CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on May 31, 2016, 12:00:01 AM

Title: 5/31/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on May 31, 2016, 12:00:01 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 05:02:10 AM
Doncha just hate Mondays when they're Tuesdays?
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 05:04:16 AM
But we do have a jam.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 05:04:38 AM
Off to the friendly skies.  Have a good one all.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 05:28:52 AM
Good morning and good bye Dave, have a smooth flight.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 05:30:02 AM
Only a 2-day week for me this week.  Retirement practice.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 05:30:36 AM
Jamming and Mashing Tuesday!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 05:52:13 AM
Time to go to work, BBL slackers.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 06:52:08 AM
Good morning and good bye Dave, have a smooth flight.
Morning TexDave. I'll wave as I fly over.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: sfish on May 31, 2016, 06:56:53 AM
Good morning and good bye Dave, have a smooth flight.
Morning TexDave. I'll wave as I fly over.
Good morning Dave
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 07:34:38 AM
Morning Fish
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 07:35:19 AM
Good morning and good bye Dave, have a smooth flight.
Morning TexDave. I'll wave as I fly over.
Hope you don't have to make a water landing in Houston, half the damn county is underwater.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 07:50:16 AM
Bean News for Tuesday, May 31:

Johnny Manziel found in obvious place after reportedly being missing

It's not quite "Amazing Grace," but Johnny Manziel has apparently been found after reportedly going missing.
And he was spotted in the likely place one would find Manziel: A nightclub in the wee hours of the morning.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Johnny-Manziel-found-in-obvious-place-after-7953227.php

Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 07:52:57 AM
Baylor AD resigns after school announces new interim football coach

Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 31, 2016, 08:02:18 AM
Doncha just hate Mondays when they're Tuesdays?
no, I love Mondays.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 31, 2016, 08:02:58 AM
Only a 2-day week for me this week.  Retirement practice.
you're learning.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 31, 2016, 08:04:17 AM
good morning Dave, Dave, and Scott. RP Sun Grown corona and coffee here.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 08:05:28 AM
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 08:07:34 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: sfish on May 31, 2016, 08:12:17 AM
good morning Dave, Dave, and Scott. RP Sun Grown corona and coffee here.
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: sfish on May 31, 2016, 08:13:51 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
What exactly is a fuct up coffee situation?
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 31, 2016, 08:19:44 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
What exactly is a fuct up coffee situation?
yeah, exactly.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 08:33:15 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
What exactly is a fuct up coffee situation?
The damn larger coffee maker would not work so could not make me a large go-cup for the drive in could only use the Keurig.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 08:35:43 AM
Guess not many people are working this week, downtown Austin is like a ghost town compared to normal.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 31, 2016, 08:51:18 AM
Police in South Florida were called to a gruesome scene: a pair of alligators eating a human body in the Everglades on Monday night.

The Sun Sentinel reports that Davie Police Capt. Dale Engle says the body found Sunday in Southwest Ranches, about 20 miles west of Fort Lauderdale, appears to have been at the location for a long time. The body was first spotted by a pair of fishermen.

Engle says officers were able to scare the alligators away from the body but the two lingered as officers tried to recover the body. Officers armed with AR-15s stood guarded the recovery teams at the scene.

“We want to identify who the victim is and possibly figure out what happened to them and how did the end up here? Sgt. Pablo Castaneda of Davie Police asked. “Could it be homicide? Could it be suicide? Could it have involved a fisherman? We don’t know.”
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:01:01 AM
At the Page Today:

45% Off Oliva
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:17:15 AM
Well no traffic downtown but I can see a wreck on I-35 downtown in the highest traffic volume area on that entire Interstate has the southbound side closed so traffic will be backed up for Miles and Miles and Miles.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on May 31, 2016, 09:21:31 AM
I'm venturing forth to see what kind of trouble I can get into. late guys.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:22:53 AM
I'm venturing forth to see what kind of trouble I can get into. late guys.
Later Dean
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:31:36 AM
Markets Open

