CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: 3/30/2017  (Read 5640 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/30/2017
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »

Where were we? Sheesh. The guys showed up to replace the rest of the windows. Not sure this expenditure was such a good idea at this time.
Any of those possible leads you discussed last week (or was it earlier this week) still looking good?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2017, 10:30:49 AM »

Where were we? Sheesh. The guys showed up to replace the rest of the windows. Not sure this expenditure was such a good idea at this time.
Any of those possible leads you discussed last week (or was it earlier this week) still looking good?
Still looking good for a temp contract position. But a new full-time one just popped up yesterday and it looks really promising.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2017, 10:33:48 AM »

Stogieguys has a review today of the CAO Consigliere.  Stated the blend is the same as the original Soprano's line.  Know some of you liked them.  This one is available for a lower cost (don't have to pay licensing to HBO/Soprano's).

http://www.stogieguys.com/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 10:34:46 AM »

Still looking good for a temp contract position. But a new full-time one just popped up yesterday and it looks really promising.
Yea, TWSS.
Hope it works out!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 10:50:06 AM »

Holy PC Batman...now Carl's Jr. and Hardee's are dumping the great Burger Girl ads....
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/03/29/sexy-burger-girls-no-longer-carls-jr-and-hardees/99595086/

tcarblu

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »

Stogieguys has a review today of the CAO Consigliere.  Stated the blend is the same as the original Soprano's line.  Know some of you liked them.  This one is available for a lower cost (don't have to pay licensing to HBO/Soprano's).

Bought a box about a month ago, liked them enough to buy a second box. Never had the original so can't compare. Atlantic has them on sale now for $79.99 for the Associate size.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 11:08:41 AM »

Bought a box about a month ago, liked them enough to buy a second box. Never had the original so can't compare. Atlantic has them on sale now for $79.99 for the Associate size.
Sounds like a plan.  Morning Blu

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 11:22:15 AM »

Report: Diners break $100 worth of dinnerware over $5 discrepancy on Hooters bill

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/35030826/report-diners-break-100-worth-of-dinnerware-over-5-discrepancy-on-hooters-bill
Well, that certainly seems worth the hissy fit.
Just think what will happen when they overcharge CarolinaDave.
Simple, I will call Raz and have him and the Green Jacket Church Team fix the bastiges.  Except of course I never go to a Hooters, have been to them a couple of times but food is not so great and scenery is available at the beach without tipping.
As a matter of fact, tipping is frowned upon at the beach!
Know from experience?
Different kind of tip.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:07 AM »

Well I got the gutter man measuring if that helps your feelings any

sfish

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2017, 11:42:48 AM »

Morning Ohio Dave, RoundRockinDave, BicycleBuiltForFish, ThighHighTony and InteriorDesignerDean.
Morning David - Do you have any CF plans this year?
John and I were talking about heading up to the herf house on Friday.
Excellent, we'll be there Thursday afternoon. Will attempt to play golf Friday morning then some are going to the event, I'm not one of them. I'll be there until Saturday this year so Friday should be a good night
Planning on stopping off at the Superstore, catch lunch then head up.  Have the pork roll ready to travel.
Famous was a nice stop, very nice change of pace from CI
How is their Easton facility?  Serve drinks?
I really liked it, it's their warehouse/retail store/restaurant. Nice store, great bar you can smoke at. I recommend it

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2017, 11:51:17 AM »

I've seen them but not that interested. I may have one or two of the originals lying around.

Edit: Nice smoke but I prefer the La Traviata maduro and the Flathead Steel Horse. Although $80 at Atlantic sounds like a decent deal... Now if only I could trust them with my credit card info.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2017, 01:23:09 PM »

Well I got the gutter man measuring if that helps your feelings any
Why??? Did you not already sell this house?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2017, 01:26:16 PM »

Back from a nice lunch of Mofongo with seafood and ready for a rum drink and nap.  Both will have to wait I'm afraid.
I see the banter has really picked up..... ::)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »

@TexDave...how did that property eval turn out?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2017, 01:44:38 PM »

Back from a nice lunch of Mofongo with seafood and ready for a rum drink and nap.  Both will have to wait I'm afraid.
I see the banter has really picked up..... ::)
Loves me some mofongo. Actually have a couple of plantains at the house and may have to lookup a recipe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7