CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 08, 2017, 12:04:16 AM

Title: 7/8/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on July 08, 2017, 12:04:16 AM
Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on July 08, 2017, 05:38:34 AM
Good morning. AA Cuban corona and coffee. Getting ready for the quarterly business meeting in Gainesville.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 06:50:25 AM
Good morning. AA Cuban corona and coffee. Getting ready for the quarterly business meeting in Gainesville.
Morning Dean.  Is that an all day affair, or all weekend?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 06:52:25 AM
Gonna be a real lite banter day I do believe.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 06:53:17 AM
Today is Saturday, July 8, the 189th day of 2017. There are 176 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On July 8, 1947, a New Mexico newspaper, the Roswell Daily Record, quoted officials at Roswell Army Air Field as saying they had recovered a "flying saucer" that crashed onto a ranch; officials then said it was actually a weather balloon. (To this day, there are those who believe what fell to Earth was an alien spaceship carrying extra-terrestrial beings.)

On this date:

In 1663, King Charles II of England granted a Royal Charter to Rhode Island.

In 1776, Col. John Nixon gave the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence, outside the State House (now Independence Hall) in Philadelphia.

In 1891, Warren G. Harding married Florence Kling DeWolfe in Marion, Ohio.

In 1907, Florenz Ziegfeld staged his first "Follies," on the roof of the New York Theater.

In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson received a tumultuous welcome in New York City after his return from the Versailles (vehr-SY') Peace Conference in France.

In 1950, President Harry S. Truman named Gen. Douglas MacArthur commander-in-chief of United Nations forces in Korea. (Truman ended up sacking MacArthur for insubordination nine months later.)

In 1965, Canadian Pacific Air Lines Flight 21, a Douglas DC-6B, crashed in British Columbia after the tail separated from the fuselage; all 52 people on board were killed in what authorities said was the result of an apparent bombing.

In 1967, Academy Award-winning actress Vivien Leigh, 53, died in London.

In 1975, President Gerald R. Ford announced he would seek a second term of office.

In 1986, Kurt Waldheim was inaugurated as president of Austria despite controversy over his alleged ties to Nazi war crimes. Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, widely regarded as father of the nuclear navy, died in Arlington, Virginia.

In 1994, Kim Il Sung, North Korea's communist leader since 1948, died at age 82.

In 2011, former first lady Betty Ford died in Rancho Mirage, California, at age 93.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 06:54:12 AM
Ten years ago: Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell ordered a range of state government services shut down and placed about a third of the state work force on indefinite unpaid furlough after last-minute negotiations failed to break a budget stalemate. (A budget deal was hammered out the following night.) Roger Federer won his fifth straight Wimbledon championship, beating Rafael Nadal 7-6 (7), 4-6, 7-6 (3), 2-6, 6-2.

Five years ago: A bomb in eastern Afghanistan killed six NATO service members on a day in which a total of 29 people died from roadside bombs and insurgent attacks. In a show of force, Syria began large-scale military exercises to simulate defending the country against outside "aggression." Roger Federer equaled Pete Sampras' record of seven men's singles titles at the All England Club and won his 17th Grand Slam title overall, beating Andy Murray 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4. Na Yeon Choi of South Korea won the U.S. Women's Open at Blackwolf Run in Kohler, Wisconsin. Academy Award-winning actor Ernest Borgnine, 95, died in Los Angeles.

