CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: 3/16/2017  (Read 9014 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 3/16/2017
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... Friday for me as I will be heading down to Savannah later this evening with bro#2. Hope it warms up a little. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to start celebrations a little earlier to get the blood alcohol levels in the optimum range.
I love Savannah. Although I recently discovered I love Charleston, SC too.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2017, 10:21:44 AM »

Looks like Tobacco Haus narrowly slipped by this commie assault:

The city of New Braunfels, Texas will soon have a new smoking ban that applies to all indoor businesses, as the city council approved the ban at its meeting on Monday night.

The new ordinance prohibits smoking in all public places and places of employment within the city limits, though retail tobacco and vape shops did get an exemption. Additionally, the city has imposed a ban on smoking within five feet from the entrances, exits, operable windows, and ventilation systems of enclosed areas where smoking is prohibited, though the council did approve an amendment that exempts bars and restaurants from that requirement, according to a report by Herald-Zeitung.com.
Whew!
Thank god they put that 5 foot cushion in for all the entrances! Who knows what would've happened if they hadn't.
I sure hope that ordinance includes required floor markings delineating the 5 ft distance from said doors, windows, and ventilation components.  Some smoking f'ker wants to stand at 4'-10" I can rightfully kick his ass!
My old company used to have green and red tape 25' from each entrance of their national landmark building to delineate where you could smoke. You would get the stink eye if you were on the red side of that tape. Come to think of it, you'd get stink eye on the green side too.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2017, 10:22:06 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... Friday for me as I will be heading down to Savannah later this evening with bro#2. Hope it warms up a little. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to start celebrations a little earlier to get the blood alcohol levels in the optimum range.
That makes sense, there are a lot of similarities.  I also like both places a lot.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:51 AM »

That makes sense, there are a lot of similarities.  I also like both places a lot.
It's all about the food and charm. But mostly about the food.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »

Are there any non-self serving politicians anymore? I thought the purpose was to serve the greater good of the general public.

Rant over. #CareerChangeImForRealzRunningForMayor
I think that was the original intent. It probably started going downhill as soon as they realized they could make money off it. It would be an interesting thing to research, when exactly politicians started selling their souls to the highest bidder.
sometime in the late 80's I would think....  it has to coincide with the cost of a successful run, being 5 times the annual salary of a local politician. good morning boys

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2017, 10:37:26 AM »

Good morning, Flip. And a belated happy birthday to ya.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »

It's all about the food and charm. But mostly about the food.
You sure? I don't know if I believe you.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:28 AM »

In case you are having difficulty in finding a proper place for your Irish celebration tomorrow:

http://vinepair.com/articles/own-your-own-inflatable-irish-pub/
too cold, also the CB&C fest is Saturday this year.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »

Tony - that meeting turn into an interview yesterday?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2017, 10:41:43 AM »

The two have a lot in common.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »

Good morning, Flip. And a belated happy birthday to ya.
why thanks.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »

Tony - that meeting turn into an interview yesterday?
Nope. It wound up being a "catching up". We were close enough that I had invited her to our wedding 18 years ago but lost touch soon after. She works for a healthcare provider now and if I see an opportunity on their website, I'll reach out to her again.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »

The city of New Braunfels, Texas will soon have a new smoking ban that applies to all indoor businesses, as the city council approved the ban at its meeting on Monday night.

The new ordinance prohibits smoking in all public places and places of employment within the city limits, though retail tobacco and vape shops did get an exemption. Additionally, the city has imposed a ban on smoking within five feet from the entrances, exits, operable windows, and ventilation systems of enclosed areas where smoking is prohibited, though the council did approve an amendment that exempts bars and restaurants from that requirement, according to a report by Herald-Zeitung.com.
Bunch of Zeitung smokin' Nazi's.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2017, 11:38:38 AM »

Bunch of Zeitung smokin' Nazi's.
Gesundheit
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9