DOW    +22 @ 17,895
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 09:42:08 AM
Bean News for Tuesday, May 31:

Johnny Manziel found in obvious place after reportedly being missing

It's not quite "Amazing Grace," but Johnny Manziel has apparently been found after reportedly going missing.
And he was spotted in the likely place one would find Manziel: A nightclub in the wee hours of the morning.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Johnny-Manziel-found-in-obvious-place-after-7953227.php
it was either that, or a church "tent revival meeting", right?
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:42:59 AM
Morning Flip
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 09:43:12 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
did the wife toss your favorite coffee things in the dumpster? You know down sizing and all.  8)
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 09:46:31 AM
Police in South Florida were called to a gruesome scene: a pair of alligators eating a human body in the Everglades on Monday night.

The Sun Sentinel reports that Davie Police Capt. Dale Engle says the body found Sunday in Southwest Ranches, about 20 miles west of Fort Lauderdale, appears to have been at the location for a long time. The body was first spotted by a pair of fishermen.

Engle says officers were able to scare the alligators away from the body but the two lingered as officers tried to recover the body. Officers armed with AR-15s stood guarded the recovery teams at the scene.

“We want to identify who the victim is and possibly figure out what happened to them and how did the end up here? Sgt. Pablo Castaneda of Davie Police asked. “Could it be homicide? Could it be suicide? Could it have involved a fisherman? We don’t know.”
Mighta been the whiskey, might-a been the gin.
Could-a been the three or four six packs, I don't know,
But won't you look at the mess I'm in?
Wasn't that a party,  :o
 have't sung that in karaoke in a good long time...
oh by the way, good morning boys....
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:47:20 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
did the wife toss your favorite coffee hings in the dumpster? You know down sizing and all.  8)
I don't know what the deal is, looked like all the coffee equipment was still in place but for some reason it did not work........  We did fill the dumpster over the weekend though and much to my surprise once she got involved in it she did pretty good.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 09:53:25 AM
Morning Flip
morning TR,
My youngest brother, his wife and one of his boys(the other is in some college
 world series of baseball this week), are in
town, to see my Mom, we spent time, with them all on Sunday, and
I went back Monday with a bunch of cigars (half gurkhas), for him and the boys.
youngest likes mild , so there was a 5 pack of Beautys in the box.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 09:55:57 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
did the wife toss your favorite coffee hings in the dumpster? You know down sizing and all.  8)
I don't know what the deal is, looked like all the coffee equipment was still in place but for some reason it did not work........  We did fill the dumpster over the weekend though and much to my surprise once she got involved in it she did pretty good.
that sounds encouraging.  my wife would fill a dumpster with my paperwork and stuff in
a heartbeat.  Now if I suggest we get rid of some of her China dolls, or candles, I would be sleeping
with the fishes.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 10:06:37 AM
Coffee situation at my house was fuct up for some reason this morning so I need another cup, taking my morning walk to Larazza today.
did the wife toss your favorite coffee hings in the dumpster? You know down sizing and all.  8)
I don't know what the deal is, looked like all the coffee equipment was still in place but for some reason it did not work........  We did fill the dumpster over the weekend though and much to my surprise once she got involved in it she did pretty good.
that sounds encouraging.  my wife would fill a dumpster with my paperwork and stuff in
a heartbeat.  Now if I suggest we get rid of some of her China dolls, or candles, I would be sleeping
with the fishes.