One year ago: On the first day of a two-day summit in Warsaw, NATO leaders geared up for a long-term standoff with Russia, ordering multinational troops to Poland and the three Baltic states as Moscow moved forward with its own plans to station two new divisions along its western borders. Ten states (Nebraska, Arkansas, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, South Dakota and Wyoming) sued the federal government over rules requiring public schools to allow transgender students to use restrooms conforming to their gender identity, joining a dozen other states in the latest fight over LGBT rights. (Nebraska, which led the effort, later asked to drop the lawsuit after the Trump administration ended the protection.)
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 06:54:47 AM
Today's Birthdays: Singer Steve Lawrence is 82. Actor Jeffrey Tambor is 73. Ballerina Cynthia Gregory is 71. Actress Kim Darby is 70. Actress Jonelle Allen is 69. Children's performer Raffi is 69. Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck is 68. Actress Anjelica Huston is 66. Writer Anna Quindlen is 65. Actor Kevin Bacon is 59. Actor Robert Knepper is 58. Rock musician Andy Fletcher (Depeche Mode) is 56. Country singer Toby Keith is 56. Rock musician Graham Jones (Haircut 100) is 56. Rock singer Joan Osborne is 55. Writer-producer Rob Burnett is 55. Actor Rocky Carroll is 54. Actor Corey Parker is 52. Actor Lee Tergesen is 52. Actor Billy Crudup is 49. Actor Michael Weatherly is 49. Singer Beck is 47. Country singer Drew Womack (Sons of the Desert) is 47. Comedian Sebastian Maniscalo is 44. Actress Kathleen Robertson is 44. Christian rock musician Stephen Mason (Jars of Clay) is 42. Actor Milo Ventimiglia (MEE'-loh vehn-tih-MEEL'-yuh) is 40. Rock musician Tavis Werts is 40. Singer Ben Jelen (YEL'-in) is 38. Actor Lance Gross is 36. Actress Sophia Bush is 35. Rock musician Jamie Cook (Arctic Monkeys) is 32. Actor Jake McDorman is 31. Actor Jaden Smith is 19.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 06:55:19 AM
Thought for Today: "Fools are more to be feared than the wicked." - Queen Christina of Sweden (1626-1689).
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on July 08, 2017, 07:02:04 AM
Good morning. AA Cuban corona and coffee. Getting ready for the quarterly business meeting in Gainesville.
Morning Dean.  Is that an all day affair, or all weekend?
use to be all weekend but now that I no longer have a position with voting rights I need not show on Sunday.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 07:07:01 AM
Morning Dave and Dean, I did a little extra sleeping this morning.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 07:08:12 AM
As for the rest of you Nub's time to role out of the bed and get moving.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 07:08:32 AM
[...]
No rappers were born today.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 07:09:33 AM
Morning Dave and Dean, I did a little extra sleeping this morning.
Nothing at all wrong with that.  Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 07:10:14 AM
@ CarolinaDave....When do you have your third dentist visit?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 07:14:05 AM
@ CarolinaDave....When do you have your third dentist visit?
Tuesday afternoon
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on July 08, 2017, 07:18:55 AM
Morning Dave and Dean, I did a little extra sleeping this morning.
waiting on my passenger, he must have forgotten his alarm, I hate waiting on people.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 07:22:27 AM
[...]
But it is not everyday that a Ballerina is born! ::)

And happy 56th birthday to a Real Man's Man Toby Keith.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 07:45:26 AM
There ya go!
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 07:47:48 AM
There ya go!
And Wolfgang Puck is 68, thought he was younger than I am but guess not.  Probably why you don't hear much about him anymore I guess.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 08:30:34 AM
3/4 Sheesh!

I got to get moving and do some work before it gets too hot.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 09:18:55 AM
Good morning, guys. Did a little sleeping in myself. This work thing is taking a toll on me during the week and I find myself exhausted on the weekends.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 09:49:24 AM
Good morning, guys. Did a little sleeping in myself. This work thing is taking a toll on me during the week and I find myself exhausted on the weekends.
Just out of shape.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 09:54:20 AM
Good morning, guys. Did a little sleeping in myself. This work thing is taking a toll on me during the week and I find myself exhausted on the weekends.
Just out of shape.
That too. Although I will argue that round is indeed a shape.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 11:25:13 AM
Box of Laranja Reserva Volta mashing 10/$80. Not bad. Also intrigued by the Oscar Habano bundle of 20/$148.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2017, 12:16:08 PM
Box of Laranja Reserva Volta mashing 10/$80. Not bad. Also intrigued by the Oscar Habano bundle of 20/$148.
Is that the Leaf?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2017, 12:17:40 PM
Morning/afternoon Tony and Dave(s).  Just lit a GotF while I contemplate working on the fk'n pool.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 12:18:57 PM
Box of Laranja Reserva Volta mashing 10/$80. Not bad. Also intrigued by the Oscar Habano bundle of 20/$148.
Is that the Leaf?
No. Same Oscar but even better cigar IMHO.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2017, 12:31:07 PM
Box of Laranja Reserva Volta mashing 10/$80. Not bad. Also intrigued by the Oscar Habano bundle of 20/$148.
Is that the Leaf?
No. Same Oscar but even better cigar IMHO.
Yeah, The Leaf doesn't come in a habano.   The photo with that offering appears to show the leaf wrapping.  Are all Oscars packaged that way?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 12:35:53 PM
Box of Laranja Reserva Volta mashing 10/$80. Not bad. Also intrigued by the Oscar Habano bundle of 20/$148.
Is that the Leaf?
No. Same Oscar but even better cigar IMHO.
Yeah, The Leaf doesn't come in a habano.   The photo with that offering appears to show the leaf wrapping.  Are all Oscars packaged that way?
These are also packaged that way. Can't speak for ALL.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2017, 12:50:32 PM
Box of Laranja Reserva Volta mashing 10/$80. Not bad. Also intrigued by the Oscar Habano bundle of 20/$148.
Is that the Leaf?
No. Same Oscar but even better cigar IMHO.
Yeah, The Leaf doesn't come in a habano.   The photo with that offering appears to show the leaf wrapping.  Are all Oscars packaged that way?
These are also packaged that way. Can't speak for ALL.
We'll fook, then why call one of them Leaf if he also wraps the non-Leaf in a tabacco leaf?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2017, 01:01:03 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 01:09:22 PM
Good morning, guys. Did a little sleeping in myself. This work thing is taking a toll on me during the week and I find myself exhausted on the weekends.
Just out of shape.
That too. Although I will argue that round is indeed a shape.
Without any pay work tends to bring you down
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 01:12:33 PM
Afternoon GtFBean and MayorNoPay

