CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: 1/27/2017  (Read 23295 times)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/27/2017
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »

Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Conneticut, shade grown wrapper leaf.  they put tarps over the tobacco plants. (I originally misspelled
that as tarts - that was a picture!).
Would they then be considered infused?
The tarts or the tobacco leaves?

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »

ok folks, it's that magic time of the day where I get to say have a great weekend!

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2017, 04:43:14 PM »

Which Oliva would the Monte white be most like? Is there even a reasonable comparison?
I'd liken it to the Connie.  the Monte white always seemed to be a bit mild for my tastes.  the oliva has a bit more fullness to me.

Cool. That was what I suspected. I imagined that the Monte would be a little more bodied than a typical connie shade (whatever that is). I've also read that the Oliva is a little more towards the med side than the mild, for a connie. Some of the reviews on the usual vendors almost say it is a little too full for a connie. Based on feedback here and what I've read, I expect it will be just about right for me for a go-to. Can't wait 'till Tuesday!
Conneticut, shade grown wrapper leaf.  they put tarps over the tobacco plants. (I originally misspelled

Ah. Cool. I had no idea. THat's what keeps them more mild? Lack of direct light?

Also, finally a NICE day to be outside to have a cigar! Clear skies, about 70. Beautiful! Oliva G robusto just finished off. Nice.

I've been enjoying a lot of fuller cigars lately, but it's nice to just have something a little more mellow. I can handle the fuller ones, but they do kick it to me sometimes! Especially if not on a full stomach!

Did I mention I'm looking forward to these short Oliva connies showing up? Now all I need is a good deal on some more Gs! Haha. I see the tins of petite coronas up on the mash. I'll probably see how the connies are first...

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2017, 04:43:42 PM »

ok folks, it's that magic time of the day where I get to say have a great weekend!

Have a good weekend, Ss2!

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2017, 04:44:40 PM »

Over 200 posts already!....The shank is rolling.

Damn! I didn't even realize! Haha
hello one star!

Yes! I've had it since 100, though. Not sure when I'll get a second. 1000?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2017, 04:59:23 PM »

hello one star!

Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »

Got up close to 60 this afternoon and I figured out how to smoke cigars while power washing so got a good bit of smoking and cleaning done today.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »

Ah. Cool. I had no idea. THat's what keeps them more mild? Lack of direct light?

Also, finally a NICE day to be outside to have a cigar! Clear skies, about 70. Beautiful! Oliva G robusto just finished off. Nice.

I've been enjoying a lot of fuller cigars lately, but it's nice to just have something a little more mellow. I can handle the fuller ones, but they do kick it to me sometimes! Especially if not on a full stomach!

Did I mention I'm looking forward to these short Oliva connies showing up? Now all I need is a good deal on some more Gs! Haha. I see the tins of petite coronas up on the mash. I'll probably see how the connies are first...
Somebody has G's up pretty regularly

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »

Looks like a lot of big name golfers are going to miss the cut today.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2017, 05:09:56 PM »

Would they then be considered infused?
No, infusing happens during fermentation of the harvested leaf, when the leaf can absorb strong aromatics to which it is exposed. Shade growing just keeps the growing leaves thinner and more elastic. And the shade is created by a light, translucent fabric. So, it's not really shade, per se, but diffused light in which the tobacco is grown.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2017, 05:10:16 PM »

Time to pour me a glass of heart elixer. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »

Got up close to 60 this afternoon and I figured out how to smoke cigars while power washing so got a good bit of smoking and cleaning done today.
Afternoon, MultiTaskingTex.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »

the Olivia CR's are some really good connies, you should like them, nice change of pace or good first smoke of the day.  do not have one after a full bodied cigar.  much like have a dry red wine after a sweet white one. Just not done.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2017, 05:23:31 PM »

hello one star!

Only Tony knows for sure :)

Afternoon Shank

I think he makes it up as he goes.  8)
I was deserving of a star, so I got one. It would be cool to see a second show up at some arbitrary number, though.  Lie 217.  ???

How ya doin, Dave?

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2017, 05:25:27 PM »

the Olivia CR's are some really good connies, you should like them, nice change of pace or good first smoke of the day.  do not have one after a full bodied cigar.  much like have a dry red wine after a sweet white one. Just not done.

Yes! That's my plan. A good morning/afternoon /everyday cigar that is quality but not overpowering.  A daily full bodied is a bit much for me. I think I like the fuller smokes a couple times a week.   ;)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23