CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: 3/10/2017  (Read 13094 times)

Threebean

Re: 3/10/2017
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2017, 07:30:55 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Afternoon, Tex. Just got the call from my FFL that there's an AR556 waiting for me to pay the tax and transfer.
Sheesh, you only bought one?
Yes. Now I have two M4-style Carbines. I don't need any more of those. The next one will be something different. And I also have a motorcycle waiting for pickup with a $3K bill due. And I've now spent $2000 on firearms in 2017. So yes, dammit. I only bought one.
Wow, nice!!
Tex is right, though. If I hadn't already had a carbine, I'd have ordered two. That was a killer price.
Women don't understand. When something is good gotta get it because we know they do.
The words women and understand in the same sentence?  Surely you jest.
Not sure how women got involved in this discussion.
Rick's fault.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Afternoon, Tex. Just got the call from my FFL that there's an AR556 waiting for me to pay the tax and transfer.
Yes. Now I have two M4-style Carbines. I don't need any more of those. The next one will be something different. And I also have a motorcycle waiting for pickup with a $3K bill due. And I've now spent $2000 on firearms in 2017. So yes, dammit. I only bought one.
Wow, nice!!
Tex is right, though. If I hadn't already had a carbine, I'd have ordered two. That was a killer price.
Women don't understand. When something is good gotta get it because we know they do.
Rick's fault.
As I've said before, the conventional wisdom doesn't apply to my wife. Other than groceries and thrift stores, she doesn't shop...not for shoes, clothes, home decor, wine, cars, purses, whatever. If she gripes, I have to remind her that she makes 1/8 of the household income and works six hours a day. That doesn't always stop her griping at me, but it definitely mitigates it.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2017, 07:59:28 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Wow, nice!!
Rick's fault.
As I've said before, the conventional wisdom doesn't apply to my wife. Other than groceries and thrift stores, she doesn't shop...not for shoes, clothes, home decor, wine, cars, purses, whatever. If she gripes, I have to remind her that she makes 1/8 of the household income and works six hours a day. That doesn't always stop her griping at me, but it definitely mitigates it.
That could have you seriously hurt. Tell her I love you no matter how much you want to say otherwise and you won't die a slow painful death.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Wow, nice!!
Rick's fault.
That could have you seriously hurt. Tell her I love you no matter how much you want to say otherwise and you won't die a slow painful death.
Marriage is a slow, painful death. ;-)

Nah, seriously she hasn't griped at me about a purchase since the misunderstanding about the new Harley. That was August.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

That's good. Treat them well and good things will come in return is a good policy.

Threebean

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Wow, nice!!
Rick's fault.

Nah, seriously she hasn't griped at me about a purchase since the misunderstanding about the new Harley. That was August.
"misunderstanding about the Harley".  Haha, I know that of which you speak. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2017, 09:06:16 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Wow, nice!!
Rick's fault.

"misunderstanding about the Harley "Boat".  Haha, I know that of which you speak.
Now I know of which you speak, but a simple GFY and she clearly understood my position.

Threebean

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Wow, nice!!
Rick's fault.

"misunderstanding about the Harley "Boat".  Haha, I know that of which you speak.
Now I know of which you speak, but a simple GFY and she clearly understood my position.
You're going to put the marriage counseling business out of business with your simple, easily applied solution. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]