CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 02, 2017, 12:00:46 AM

Title: 10/2/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on October 02, 2017, 12:00:46 AM
Monday again, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 05:58:48 AM
And here we are again. Good morning, fellas.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 06:20:04 AM
Morning Mayor, not such a good morning though.

At least TWENTY dead and 100 injured after gunman opens fire with hundreds of rounds on music festival from 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay hotel: Suspect killed as police hunt female Asian 'companion'

The victims were slain at both the Route 91 Harvest festival and the Mandalay Bay hotel just over the road

Witnesses reported automatic gunfire coming from the hotel onto the festival and police cars below
Police said one shooter was 'down'; at around 12:38am they said they believed there were no more shooters

People listening to police scanners said that shooter was killed in a room on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay

The Strip is closed down but flights from the city's McCarran International Airport are reopening

Musician Jason Aldean was performing when the gunfire began; he and his team are confirmed safe

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4939872/Active-shooter-reported-Las-Vegas-Mandalay-Bay-Resort.html#ixzz4uLQhmUfF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 06:34:08 AM
Jamming Monday!

Rocky Patel The Edge Toro Corojo

5/$27.50

Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 06:34:25 AM
[...]

I saw that. Sad indeed. But I waited for you to post it because you are used to being the bearer of bad news.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 06:41:34 AM
[...]

I slept late this morning so late with the overnight news but that is a terrible event.

Sheriff just named the shooter and he is my age and from the local area.  They were looking for a female of interest and have found her according to the sheriff .

Now over 50 dead and over 200 wounded according to the sheriffs statement.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 02, 2017, 06:49:27 AM
[...]

Hard to believe.  Not the kind of news you want to wake up to.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 02, 2017, 06:51:10 AM
Morning CarolinaDave and UNTony.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 06:52:24 AM
Morning CarolinaDave and UNTony.
Morning Travellin Man
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 07:13:26 AM
Morning CarolinaDave and UNTony.
Good morning, JerseyDave. Although I'm still waiting for the "good" part. Don't think I'm gonna find it on the jam.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:22:28 AM
Jamming Monday!

Rocky Patel The Edge Toro Corojo

5/$27.50
Looks like we have reached the bottom, my last regular update today.

5 Vegas Gold Double Nickel (Box-Press)
10/$24.99
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:26:02 AM
Another Not Free AB Day at the Sister, should have just stuuck with the 404's!

That said they have a good price on the cute little AB Table lighters, I have one of those and use it on occasion, works good.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:37:34 AM
A little Fuk'n going back to Debbie Bad-Hair Schultz and friends.

Oct. 1 marks the start of the new federal fiscal year and one major government program is without new funding.

Funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), once known as SCHIP, has not been extended by Congress. The program, which provides federal funding to states to ensure all children are able to receive basic healthcare, is known for something else by many cigar smokers.

A federal excise tax of 52.75 percent, capped at 40.26 per cigar, is imposed on every cigar imported to the U.S. to help fund the CHIP program. The CHIP-related tax went into effect in April 2009 and also increased the federal tax on cigarettes from 39 cents to $1 per pack.

Despite the expiring of CHIP funding, the tax on cigars remains in effect.

“Tax itself is statute,” said Daniel Trope, director of federal government affairs for the International Premium Cigar and Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR), in a text message to halfwheel. “If anything, (the money will) just go to general treasury but the tax remains in perpetuity.”
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:42:03 AM
First golfers of the day teeing off, just finished mowing the first two fairways and place sure looks good.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:44:09 AM
Very nice 64 degrees with scattered clouds this morning, up to 76 for the afternoon.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 07:54:19 AM
Amazing. Guy leaning on a cop car smoking a joint and no one except me even gave him a second look. Can't imagine the stinkeye I would have gotten if I did the same with a cigar.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 02, 2017, 08:00:54 AM
And here we are again. Good morning, fellas.
Yep.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 02, 2017, 08:10:06 AM
Morning gents.  Fk'd up situation in Las Vegas, for sure.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 08:10:45 AM
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 08:11:50 AM
Morning gents.  Fk'd up situation in Las Vegas, for sure.
And once again the shooter "was known by police"

Edit: (Updates)

  Sheriff says:

there was previous incorrect reporting and the only prior contact law enforcement has experienced with the "suspect" was a citation several years ago and it was handled in proper form by the defendant without issue.

Suspect took his wn life and was dead when police entered the room.

Over 400 wounded in hospitals but numbers will continue to change.

