« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... Friday for me as I will be heading down to Savannah later this evening with bro#2. Hope it warms up a little. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to start celebrations a little earlier to get the blood alcohol levels in the optimum range.
I love Savannah. Although I recently discovered I love Charleston, SC too.

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2017, 10:21:44 AM »

Looks like Tobacco Haus narrowly slipped by this commie assault:

The city of New Braunfels, Texas will soon have a new smoking ban that applies to all indoor businesses, as the city council approved the ban at its meeting on Monday night.

The new ordinance prohibits smoking in all public places and places of employment within the city limits, though retail tobacco and vape shops did get an exemption. Additionally, the city has imposed a ban on smoking within five feet from the entrances, exits, operable windows, and ventilation systems of enclosed areas where smoking is prohibited, though the council did approve an amendment that exempts bars and restaurants from that requirement, according to a report by Herald-Zeitung.com.
Whew!
Thank god they put that 5 foot cushion in for all the entrances! Who knows what would've happened if they hadn't.
I sure hope that ordinance includes required floor markings delineating the 5 ft distance from said doors, windows, and ventilation components.  Some smoking f'ker wants to stand at 4'-10" I can rightfully kick his ass!
My old company used to have green and red tape 25' from each entrance of their national landmark building to delineate where you could smoke. You would get the stink eye if you were on the red side of that tape. Come to think of it, you'd get stink eye on the green side too.

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2017, 10:22:06 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... Friday for me as I will be heading down to Savannah later this evening with bro#2. Hope it warms up a little. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to start celebrations a little earlier to get the blood alcohol levels in the optimum range.
I love Savannah. Although I recently discovered I love Charleston, SC too.
That makes sense, there are a lot of similarities.  I also like both places a lot.

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2017, 10:35:51 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... Friday for me as I will be heading down to Savannah later this evening with bro#2. Hope it warms up a little. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to start celebrations a little earlier to get the blood alcohol levels in the optimum range.
I love Savannah. Although I recently discovered I love Charleston, SC too.
That makes sense, there are a lot of similarities.  I also like both places a lot.
It's all about the food and charm. But mostly about the food.

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »

Are there any non-self serving politicians anymore? I thought the purpose was to serve the greater good of the general public.

Rant over. #CareerChangeImForRealzRunningForMayor
I think that was the original intent. It probably started going downhill as soon as they realized they could make money off it. It would be an interesting thing to research, when exactly politicians started selling their souls to the highest bidder.
sometime in the late 80's I would think....  it has to coincide with the cost of a successful run, being 5 times the annual salary of a local politician. good morning boys

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2017, 10:37:26 AM »

Good morning, Flip. And a belated happy birthday to ya.

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... Friday for me as I will be heading down to Savannah later this evening with bro#2. Hope it warms up a little. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to start celebrations a little earlier to get the blood alcohol levels in the optimum range.
I love Savannah. Although I recently discovered I love Charleston, SC too.
That makes sense, there are a lot of similarities.  I also like both places a lot.
It's all about the food and charm. But mostly about the food.
You sure? I don't know if I believe you.

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:28 AM »

In case you are having difficulty in finding a proper place for your Irish celebration tomorrow:

http://vinepair.com/articles/own-your-own-inflatable-irish-pub/
too cold, also the CB&C fest is Saturday this year.

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »

Tony - that meeting turn into an interview yesterday?

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2017, 10:41:43 AM »

G'Morning, Banter... Friday for me as I will be heading down to Savannah later this evening with bro#2. Hope it warms up a little. And if it doesn't, I'll just have to start celebrations a little earlier to get the blood alcohol levels in the optimum range.
I love Savannah. Although I recently discovered I love Charleston, SC too.
The two have a lot in common.

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »

Good morning, Flip. And a belated happy birthday to ya.
why thanks.

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »

Tony - that meeting turn into an interview yesterday?
Nope. It wound up being a "catching up". We were close enough that I had invited her to our wedding 18 years ago but lost touch soon after. She works for a healthcare provider now and if I see an opportunity on their website, I'll reach out to her again.

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »

Looks like Tobacco Haus narrowly slipped by this commie assault:

The city of New Braunfels, Texas will soon have a new smoking ban that applies to all indoor businesses, as the city council approved the ban at its meeting on Monday night.

The new ordinance prohibits smoking in all public places and places of employment within the city limits, though retail tobacco and vape shops did get an exemption. Additionally, the city has imposed a ban on smoking within five feet from the entrances, exits, operable windows, and ventilation systems of enclosed areas where smoking is prohibited, though the council did approve an amendment that exempts bars and restaurants from that requirement, according to a report by Herald-Zeitung.com.
Bunch of Zeitung smokin' Nazi's.

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2017, 11:38:38 AM »

Looks like Tobacco Haus narrowly slipped by this commie assault:

The city of New Braunfels, Texas will soon have a new smoking ban that applies to all indoor businesses, as the city council approved the ban at its meeting on Monday night.

The new ordinance prohibits smoking in all public places and places of employment within the city limits, though retail tobacco and vape shops did get an exemption. Additionally, the city has imposed a ban on smoking within five feet from the entrances, exits, operable windows, and ventilation systems of enclosed areas where smoking is prohibited, though the council did approve an amendment that exempts bars and restaurants from that requirement, according to a report by Herald-Zeitung.com.
Bunch of Zeitung smokin' Nazi's.
Gesundheit