Paperwork was a big issue, she takes care of the filing of all things important and we had a heavy duty legal size 4-drawer filing cabinet stuffed as tight as it could possibly be and then some full of files.  I got her to start working on thinning it a year ago and a few months back she said she had it done.  Saturday I opened it up and it was still about 75% full so I started looking through stuff and had a shit-fit about it.  Holy crap one thing that stuck in my mind was the statements for Blue Cross insurance claims and payments all the way back to 2005 and another was probably 12" of files for our parents estates, both of which have been all completed and distributed for over 5 years and in the case of mine over 12 years.    I pulled all the crap out piled it on the floor, got a plastic tub like my cigar tubs out and told here she could keep what would fit in there.  Meanwhile I took that damn big filing cabinet out and put it in the dumpster.  Done, she got what was really necessary into that tub with some room left over.   It will forever be a never ending battle with her over all the junk.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 10:13:02 AM
Good morning, boys. Taking it easy today. Gonna try out the new grill a little later and then I have to work the concession stand for a few hours later this evening (kids, sheesh).
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 10:23:11 AM
Good morning, boys. Taking it easy today. Gonna try out the new grill a little later and then I have to work the concession stand for a few hours later this evening (kids, sheesh).
you are selling your kids at a concession stand this evening?  Maybe you are working at a school
bazaar or some such item.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 10:28:15 AM
Good morning, boys. Taking it easy today. Gonna try out the new grill a little later and then I have to work the concession stand for a few hours later this evening (kids, sheesh).
Morning Mayor, good you are getting a day off to try out the grill, hope you have it all put together by now!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 10:36:24 AM
Good morning, boys. Taking it easy today. Gonna try out the new grill a little later and then I have to work the concession stand for a few hours later this evening (kids, sheesh).
you are selling your kids at a concession stand this evening?  Maybe you are working at a school
bazaar or some such item.
I wish. Parents have to "volunteer" at the concession stand for 4hours for each kid playing baseball. So I'll be in there with the warden the entire time. God help me.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 10:38:36 AM
Good morning, boys. Taking it easy today. Gonna try out the new grill a little later and then I have to work the concession stand for a few hours later this evening (kids, sheesh).
you are selling your kids at a concession stand this evening?  Maybe you are working at a school
bazaar or some such item.
I wish. Parents have to "volunteer" at the concession stand for 4hours for each kid playing baseball. So I'll be in there with the warden the entire time. God help me.
Been there dun that - God Help You!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 10:38:59 AM
Good morning, boys. Taking it easy today. Gonna try out the new grill a little later and then I have to work the concession stand for a few hours later this evening (kids, sheesh).
Morning Mayor, good you are getting a day off to try out the grill, hope you have it all put together by now!
It was mostly assembled when I bought it. All done now.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 10:44:09 AM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: razgueado on May 31, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 11:07:40 AM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Now I don't look at Harbor Freight as shopping that is on the entertainment list for me.  I would go more often but there are two of them here and both a drive from hell away from me.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 11:07:55 AM
Morning Razmundos
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 11:12:14 AM
I am ready for lunch and it is not even close to time for that yet! :(
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 11:14:34 AM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
they had a good coupon for a 10 X 10 popup for $either $49 or $69.  they have good cheap paint brushes,
I buy them, when they go on sale, even bought a drain cleaning machine, and a tool bench from them.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 11:17:08 AM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Now I don't look at Harbor Freight as shopping that is on the entertainment list for me.  I would go more often but there are two of them here and both a drive from hell away from me.
The one I would go to is practically around the corner. Could definitely walk there if I were so inclined.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 11:27:37 AM
Nota Bene:  As a form of convenience, I put my propane torch lighter and XiKar cutter, in my eight count herf-a-dor,