Female person of interest was not involved with this event but shooter may have previously used some of her ID's.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 08:12:17 AM
Amazing. Guy leaning on a cop car smoking a joint and no one except me even gave him a second look. Can't imagine the stinkeye I would have gotten if I did the same with a cigar.
So true, crazy isn't it!
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 02, 2017, 09:02:53 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 09:06:09 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Must be
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 09:08:57 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Good morning, Mark. Lull on the banter just means busy in the office. It sure is Monday though. Hope Dean and SCDave are able to enjoy it.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 09:12:07 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Good morning, Mark. Lull on the banter just means busy in the office. It sure is Monday though. Hope Dean and SCDave are able to enjoy it.
Dean is MIA so he may be enjoying something ;)

Just a routine day for me, visit the remodeling project, lunch, floor decision and get that ordered, go to granite store and sink store.  After that relaxing then smoking time.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 02, 2017, 09:12:38 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Good morning, Mark. Lull on the banter just means busy in the office. It sure is Monday though. Hope Dean and SCDave are able to enjoy it.
Alternatively, they can GFT's.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 09:18:54 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Good morning, Mark. Lull on the banter just means busy in the office. It sure is Monday though. Hope Dean and SCDave are able to enjoy it.
Alternatively, they can GFT's.
:o.  Get up off your knees and Show some respect for your elders!  Also get your asses to work and keep paying in to Social Security so we don't run out of $.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 09:20:09 AM
Time to get going with the day.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 02, 2017, 11:06:56 AM
Time to get going with the day.
Apparently the entire banterland community has followed suite.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 11:11:49 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Good morning, Mark. Lull on the banter just means busy in the office. It sure is Monday though. Hope Dean and SCDave are able to enjoy it.
Dean is MIA so he may be enjoying something ;)

Just a routine day for me, visit the remodeling project, lunch, floor decision and get that ordered, go to granite store and sink store.  After that relaxing then smoking time.
still not up to par. Dish TV and internet just showed up. I tried a Camacho connie earlier but my throat and lungs are still rough. sorting all my clothes and potting a few plants, may even mow.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 11:40:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 11:47:50 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 11:48:26 AM
slooooooooooooow Monday.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 11:54:30 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Deano and Raz.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 11:55:22 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Good morning, Mark. Lull on the banter just means busy in the office. It sure is Monday though. Hope Dean and SCDave are able to enjoy it.
Dean is MIA so he may be enjoying something ;)

Just a routine day for me, visit the remodeling project, lunch, floor decision and get that ordered, go to granite store and sink store.  After that relaxing then smoking time.
still not up to par. Dish TV and internet just showed up. I tried a Camacho connie earlier but my throat and lungs are still rough. sorting all my clothes and potting a few plants, may even mow.
Did you move your ride-on mower to the new place? Is it working?
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 11:56:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Deano!
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 11:56:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Deano and Raz.
Morning, UNColaNut.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 11:58:51 AM
Joint vs cigar lull.
Good morning, Mark. Lull on the banter just means busy in the office. It sure is Monday though. Hope Dean and SCDave are able to enjoy it.
Dean is MIA so he may be enjoying something ;)

Just a routine day for me, visit the remodeling project, lunch, floor decision and get that ordered, go to granite store and sink store.  After that relaxing then smoking time.
still not up to par. Dish TV and internet just showed up. I tried a Camacho connie earlier but my throat and lungs are still rough. sorting all my clothes and potting a few plants, may even mow.
Did you move your ride-on mower to the new place? Is it working?
yes I did. runs like brand new. total investment was $350 for the L100 17 hp John Deere.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 12:04:40 PM
Wow, what a mess in Vegas.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 02, 2017, 12:07:11 PM
Hello Boys, Just missed the morning cutoff here on the East Coast.
bought a couple of frozen rabbits,this weekend, and was swapping recipes,
with a cousin from down the shore, and one in Italy....
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 12:16:35 PM
Hello Boys, Just missed the morning cutoff here on the East Coast.
bought a couple of frozen rabbits,this weekend, and was swapping recipes,
with a cousin from down the shore, and one in Italy....
Save the feet for me!
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 02, 2017, 12:30:22 PM
Hello Boys, Just missed the morning cutoff here on the East Coast.
bought a couple of frozen rabbits,this weekend, and was swapping recipes,
with a cousin from down the shore, and one in Italy....
Save the feet for me!
they weren't there, feet and head missing, since they were rabbit popsicles in
the store already, how lucky code they really be?   8)
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Threebean on October 02, 2017, 12:34:33 PM
Hello Boys, Just missed the morning cutoff here on the East Coast.
bought a couple of frozen rabbits,this weekend, and was swapping recipes,
with a cousin from down the shore, and one in Italy....
Save the feet for me!
they weren't there, feet and head missing, since they were rabbit popsicles in
the store already, how lucky code they really be?   8)
"Cooking with Glen Close", feature VitaFlip.
(https://media.tenor.com/images/b77e4746e23fb212ea262d0a1cc2240d/tenor.gif)
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 02, 2017, 12:56:09 PM
Hello Boys, Just missed the morning cutoff here on the East Coast.
bought a couple of frozen rabbits,this weekend, and was swapping recipes,
with a cousin from down the shore, and one in Italy....
Save the feet for me!
they weren't there, feet and head missing, since they were rabbit popsicles in
the store already, how lucky code they really be?   8)
"Cooking with Glen Close", feature VitaFlip.
(https://media.tenor.com/images/b77e4746e23fb212ea262d0a1cc2240d/tenor.gif)
Nope, Nope, not what I bought...  my Italian grandparents are long gone,
my days coming home from the live poultry market
with a warm bag of recently dispatched chickens or squabs, are over.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 02, 2017, 12:57:23 PM
we need to get off this page soon, come on page 4!

