« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

Is this a trick question?

Ha. Nope. Just looking for the wisdom of folks that are familiar with more labels than me!
Most of the ones I have smoked are really not stellar deals, save for the La Traviata I mentioned, which seems pretty good.

btw, I enjoy the La Traviata as well. Mostly the little ninfas. That was a recommendation from Joe on the CI Banter a ways back. Now, I'd probably go with the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs as a preferred option for relatively the same price range (on sale). When the MCII papi chulos were going on deals, the best being a box of 50 for $60... those where a no brainer.
Other option would be taking a look at the auction sites....but they are also dangerous.

...and you could get outbid by someone you "thought" was a friend. AmIRight, Scott?
And SFish could be their name too!

It could, but I was referring to that Atlantic Rep DG of Ewing, NJ  ;)
That one also :)
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »

Hey, Sam... what's for the ride home?

« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2017, 03:21:34 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

Is this a trick question?

Ha. Nope. Just looking for the wisdom of folks that are familiar with more labels than me!
Most of the ones I have smoked are really not stellar deals, save for the La Traviata I mentioned, which seems pretty good.

btw, I enjoy the La Traviata as well. Mostly the little ninfas. That was a recommendation from Joe on the CI Banter a ways back. Now, I'd probably go with the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs as a preferred option for relatively the same price range (on sale). When the MCII papi chulos were going on deals, the best being a box of 50 for $60... those where a no brainer.
Other option would be taking a look at the auction sites....but they are also dangerous.

Ya. Easy to get carried away and overspend and overpay!
Does $1100 since Dec 1 count as overspending?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2017, 03:24:24 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

Is this a trick question?

Ha. Nope. Just looking for the wisdom of folks that are familiar with more labels than me!
Most of the ones I have smoked are really not stellar deals, save for the La Traviata I mentioned, which seems pretty good.

btw, I enjoy the La Traviata as well. Mostly the little ninfas. That was a recommendation from Joe on the CI Banter a ways back. Now, I'd probably go with the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs as a preferred option for relatively the same price range (on sale). When the MCII papi chulos were going on deals, the best being a box of 50 for $60... those where a no brainer.
Other option would be taking a look at the auction sites....but they are also dangerous.

Ya. Easy to get carried away and overspend and overpay!
Does $1100 since Dec 1 count as overspending?

Not sure... How many cigars was it?  ;D

Afternoon, BigSpender

« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2017, 03:24:55 PM »

Damn, had a small tornado up in Bean's County around lunch time.

« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2017, 03:26:57 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

Is this a trick question?

Ha. Nope. Just looking for the wisdom of folks that are familiar with more labels than me!
Most of the ones I have smoked are really not stellar deals, save for the La Traviata I mentioned, which seems pretty good.

btw, I enjoy the La Traviata as well. Mostly the little ninfas. That was a recommendation from Joe on the CI Banter a ways back. Now, I'd probably go with the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs as a preferred option for relatively the same price range (on sale). When the MCII papi chulos were going on deals, the best being a box of 50 for $60... those where a no brainer.
Other option would be taking a look at the auction sites....but they are also dangerous.

Ya. Easy to get carried away and overspend and overpay!
Does $1100 since Dec 1 count as overspending?
Not if the MSRP was at least $3300.

« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »

[...]

Hmmm...some were 1/3 of MSRP, others closer to half.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »

@Shank... Here's the Holt's email link that was just sent out. I haven't smoked any of these in awhile, but you had a couple on your list. 10/$30 w/free ship.

http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS011316&utm_content=FS011316
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2017, 03:35:42 PM »

@Shank... Here's the Holt's email link that was just sent out. I haven't smoked any of these in awhile, but you had a couple on your list. 10/$30 w/free ship.

http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS011316&utm_content=FS011316

Awesome. Thank you. I'm not set up with them yet and don't get there emails; I probably should fix that!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2017, 03:40:09 PM »

Tony, fyi looks like the weather has changed the kickoff time for the game Sunday....

http://m.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Chiefs-kickoff-time-changed/e61307ef-2ccf-49ec-bf25-cec93d0a06d8

« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2017, 03:40:38 PM »

[...]

Overspent then ;)

« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2017, 03:46:15 PM »

[...]

Can't have been by too much. Most of what I bought were due to your enablin'.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »

Hey, Sam... what's for the ride home?
not sure yet.  May try a Rocky Patel Short Run I got in a sampler from Holts.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

Is this a trick question?

Ha. Nope. Just looking for the wisdom of folks that are familiar with more labels than me!
Most of the ones I have smoked are really not stellar deals, save for the La Traviata I mentioned, which seems pretty good.

btw, I enjoy the La Traviata as well. Mostly the little ninfas. That was a recommendation from Joe on the CI Banter a ways back. Now, I'd probably go with the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs as a preferred option for relatively the same price range (on sale). When the MCII papi chulos were going on deals, the best being a box of 50 for $60... those where a no brainer.
Other option would be taking a look at the auction sites....but they are also dangerous.

Ya. Easy to get carried away and overspend and overpay!
Does $1100 since Dec 1 count as overspending?
Nope... Hi Raz!