Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2017, 07:30:55 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Afternoon, Tex. Just got the call from my FFL that there's an AR556 waiting for me to pay the tax and transfer.
Sheesh, you only bought one?
Yes. Now I have two M4-style Carbines. I don't need any more of those. The next one will be something different. And I also have a motorcycle waiting for pickup with a $3K bill due. And I've now spent $2000 on firearms in 2017. So yes, dammit. I only bought one.
Wow, nice!!
Tex is right, though. If I hadn't already had a carbine, I'd have ordered two. That was a killer price.
Women don't understand. When something is good gotta get it because we know they do.
The words women and understand in the same sentence?  Surely you jest.
Not sure how women got involved in this discussion.
Rick's fault.

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »

Anybody Home?
This ain't home.

Afternoon, Tex. Just got the call from my FFL that there's an AR556 waiting for me to pay the tax and transfer.
Sheesh, you only bought one?
Yes. Now I have two M4-style Carbines. I don't need any more of those. The next one will be something different. And I also have a motorcycle waiting for pickup with a $3K bill due. And I've now spent $2000 on firearms in 2017. So yes, dammit. I only bought one.
Wow, nice!!
Tex is right, though. If I hadn't already had a carbine, I'd have ordered two. That was a killer price.
Women don't understand. When something is good gotta get it because we know they do.
The words women and understand in the same sentence?  Surely you jest.
Not sure how women got involved in this discussion.
Rick's fault.
As I've said before, the conventional wisdom doesn't apply to my wife. Other than groceries and thrift stores, she doesn't shop...not for shoes, clothes, home decor, wine, cars, purses, whatever. If she gripes, I have to remind her that she makes 1/8 of the household income and works six hours a day. That doesn't always stop her griping at me, but it definitely mitigates it.

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2017, 07:59:28 PM »

[...]

That could have you seriously hurt. Tell her I love you no matter how much you want to say otherwise and you won't die a slow painful death.

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »

[...]

Marriage is a slow, painful death. ;-)

Nah, seriously she hasn't griped at me about a purchase since the misunderstanding about the new Harley. That was August.

« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

That's good. Treat them well and good things will come in return is a good policy.

« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »

[...]

"misunderstanding about the Harley".  Haha, I know that of which you speak.

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2017, 09:06:16 PM »

[...]

"misunderstanding about the Harley "Boat".  Haha, I know that of which you speak.
Now I know of which you speak, but a simple GFY and she clearly understood my position.

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »

[...]

You're going to put the marriage counseling business out of business with your simple, easily applied solution.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]