailhouse.

He got appointed to the MPO Transportation Board and they kicked his ass off of it pretty quick.

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 07:24:04 AM »

TEXASDAVE FOR MAYOR!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 07:25:14 AM »

[...]

No, he is 2 years older than me but worked for the old Bell Telephone as a bottom level "manager", one step above union employees, then AT&T fired fired (I mean early retired) him at age 53 - years before eligible for retirement.  Then he started a "computer business" out of his house and got caught by one of his very few clients copying licensed software off their system and bootlegging it to other clients and that business ended within less than a year of starting it.   Has not earned a legit penny other than his pension since then  which is about 9 years.

He ran for Mayor unopposed.
Besides the message in my trash bill this headline in today's Austin paper is what set me off on this pompous asshole.

Future of proposed $23 million Lakeway police station up to voters

The mayor says "interest is a fact of life and no reason for concern".  The "interest" of which he speaks is about another $20 million

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 07:27:17 AM »

Morning Fish, Dave, Dave, and OnARantDave.  Sounds like a lot of back-scratching going on in Lakeway.

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 07:30:36 AM »

Morning Fish, Dave, Dave, and OnARantDave.  Sounds like a lot of back-scratching going on in Lakeway.
Morning Bean, like most cities it has always been very corrupt but at a new level now as the population is so much larger than 10 years ago and many things going on to skim from.

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 07:31:14 AM »

TEXASDAVE FOR MAYOR!!!
No thank you, if nominated I will not run and if elected I will not serve!

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 07:40:57 AM »

Illusione 25% off at SBC.  Not necessarily a steal, but it's something.

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »

Morning Fish, Dave, Dave, and OnARantDave.  Sounds like a lot of back-scratching going on in Lakeway.
Morning Bean, like most cities it has always been very corrupt but at a new level now as the population is so much larger than 10 years ago and many things going on to skim from.
Gotta send Chip and Joanna down there to clean the place up!

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 07:47:26 AM »

Morning Fish, Dave, Dave, and OnARantDave.  Sounds like a lot of back-scratching going on in Lakeway.
Morning Bean, like most cities it has always been very corrupt but at a new level now as the population is so much larger than 10 years ago and many things going on to skim from.
Gotta send Chip and Joanna down there to clean the place up!
And maybe an accent wall.

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »

Anybody hear of Muestra De Saka cigars?

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 07:57:05 AM »

Morning Fish, Dave, Dave, and OnARantDave.  Sounds like a lot of back-scratching going on in Lakeway.
Morning Bean, like most cities it has always been very corrupt but at a new level now as the population is so much larger than 10 years ago and many things going on to skim from.
No industry there, just high-end retail and the lake, bedroom community for more well-off Austinites who don't give a crap.

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 08:15:41 AM »

Anybody hear of Muestra De Saka cigars?
Heard of it, yea.  It was one of two or three lines that were rushed to meet the FDA deadline, so the name has been out there without general distribution of the cigars.
Think this one is on the pricy side, higher than the other Dunbarton releases.
Also out is Umbagog which seems to be the "Undercrown" of the Dunbarton line.
Should be showing up on line and in stores shortly.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11