Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2022, 02:05:46 PM »

The real question of the day though - which Wordle answer did you get? The original one, like I did, or the one they replaced it with that was less "newsworthy", like my wife?
#324?  I got it on the 3rd guess. I wasn't aware there was controversy.
Controversy might be too strong a word, but it was changed from something that has been in the news an awful lot the last week or so.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/york-times-changes-wordle-answer-135338929.html
I keep the game open in a tab in my phone's browser, whereas my wife searches for it every day. Apparently, my way has the tendency of not taking updates as well, which also happened several months ago with another word I can't remember at the moment.
In fact, we only found out there was a change when she sent me her grid, and it showed her second guess had the first 2 and last 2 letters green. I asked her what the hell she guessed that would've fit there, since it didn't make much sense with my solution.
I keep it open in a browser on the phone as well, but usually I hit refresh, so maybe that's the difference.  I got the final two letters correct on the first try, on the second I tried something from anatomy and got the first and third letters correct. So then I guessed something pertaining to some spectra of electromagnetic energy, and that did the trick.

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2022, 02:21:06 PM »

#324?  I got it on the 3rd guess. I wasn't aware there was controversy.
[...]

The wife also got it in 3 guesses, but she got the first two letters initially, then all but the middle using the past tense of the eventual solution, if describing it as a verb.

Mine was slightly more difficult, IMFO, but I got it in 4 guesses.

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2022, 02:21:37 PM »

The real question of the day though - which Wordle answer did you get? The original one, like I did, or the one they replaced it with that was less "newsworthy", like my wife?
What?!? They can do that? I haven't done it yet so I guess I'll be doing the latter.

Edit:
Let's discuss it tomorrow.

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2022, 02:21:40 PM »

Hazzuh!

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2022, 02:22:44 PM »

The real question of the day though - which Wordle answer did you get? The original one, like I did, or the one they replaced it with that was less "newsworthy", like my wife?
What?!? They can do that? I haven't done it yet so I guess I'll be doing the latter.
Apparently, the game itself already had solutions programmed in for quite a while by the original creator. This particular word was already in there last year.

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2022, 03:18:26 PM »

Deleted by the site's administrator.
Surprised we only have 4 regulars with as easy as it apparently is to create an account.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 5/9/2022
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2022, 03:18:50 PM »

POSTED  ;D

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2022, 03:37:19 PM »

Deleted by the site's administrator.
Surprised we only have 4 regulars with as easy as it apparently is to create an account.
I purposely did that to attract more people to post but I might have to tighten the rules seeing that no one new is posting anyway.

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2022, 04:21:31 PM »

The real question of the day though - which Wordle answer did you get? The original one, like I did, or the one they replaced it with that was less "newsworthy", like my wife?
What?!? They can do that? I haven't done it yet so I guess I'll be doing the latter.
Apparently, the game itself already had solutions programmed in for quite a while by the original creator. This particular word was already in there last year.
Now I understand what happened. But again, let's talk about his tomorrow so that we don't ruin it for anyone.

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2022, 07:07:56 PM »

The real question of the day though - which Wordle answer did you get? The original one, like I did, or the one they replaced it with that was less "newsworthy", like my wife?
What?!? They can do that? I haven't done it yet so I guess I'll be doing the latter.
Apparently, the game itself already had solutions programmed in for quite a while by the original creator. This particular word was already in there last year.
Now I understand what happened. But again, let's talk about his tomorrow so that we don't ruin it for anyone.
I'm gonna ruin it for the bots anyways. Lol

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2022, 07:53:21 PM »

Survived another Monday!

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2022, 08:55:36 PM »

Survived another Monday!
Must be tough.

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2022, 09:06:14 PM »

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2022, 09:19:54 PM »

Perdomo 10th Anniversary Sungrown

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]