Hot sum beach here!
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 01:20:28 PM
Afternoon GtFBean and MayorNoPay

Hot sum beach here!
99/108 at 12:15
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2017, 01:21:24 PM
Afternoon GtFBean and MayorNoPay

Hot sum beach here!
Indeed.  Thanks goodness there is some breeze.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on July 08, 2017, 01:23:24 PM
Afternoon GtFBean and MayorNoPay

Hot sum beach here!
Already 98 deg, feels like 109.   Same forecast for the next week, if not worse.  Not too disappointed I'll be out east next week.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 01:32:36 PM
Box of Laranja Reserva Volta mashing 10/$80. Not bad. Also intrigued by the Oscar Habano bundle of 20/$148.
Is that the Leaf?
No. Same Oscar but even better cigar IMHO.
Yeah, The Leaf doesn't come in a habano.   The photo with that offering appears to show the leaf wrapping.  Are all Oscars packaged that way?
These are also packaged that way. Can't speak for ALL.
We'll fook, then why call one of them Leaf if he also wraps the non-Leaf in a tabacco leaf?
Because it's a tobacco LEAF product. But I'm only guessing. 😉
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 01:35:51 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 01:38:18 PM
Good morning, guys. Did a little sleeping in myself. This work thing is taking a toll on me during the week and I find myself exhausted on the weekends.
Just out of shape.
That too. Although I will argue that round is indeed a shape.
Without any pay work tends to bring you down
You're probably right. I'm hopeful this mess will be straightened out shortly.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 01:40:07 PM
Afternoon GtFBean and MayorNoPay

Hot sum beach here!
Indeed.  Thanks goodness there is some breeze.
O breeze down here
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 01:44:08 PM
I would be happy just to smoke a Gurkha with a cold beer right now.  No smoking until Wednesday and no beer till Monday.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 02:08:02 PM
Don't even waste your time looking at the Holt's Weekend Special! :(
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 02:31:35 PM
He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 02:43:09 PM
101 degrees with 110 heat index, 3 mph breeze
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 02:43:20 PM
He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
I guess he couldn't afford a divorce? She must have been some pain in the ass.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 03:36:42 PM
He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
I guess he couldn't afford a divorce? She must have been some pain in the ass.
Thought it might give you some ideas, but use a much heavier anchor!
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 03:40:02 PM
Another truck load to goodwill (3rd one since yesterday and got another one ready to load) , knowing where we are going has made things much easier.

Also the wardens sister finally has the warden making some serious progress.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 04:11:59 PM

He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
I guess he couldn't afford a divorce? She must have been some pain in the ass.
Thought it might give you some ideas, but use a much heavier anchor!

It would help to be a commercial fisherman.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 04:30:35 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Just go hang with CarolinaDave more and mooch off of him.

...I hear he had a few come his way.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 04:32:00 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 04:33:40 PM
He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
I guess he couldn't afford a divorce? She must have been some pain in the ass.
Isn't that an oxymoron?....or redundancy or something?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 04:38:44 PM
He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
My favorite part was giving the gun to his father to hide, so he hid it under the bed at the son's house.  Number of bright ones in that family.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 04:45:00 PM
He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
My favorite part was giving the gun to his father to hide, so he hid it under the bed at the son's house.  Number of bright ones in that family.
LMFAO. Ya gotta get a kick out of stupid criminals.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 04:47:40 PM
He said his wife fell overboard. But she washed ashore strapped to an anchor, police say

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/nation-world/national/article159897684.html#storylink=cpy
My favorite part was giving the gun to his father to hide, so he hid it under the bed at the son's house.  Number of bright ones in that family.
LMFAO. Ya gotta get a kick out of stupid criminals.
Definitely not the sharpest tacks in the box
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 04:49:12 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Just go hang with CarolinaDave more and mooch off of him.