so they are always with me, I also keep a humidity stick(with the gel) in there, plus several cigars.  I end up taking another lighter along, since they always seem to fail on me.  well I hadn't recharged the stick, the crystals went back to being hard and noisy, when shaken.  brought the herf-a-dor to my youngest brother, and gave him my next to newest lighter that still worked.  explained how my pockets were full of lighters (there were 4 in the herf-a-dor), and proceeded to show him how they all would fail.  Damned if every one of them lit, first time, with no problems.  My brother said, keeping them in the humidity, probably was not that good for them.  he got a lotus, and I tossed a CI logo'ed xikar impress to my son-in-law.  still had two good ones in my pockets(Rockwell, and a Bugatti).
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 11:36:51 AM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Now I don't look at Harbor Freight as shopping that is on the entertainment list for me.  I would go more often but there are two of them here and both a drive from hell away from me.
The one I would go to is practically around the corner. Could definitely walk there if I were so inclined.
but it is uphill on the way back home, take the car, or buy something with wheels.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 11:37:05 AM
232 Days
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 11:37:47 AM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Now I don't look at Harbor Freight as shopping that is on the entertainment list for me.  I would go more often but there are two of them here and both a drive from hell away from me.
The one I would go to is practically around the corner. Could definitely walk there if I were so inclined.
but it is uphill on the way back home, take the car, or buy something with wheels.
Something like a wheelbarrow to push his ass back up the hill in?
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 11:38:32 AM
Not sure if Harbor Freight is gonna happen today. Time to start considering lunch.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 11:45:00 AM
Not sure if Harbor Freight is gonna happen today. Time to start considering lunch.
I have already finished considering lunch now waiting on time to eat lunch!   Just brought a sandwich from home today.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 11:48:17 AM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 11:55:40 AM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 12:39:11 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
i insisted that we cancel landscaping service, over a year ago, bought a lawn mower.
was willing to pay my daughter $20 to mow the lawn.  she complained, said I paid $28 to landscaper,
told her, they had their own mower & trimmer.  they haven't been yelling at me to mow the lawn, they just
pay the landscaper, while I am at work.  not from my pocket, so I haven't said boo!.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on May 31, 2016, 12:39:17 PM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Let's go shopping!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 12:43:46 PM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Let's go shopping!
Figured you were going gorilla hunting.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 12:55:12 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
i insisted that we cancel landscaping service, over a year ago, bought a lawn mower.
was willing to pay my daughter $20 to mow the lawn.  she complained, said I paid $28 to landscaper,
told her, they had their own mower & trimmer.  they haven't been yelling at me to mow the lawn, they just
pay the landscaper, while I am at work.  not from my pocket, so I haven't said boo!.
Had a lawn service for years but the old guy that operated it turned it over to his nephew and the quality went to chit fast.  They about totally screwed up my grass in the front so I got rid of them and just went back to doing it myself.  Looks a whole bunch better now too.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 12:56:46 PM
Lunch completed, next event is to go home in 3 hours.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 12:57:56 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
I was going to mow yesterday afternoon but started drinking earlier than planned so mowing had to wait.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 01:04:26 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
I was going to mow yesterday afternoon but started drinking earlier than planned so mowing had to wait.
Never mow the lawn on a national Holiday.
Did it stop raining long enough in Texas for you to mow at all?
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 01:07:02 PM
Not sure if Harbor Freight is gonna happen today. Time to start considering lunch.
The White Castle, is on the way to harbour freight,
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 01:12:36 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