 8)   :o   ::)   :D
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 01:07:08 PM
Hello Boys, Just missed the morning cutoff here on the East Coast.
bought a couple of frozen rabbits,this weekend, and was swapping recipes,
with a cousin from down the shore, and one in Italy....
Save the feet for me!
they weren't there, feet and head missing, since they were rabbit popsicles in
the store already, how lucky code they really be?   8)
"Cooking with Glen Close", feature VitaFlip.
(https://media.tenor.com/images/b77e4746e23fb212ea262d0a1cc2240d/tenor.gif)
Nope, Nope, not what I bought...  my Italian grandparents are long gone,
my days coming home from the live poultry market
with a warm bag of recently dispatched chickens or squabs, are over.
A lot of what is wrong with the country today is owing to the fact we don't have to dispatch our own protein anymore.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 01:18:18 PM
Wow, what a mess in Vegas.
Yeah, and I've got friends who are in Nevada at the moment so people are freaking out up here and ringing my phone off the hook. I have lost count now of the number of times I've said "they are 60 miles from Vegas, and out of cell range most of the day. They'll get back to you tonight, I promise."
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 01:22:04 PM
http://www.zdnet.com/article/sex-robot-molested-destroyed-at-electronics-show/
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 01:24:07 PM
Well, I got us off page 3, anyway.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on October 02, 2017, 02:23:18 PM
Well, I got us off page 3, anyway.
yes you did...
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 03:43:49 PM
Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.
We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 03:46:31 PM
Those rotten apples seldom fall far from the tree.

The father of Las Vegas madman Stephen Paddock was a “psychopath” himself — a bank robber who escaped federal prison in the late 1960s and landed on the FBI’s most-wanted list, according to reports.

Paddock’s dad was serial felon Benjamin Hoskins Paddock, according to the Daily Mail and a tweet from NBC.

Benjamin Paddock had been locked up in 1960 for robbing an Arizona bank, escaped in 1968 and spent nearly three years on the run before the FBI caught up to him in Las Vegas in 1971, at which point he tried to run down an agent with his car, according to archival editions of the Tuscon Daily Citizen.

“Since he has utilized firearms in previous crimes, has employed violence in attempting to evade arrest and has been diagnosed as being psychopathic, [Benjamin] Paddock should be considered extremely dangerous,” Palmer M. Baken Jr., agent in charge of the Phoenix FBI office, said at the time, according to the Citizen.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 03:51:08 PM
Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.
We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
Update:

REPORT: Tom Petty taken off life support after cardiac arrest
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 03:57:41 PM
mushroom and pepperjack cheese burgers for dinner. tired of soup.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 03:58:17 PM
Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.
We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
Update:

REPORT: Tom Petty taken off life support after cardiac arrest
that's a Heartbreaker.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 04:06:33 PM
Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.
We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
Update:

REPORT: Tom Petty taken off life support after cardiac arrest
that's a Heartbreaker.
Oh damn... way too soon. Petty is my favorite Floridian.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 04:14:42 PM
Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.
We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
Update:

REPORT: Tom Petty taken off life support after cardiac arrest
that's a Heartbreaker.
Oh damn... way too soon. Petty is my favorite Floridian.
He's not dead...at least not yet. Removing him from life support appears to be an upgrade, at least from what I can find.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 04:15:21 PM
[...]

Nevermind. He's gone. Damn.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 04:25:05 PM
[...]

that's sad.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 04:30:10 PM
Diesel Hair of the Dog Perfecto cut and ready, apparently they don't sell the Hair of the Dog anymore.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 04:36:38 PM
Diesel Hair of the Dog Perfecto cut and ready, apparently they don't sell the Hair of the Dog anymore.
really, I always thought it was a decent smoke.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 04:37:54 PM
Diesel Hair of the Dog Perfecto cut and ready, apparently they don't sell the Hair of the Dog anymore.
really, I always thought it was a decent smoke.
One of the really good diesels but I could not find any listed at several sites
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 04:38:52 PM
@ Dean, thought you might find this interesting.  Pretty cool find!

https://www.skifflife.com/2953035/skiff-olde-school-style/
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 04:40:22 PM
[...]