...I hear he had a few come his way.
I could probably come up with a few to smoke thanks to some extremely generous brothers.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 04:51:27 PM
Damn thunderstorm just popped up within a mile of my house but the thing is moving away from us.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 05:00:14 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Just go hang with CarolinaDave more and mooch off of him.

...I hear he had a few come his way.
I could probably come up with a few to smoke thanks to some extremely generous brothers.
Have you tried any yet?  Haven't had one in that vitola.  Closest to lancero that they come in.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 05:11:36 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 05:12:48 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Just go hang with CarolinaDave more and mooch off of him.

...I hear he had a few come his way.
I could probably come up with a few to smoke thanks to some extremely generous brothers.
Have you tried any yet?  Haven't had one in that vitola.  Closest to lancero that they come in.
I have not tried these but I bought a couple of the little sampler boxes when they first came out and all were very good.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 05:13:58 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 05:17:52 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Or you can drop an order if you wish...

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/Casa-Fernandez-Guardian-of-the-Farm.asp
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 05:18:11 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Looking at a new car. Gonna need one anyway for a class I'm registered for in September. So let's see what comes of it.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 05:25:05 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Looking at a new car. Gonna need one anyway for a class I'm registered for in September. So let's see what comes of it.
Seems like you should be looking for a valid pay check first, just my 2 cents worth.

Is this something to replace the Green Hornet?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 05:36:40 PM

I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Looking at a new car. Gonna need one anyway for a class I'm registered for in September. So let's see what comes of it.
Seems like you should be looking for a valid pay check first, just my 2 cents worth.

Is this something to replace the Green Hornet?

Yes. In fact, that's why I'm waiting to replace the car. I don't want to put over $1000 into fixing the brakes on the Green Hornet.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 05:45:05 PM

I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Looking at a new car. Gonna need one anyway for a class I'm registered for in September. So let's see what comes of it.
Seems like you should be looking for a valid pay check first, just my 2 cents worth.

Is this something to replace the Green Hornet?

Yes. In fact, that's why I'm waiting to replace the car. I don't want to put over $1000 into fixing the brakes on the Green Hornet.
Makes sense
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 05:52:29 PM

I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Looking at a new car. Gonna need one anyway for a class I'm registered for in September. So let's see what comes of it.
Seems like you should be looking for a valid pay check first, just my 2 cents worth.

Is this something to replace the Green Hornet?

Yes. In fact, that's why I'm waiting to replace the car. I don't want to put over $1000 into fixing the brakes on the Green Hornet.
Makes sense
The course is work related and costs  $4k. Since I haven't been paid yet I won't feel guilty about having unemployment pay for it.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 05:54:12 PM

I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Looking at a new car. Gonna need one anyway for a class I'm registered for in September. So let's see what comes of it.
Seems like you should be looking for a valid pay check first, just my 2 cents worth.

Is this something to replace the Green Hornet?

Yes. In fact, that's why I'm waiting to replace the car. I don't want to put over $1000 into fixing the brakes on the Green Hornet.
Makes sense
The course is work related and costs  $4k. Since I haven't been paid yet I won't feel guilty about having unemployment pay for it.
Definitely legit!
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 06:14:36 PM

[...]

I looked into taking mass transit to school and it just isn't practical. So a check will need to clear soon, so I can buy a car, and attend a herf. Or something like that.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 08, 2017, 06:17:59 PM
Time to ready for the wardens birthday dinner, Steiner Ranch Steakhouse was on her list and it is not too far away.  Excellent food too.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 06:20:23 PM
Time to ready for the wardens birthday dinner, Steiner Ranch Steakhouse was on her list and it is not too far away.  Excellent food too.
Have fun. Happy birthday to the warden.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 07:14:46 PM
I gotta get a box of these Guardian of the Farm.  My new favorite stick.
Don't believe I've smoked one. Will seek it.
Should be listed under Casa Fernandez  (it's a Warped/CF collaboration)
Sounds like it would be up my alley.
Well, if we ever get together again, I could get you a sample.
Looking at a new car. Gonna need one anyway for a class I'm registered for in September. So let's see what comes of it.
Like I said to OhioDave, not a bad time to buy.  Some good deals out there and a lot with 0% interest.
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 07:16:29 PM
I heard something about a certain 3Bean having a birthday as well... ;).
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 08, 2017, 09:57:37 PM
I heard something about a certain 3Bean having a birthday as well... ;).
Old beans?
Title: Re: 7/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 08, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
I heard something about a certain 3Bean having a birthday as well... ;).
Old beans?
As long as they're not green... :P