CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: 1/13/2017  (Read 23009 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2017, 03:12:43 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

Is this a trick question?

Ha. Nope. Just looking for the wisdom of folks that are familiar with more labels than me!
Most of the ones I have smoked are really not stellar deals, save for the La Traviata I mentioned, which seems pretty good.

btw, I enjoy the La Traviata as well. Mostly the little ninfas. That was a recommendation from Joe on the CI Banter a ways back. Now, I'd probably go with the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs as a preferred option for relatively the same price range (on sale). When the MCII papi chulos were going on deals, the best being a box of 50 for $60... those where a no brainer.
Other option would be taking a look at the auction sites....but they are also dangerous.

...and you could get outbid by someone you "thought" was a friend. AmIRight, Scott?
And SFish could be their name too!

It could, but I was referring to that Atlantic Rep DG of Ewing, NJ  ;)
That one also :)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »

Hey, Sam... what's for the ride home?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2017, 03:21:34 PM »

Ha. Nope. Just looking for the wisdom of folks that are familiar with more labels than me!
Most of the ones I have smoked are really not stellar deals, save for the La Traviata I mentioned, which seems pretty good.

btw, I enjoy the La Traviata as well. Mostly the little ninfas. That was a recommendation from Joe on the CI Banter a ways back. Now, I'd probably go with the Surrogates Cracker Crumbs as a preferred option for relatively the same price range (on sale). When the MCII papi chulos were going on deals, the best being a box of 50 for $60... those where a no brainer.
Other option would be taking a look at the auction sites....but they are also dangerous.

Ya. Easy to get carried away and overspend and overpay!
Does $1100 since Dec 1 count as overspending?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2017, 03:24:24 PM »

Not sure... How many cigars was it?  ;D

Afternoon, BigSpender

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2017, 03:24:55 PM »

Damn, had a small tornado up in Bean's County around lunch time.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2017, 03:26:57 PM »

Not if the MSRP was at least $3300.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »

Hmmm...some were 1/3 of MSRP, others closer to half.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »

@Shank... Here's the Holt's email link that was just sent out. I haven't smoked any of these in awhile, but you had a couple on your list. 10/$30 w/free ship.

http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS011316&utm_content=FS011316

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2017, 03:35:42 PM »

@Shank... Here's the Holt's email link that was just sent out. I haven't smoked any of these in awhile, but you had a couple on your list. 10/$30 w/free ship.

http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS011316&utm_content=FS011316

Awesome. Thank you. I'm not set up with them yet and don't get there emails; I probably should fix that!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2017, 03:40:09 PM »

Tony, fyi looks like the weather has changed the kickoff time for the game Sunday....

http://m.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Chiefs-kickoff-time-changed/e61307ef-2ccf-49ec-bf25-cec93d0a06d8

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2017, 03:40:38 PM »

Overspent then ;)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2017, 03:46:15 PM »

Overspent then ;)
Can't have been by too much. Most of what I bought were due to your enablin'.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2017, 03:59:45 PM »

Hey, Sam... what's for the ride home?
not sure yet.  May try a Rocky Patel Short Run I got in a sampler from Holts.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »

Nope... Hi Raz!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20