I was going to mow yesterday afternoon but started drinking earlier than planned so mowing had to wait.
Never mow the lawn on a national Holiday.
Did it stop raining long enough in Texas for you to mow at all?
Yes, the sun came out around noon yesterday at my house and dried things up pretty quick.
But, it is very questionable if it will stay dry until I get home today.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 01:29:39 PM
Not sure if Harbor Freight is gonna happen today. Time to start considering lunch.
The White Castle, is on the way to harbour freight,
Onions on a Bun resembling a burger.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 01:55:03 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
I was going to mow yesterday afternoon but started drinking earlier than planned so mowing had to wait.
Never mow the lawn on a national Holiday.
Did it stop raining long enough in Texas for you to mow at all?
Yes, the sun came out around noon yesterday at my house and dried things up pretty quick.
But, it is very questionable if it will stay dry until I get home today.
Cr@p, raining at my house now.  Damn weatherman said it would not start until after 5:00 this evening.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on May 31, 2016, 02:11:12 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
I was going to mow yesterday afternoon but started drinking earlier than planned so mowing had to wait.
Never mow the lawn on a national Holiday.
Did it stop raining long enough in Texas for you to mow at all?
Yes, the sun came out around noon yesterday at my house and dried things up pretty quick.
But, it is very questionable if it will stay dry until I get home today.
Cr@p, raining at my house now.  Damn weatherman said it would not start until after 5:00 this evening.
and you thought, they might get it right, why?
The only parts of the weather report i believe are Sunrise and Sunset, and maybe high and low
tides, they get that stuff from a table.  everything else they just make up/guess at.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 02:16:58 PM
I've got to mow today too. Bought a new trimmer/edger yesterday also.
And so do I have to do that today if it does not rain before I get home.
I was going to mow yesterday afternoon but started drinking earlier than planned so mowing had to wait.
Never mow the lawn on a national Holiday.
Did it stop raining long enough in Texas for you to mow at all?
Yes, the sun came out around noon yesterday at my house and dried things up pretty quick.
But, it is very questionable if it will stay dry until I get home today.
Cr@p, raining at my house now.  Damn weatherman said it would not start until after 5:00 this evening.
and you thought, they might get it right, why?
The only parts of the weather report i believe are Sunrise and Sunset, and maybe high and low
tides, they get that stuff from a table.  everything else they just make up/guess at.
I was drinking and did not want to stop and mow so was sure they were right.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on May 31, 2016, 02:22:01 PM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Let's go shopping!
Figured you were going gorilla hunting.
Tragic all around.  Where the parents were during all this I don't know.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 02:24:06 PM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Let's go shopping!
Figured you were going gorilla hunting.
Tragic all around.  Where the parents were during all this I don't know.
Tragic all the way is certainly right.  I was not there but seems like that was probably the only alternative.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on May 31, 2016, 02:34:38 PM
I'm still in a "shopping" mood. May head over to Harbor Freight to see what they've got. They opened up a year ago and I still haven't been in there.
Let's go shopping!
Figured you were going gorilla hunting.
Tragic all around.  Where the parents were during all this I don't know.
Tragic all the way is certainly right.  I was not there but seems like that was probably the only alternative.
Adult gorillas have an interest in offspring.  Also respond to any novelty in their environment.  Probably just curious.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on May 31, 2016, 02:36:45 PM
Not sure if Harbor Freight is gonna happen today. Time to start considering lunch.
The White Castle, is on the way to harbour freight,
Don't forget the onion chips.  Do White Castle once a year or so.  Started out as a flattened meatball on a dinner roll.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 02:41:58 PM
I am soooooo ready to go home!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 02:56:14 PM
Oh Crap, hope there are no serious hurricanes this season!