He is now.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 04:47:07 PM
Golf course has been pretty busy on this perfect weather day for golfing.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 04:50:01 PM
[...]

Raz better stick to preaching and stay away from doctoring.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 04:52:30 PM
mushroom and pepperjack cheese burgers for dinner. tired of soup.
Smoked pulled pork (bought that did not cook it myself), baked beans and potatoes here tonight.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 04:54:14 PM
@ Dean, thought you might find this interesting.  Pretty cool find!

https://www.skifflife.com/2953035/skiff-olde-school-style/
pretty neat. thanks.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 05:01:05 PM
Man, talk about a job!  There is a young man with a golf cart and a heavy duty weed eater going along this golf course weed eating every damn sprinkler head.  There must be 50 of them on just this one damn hole.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 05:20:50 PM
[...]

GFY. Did either of you read back? I revised the moment word came through that he was gone. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on October 02, 2017, 05:28:27 PM
[...]

lay on the hands Raz.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 05:30:07 PM
[...]

You certainly did correct it immediately upon the news update (and I did see that at the time) but your medical prognosis was totally incorrect GFY!
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 05:30:40 PM
[...]

You maybe but NOT ME, last thing I want to do is fall in a Fuk'n concrete ditch :o
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 05:32:31 PM
[...]

Yeah, I never claimed to be a doctor.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 05:33:01 PM
[...]

He's the wrong gender.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 05:33:04 PM
[...]

RIP, Mr. Petty. I'll smoke a cigar this evening in your honor. The Liga Privada Undercrown Gran Toro.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171002/0120ec573c54b2b9a3ccf41410b2dbf5.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 05:33:35 PM
[...]

Not even for 275 grand?
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 05:34:04 PM
[...]

Runnin' down a dream.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 05:34:53 PM
[...]

In all fairness, I was responding in order. I didn't see your revision until later.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 05:56:14 PM
[...]

NO!
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 06:11:04 PM
[...]

Well, now he is not dead (Dr Raz was still wrong though, he was not getting better)

UPDATE: Citing a source, Variety reported at 1:30 p.m. PT that Petty had died. However, the LAPD has clarified that a statement 'inadvertently provided' incorrect information to media sources. Variety will continue to monitor the situation and provide the most accurate information possible amid conflicting reports. TMZ reported that Petty is "clinging to life support."
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 06:50:13 PM
Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 07:08:46 PM
Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I've been thinking through the same details most of the day.  The fact that he was on the 32nd floor and he was firing at a crowd helps. He could just spray and pray.  On the other hand, I haven't seen any accurate info yet as to what he had and whether he really had any full auto. So I'm still skeptical of that claim.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:19:26 PM
[...]

We will never know all the truth but based on the phone audio recordings they have played it would pretty much have to be full auto to fire at that rate.  Many reports say .223's and .308's both used but take that for what it's worth.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 07:20:09 PM
Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 02, 2017, 07:24:15 PM
[...]

By the way, that's pretty fucked up. Everyone so wants to be the first to report something that they report a death before it's verified. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:26:21 PM
[...]

Absolutely but someone that well known would normally have a publicity manager to keep such chit from happening.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 07:28:12 PM
Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.
Yeah but gun folks always think about such stuff when it just does not add up logically.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 07:37:44 PM
Some very confusing things about the shooting.  The distance from that 32nd floor hotel window to the middle of the concert grounds was about 1,700 feet or almost 600 yards and according to multiple reports many bullets went through the bodies. Also from listening to recordings the rifle(s) had to be full auto for such a rate of fire.   So, it had to be a quite powerful long range capable caliber in addition to the fact not too many 64 year old average men could possibly have enough control over said weapon type, rate of fire and caliber to even be able to hit the area very many times from that distance.  That is pretty much military sniper level shooting.

Not impossible at all but sure enough difficult.
I'm sure there is much more to this story.
Yeah but gun folks always think about such stuff when it just does not add up logically.
Yeah, for good reason. We want to know what to do to survive. Those people were sitting ducks for that monster.

Didja catch that his dad was a violent criminal who spent time on the FBI most-wanted list? That apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 08:01:28 PM
[...]

Not only did I catch it I posted it 4 hours ago, sheesh don't you read back?
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 08:03:22 PM
Browsing at the AR forum and popular opinions there are mostly bump-stock fire.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 08:16:13 PM
[...]

No, I ignore you.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 02, 2017, 08:51:11 PM
[...]

Thus you stay uninformed ;)
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: razgueado on October 02, 2017, 09:36:52 PM
Browsing at the AR forum and popular opinions there are mostly bump-stock fire.
I've listened to the video, and it doesn't sound like bump-stock to me. Sustained auto fire. Bumps tend to have fits and starts. This guy got the real thing.
Title: Re: 10/2/2017
Post by: Oyam18 on October 02, 2017, 11:01:15 PM
MNF at Corona Club