« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2017, 01:23:05 PM »

I'm about half way done with this cigar. I took this photo a little earlier on. Despite the delicate and cracked wrapper and the shitty burn, this is a decent connie. Very flavorful. Vanilla and dried fruits notes. A tiny bit of white pepper on the retrohale. I probably didn't have it stored as well as I should have. It was in my portable humidor. I would definitely revisit this cigar.

It didn't get any prettier as it went along. Please note that I wasn't actually driving while smoking this. Therefore, it wasn't the wind that created this issue.

« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2017, 01:30:48 PM »

I'm about half way done with this cigar. I took this photo a little earlier on. Despite the delicate and cracked wrapper and the shitty burn, this is a decent connie. Very flavorful. Vanilla and dried fruits notes. A tiny bit of white pepper on the retrohale. I probably didn't have it stored as well as I should have. It was in my portable humidor. I would definitely revisit this cigar.

Ouch...really ought to add some humidification fluid to those humidors...and monitor humidity.  Just think how your cigars would burn and taste then.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?

« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper

I would agree if it was just the wrapper (cracking), but that 2nd pic looks like it is expanding under the wrapper... like it's too moist or hit an overpacked section of filler in the middle.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper

I would agree if it was just the wrapper (cracking), but that 2nd pic looks like it is expanding under the wrapper... like it's too moist or hit an overpacked section of filler in the middle.

Another reason could be that the storage was at a much cooler temerature and Tony is sitting in a car that's blasting a max heater while hot-boxing the shit out of it... because he rarely gets to smoke.  :P

« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper

I would agree if it was just the wrapper (cracking), but that 2nd pic looks like it is expanding under the wrapper... like it's too moist or hit an overpacked section of filler in the middle.

Another reason could be that the storage was at a much cooler temerature and Tony is sitting in a car that's blasting a max heater while hot-boxing the shit out of it... because he rarely gets to smoke.  :P
CNS, do you think he's sitting in his driveway...or would that be creepy?

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper

I would agree if it was just the wrapper (cracking), but that 2nd pic looks like it is expanding under the wrapper... like it's too moist or hit an overpacked section of filler in the middle.

Another reason could be that the storage was at a much cooler temerature and Tony is sitting in a car that's blasting a max heater while hot-boxing the shit out of it... because he rarely gets to smoke.  :P
CNS, do you think he's sitting in his driveway...or would that be creepy?
Hope he took the Xmas decoration box out of the car first, they won't take it back if it smells like cigar smoke.  8)
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper

I would agree if it was just the wrapper (cracking), but that 2nd pic looks like it is expanding under the wrapper... like it's too moist or hit an overpacked section of filler in the middle.

Another reason could be that the storage was at a much cooler temperature and Tony is sitting in a car that's blasting a max heater while hot-boxing the shit out of it... because he rarely gets to smoke.  :P
CNS, do you think he's sitting in his driveway...or would that be creepy?

I don't know that he could. From my understanding, if he was just sitting in the car, in his own driveway, someone would inevitably poke their head out of the house and tell him he needed to go run some type of errand instead of just sitting there. Now, sitting in his neighbors driveway... that's creepy. lol

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2017, 02:08:07 PM »

[...]

LALTS
Logged

shank

  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2017, 02:09:00 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I don't keep the portable in the car. And in all fairness, the Big Payback I smoked the other day was stored in the same place.

« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper
I actually do have humidification in the portable. Like I mentioned in the previous post, other cigars in there are fine. This Luminosa was in the celo before it was lit.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2017
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2017, 02:15:31 PM »

Alright. So what are the best deals on the page now????

Is this a trick question?

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2017, 02:15:53 PM »

Aren't es-ploding cigars because they are too moist? Can't be that because you said they were in a travel humi... which I think would have the opposite effect. Too humid in the car?
I always thought it was a "too dry" issue with the wrapper
I actually do have humidification in the portable. Like I mentioned in the previous post, other cigars in there are fine. This Luminosa was in the celo before it was lit.
Could just be shitty construction.