Obama: Government Ready For Hurricane Season
May 31, 2016 1:14 PM

 President Obama said Tuesday the government is prepared for the hurricane season that opens on Wednesday, and the American people should be ready as well.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Short stack on May 31, 2016, 03:01:38 PM
Oh Crap, hope there are no serious hurricanes this season!

Obama: Government Ready For Hurricane Season
May 31, 2016 1:14 PM

 President Obama said Tuesday the government is prepared for the hurricane season that opens on Wednesday, and the American people should be ready as well.
/Oh crap think I am going back to Charlotte,Isis  is a B team in his mind
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 03:03:46 PM
Oh Crap, hope there are no serious hurricanes this season!

Obama: Government Ready For Hurricane Season
May 31, 2016 1:14 PM

 President Obama said Tuesday the government is prepared for the hurricane season that opens on Wednesday, and the American people should be ready as well.
/Oh crap think I am going back to Charlotte,Isis  is a B team in his mind
Amen!
As messed up as their Bonnie Forecasts were I guess they were not yet prepared but don't worry they are prepared today.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Short stack on May 31, 2016, 03:09:37 PM
Oh Crap, hope there are no serious hurricanes this season!

Obama: Government Ready For Hurricane Season
May 31, 2016 1:14 PM

 President Obama said Tuesday the government is prepared for the hurricane season that opens on Wednesday, and the American people should be ready as well.
/Oh crap think I am going back to Charlotte,Isis  is a B team in his mind
Amen!
As messed up as their Bonnie Forecasts were I guess they were not yet prepared but don't worry they are prepared today.
That was a cluster f by the weathe folks Texas had much more rain than coastal SC and the good thing was guests ran for cover here
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 03:11:00 PM
Oh Crap, hope there are no serious hurricanes this season!

Obama: Government Ready For Hurricane Season
May 31, 2016 1:14 PM

 President Obama said Tuesday the government is prepared for the hurricane season that opens on Wednesday, and the American people should be ready as well.
/Oh crap think I am going back to Charlotte,Isis  is a B team in his mind
Amen!
As messed up as their Bonnie Forecasts were I guess they were not yet prepared but don't worry they are prepared today.
That was a cluster f by the weathe folks Texas had much more rain than coastal SC and the good thing was guests ran for cover here
And the track was off by 100+ miles about 3 different times once it was within 50 miles of the coast line.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 03:44:31 PM
I am heading home a little early to hopefully mow the grass before it rains again.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 03:45:24 PM
DOW closes in 15 minutes but current status is -91 @ 17,782
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 04:05:14 PM
DOW closes in 15 minutes but current status is -91 @ 17,782
It's not supposed to be going in that direction...
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 04:06:39 PM
Just arrived at the hotel, think I'll have a commie coffee from Sbucks with a cigar and wait for the bar to open at 5:00
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 04:56:02 PM
Just arrived at the hotel, think I'll have a commie coffee from Sbucks with a cigar and wait for the bar to open at 5:00
Good plan if you can't get a drink now.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 04:57:15 PM
No mowing today, raining like a mofo!  1/2" of rain in the last hour at my house.  Plenty of thundering and lightning too.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 05:59:11 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 06:42:38 PM
SHEESH!
Indeed.  Off to get some dinner.  Then a few Modelo's, cigar and tequila for the evening.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 07:07:54 PM
SHEESH!
Indeed.  Off to get some dinner.  Then a few Modelo's, cigar and tequila for the evening.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 08:40:13 PM
Overpriced Papas Fritas have been up for 90 minutes and not sold out.  Wow!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 08:55:05 PM
Overpriced Papas Fritas have been up for 90 minutes and not sold out.  Wow!
Lasted 106 minutes, unbelievable.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 08:58:36 PM
Bloom is off the rose...at least at that price.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 09:07:11 PM
Guess they gave up on E's for good in the alphabet.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:09:18 PM
Guess they gave up on E's for good in the alphabet.
I gave up on the alphabets about a year ago.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 09:10:12 PM
What sort of interesting dinner did you find Dave?  Chinese Buffet?
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 10:07:05 PM
That concession stand duty fuckin' sucked aardvark ass. I'm exhausted from making churros and pretzels for the last 4 hours in a room that was about 120☀️.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on May 31, 2016, 10:21:09 PM
That concession stand duty fuckin' sucked aardvark ass. I'm exhausted from making churros and pretzels for the last 4 hours in a room that was about 120☀️.
LMFAO, it is hell
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on May 31, 2016, 10:26:13 PM
That concession stand duty fuckin' sucked aardvark ass. I'm exhausted from making churros and pretzels for the last 4 hours in a room that was about 120☀️.
LMFAO, it is hell
I would have opted out and paid the $50 per kid charge... But when you leave shit up to the wife...
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 11:09:18 PM
What sort of interesting dinner did you find Dave?  Chinese Buffet?
No, but plenty of other opportunities to keep me regular.  Had empinadas and grilled shrimp.
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 11:10:18 PM
That concession stand duty fuckin' sucked aardvark ass. I'm exhausted from making churros and pretzels for the last 4 hours in a room that was about 120☀️.
Yea, I miss those concession stand days....not!
Title: Re: 5/31/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on May 31, 2016, 11:11:01 PM
Couple of Herradura Reposados will have me sleeping well.  Nite all.