CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017  (Read 18915 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: Presidents' Day - 2/20/2017
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2017, 01:44:54 PM »

I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
It took you a week to fix a toilet?  Union job or Bean instructions?
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Then you should have said that you were going to study today.  Can't let you write off the week for one half day's work....like you were trying to.  You have all afternoon to recover, so back to the books tomorrow.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2017, 01:58:17 PM »

I was supposed to be studying this week but instead I opted to fix the running toilet in the half bath. Finally done.
Today's only Monday, brah. That's how I opted to procrastinate today. Tomorrow I'll figure something else out. It did take me about 90 minutes though.
Then you should have said that you were going to study today.  Can't let you write off the week for one half day's work....like you were trying to.  You have all afternoon to recover, so back to the books tomorrow.
I'm an optimist.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »

I have 2 of those on my LONG LIST, could you take care of those for me?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »

one half days work, should have been one hour including break time.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »

The one upstairs leaks too but it's not easy to find the right stopper for it. I should just replace the toilet from 1932 because it's a huge waste of water.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »

90 minutes because I was on the phone bitchin' to a former colleague while I was working on it.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »

90 minutes because I was on the phone bitchin' to a former colleague while I was working on it.
LMAO

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »

The one upstairs leaks too but it's not easy to find the right stopper for it. I should just replace the toilet from 1932 because it's a huge waste of water.
Yeah, that toilet is older than Dean so about time to think about updating

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »

But it's original to the house. If I could find the right stopper, it'll be fine. I once bought one from a local hardware store and it lasted me about 8 years. He's still in business (barely) but doesn't stock those stoppers any longer. I should see if he could special order it for me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »

But it's original to the house. If I could find the right stopper, it'll be fine. I once bought one from a local hardware store and it lasted me about 8 years. He's still in business (barely) but doesn't stock those stoppers any longer. I should see if he could special order it for me.
My bad. Not stopper. I meant to say flapper.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2017, 03:41:33 PM »

one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Chit, add a screen door then put you a wood stove in there for the cool days and nights and a ceiling fan for summer and you will be set.

Edit:  add a comfy recliner.
going to do a rent to own screened building.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »

one shed is an old tin thing, the other is a custom shed, real nice but off in the back of the 1/2 acre lot.
Chit, add a screen door then put you a wood stove in there for the cool days and nights and a ceiling fan for summer and you will be set.

Instead of converting one of the sheds?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2017, 03:45:16 PM »

lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2017, 03:45:55 PM »

Instead of converting one of the sheds?
just found out the new shed is not mine to use.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2017, 04:04:46 PM »

lady just bought me a new queen size mattress, boxspring, and head/foot board. President's Day mattress sale came in handy. being delivered the day after I move in.
Don't be fooled. She bought it for herself. And wait 'til she finds out the redhead uses it too.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14