CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 15, 2016, 12:41:23 AM

Title: 4/15/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on April 15, 2016, 12:41:23 AM
Happy Tax Day!  Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about this Friday?  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: bluecollar on April 15, 2016, 02:37:04 AM
Good morning. I was thinking the Mayor was gonna block me.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: bluecollar on April 15, 2016, 02:43:53 AM
 Nothing worth jumping over to buy from Various sites. I do like the NL 25's for a working cigar but they will be around. Picked up a few oz of baccy to try. Nice weekend weather. Happy Friday
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: bluecollar on April 15, 2016, 05:32:26 AM
I hope LTG is having fun.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:19:51 AM
Morning two scoops Rick, it's the weekend!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:21:24 AM
Today is Friday, April 15, the 106th day of 2016. There are 260 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On April 15, 1912, the British luxury liner RMS Titanic foundered in the North Atlantic off Newfoundland more than 2 1/2 hours after hitting an iceberg; 1,514 people died, while less than half as many survived.

On this date:

In 1850, the city of San Francisco was incorporated.

In 1865, President Abraham Lincoln died nine hours after being shot the night before by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theater in Washington; Andrew Johnson became the nation's 17th president.

In 1920, a paymaster and a guard were shot and killed during a robbery at a shoe company in South Braintree, Massachusetts; Italian immigrants Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were accused of the crime, convicted and executed amid worldwide protests that they hadn't received a fair trial.

In 1945, during World War II, British and Canadian troops liberated the Nazi concentration camp Bergen-Belsen. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who had died on April 12, was buried at the Roosevelt family home in Hyde Park, New York.

In 1959, Cuban leader Fidel Castro arrived in Washington to begin a goodwill tour of the United States. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles resigned for health reasons (he was succeeded by Christian A. Herter).

In 1960, a three-day conference to form the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) began at Shaw University in Raleigh, North Carolina. (The group's first chairman was Marion Barry.)

In 1974, members of the Symbionese Liberation Army held up a branch of the Hibernia Bank in San Francisco; a member of the group was SLA kidnap victim Patricia Hearst, who by this time was going by the name "Tania" (Hearst later said she'd been forced to participate).

In 1986, the United States launched an air raid against Libya in response to the bombing of a discotheque in Berlin on April 5; Libya said 37 people, mostly civilians, were killed.

In 1989, 96 people died in a crush of soccer fans at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, England. Students in Beijing launched a series of pro-democracy protests; the demonstrations culminated in a government crackdown at Tiananmen Square.

In 1998, Pol Pot, the notorious leader of the Khmer Rouge, died at age 73, evading prosecution for the deaths of two million Cambodians.

In 2013, two bombs packed with nails and other metal shards exploded at the Boston Marathon finish line, killing two women and an 8-year-old boy and injuring more than 260. (Suspected bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev (TAM'-ehr-luhn tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) died in a shootout with police; his brother and alleged accomplice, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv), was tried, convicted and sentenced to death.)

In 2014, Boko Haram terrorists kidnapped some 276 girls from a school in northeastern Nigeria.

Ten years ago: U.S.-led coalition forces using warplanes and artillery clashed with a small band of militants holed up in a house and a cave complex in eastern Afghanistan in fighting that killed at least seven Afghan civilians.

Five years ago: The first of three days of tornadoes to strike the central and southern U.S. began; according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, there were an estimated 177 twisters and at least 38 fatalities.

One year ago: Douglas Hughes, a postal carrier from Florida, flew a one-person gyrocopter onto the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol as a protest against money in politics; he later pleaded guilty to operating a gyrocopter without a license, a felony. Former New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez was convicted in Fall River, Massachusetts, of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison for a late-night shooting that claimed the life of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old landscaper who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:22:11 AM
Today's Birthdays: Country singer Roy Clark is 83. Actress Claudia Cardinale is 78. Author and politician Jeffrey Archer is 76. Rock singer-guitarist Dave Edmunds is 73. Actor Michael Tucci is 70. Actress Lois Chiles is 69. Writer-producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason is 69. Actress Amy Wright is 66. Columnist Heloise is 65. Actor Sam McMurray is 64. Actress-screenwriter Emma Thompson is 57. Bluegrass musician Jeff Parker is 55. Singer Samantha Fox is 50. Olympic gold, silver and bronze medal swimmer Dara Torres is 49. Rock musician Ed O'Brien (Radiohead) is 48. Actor Flex Alexander is 46. Actor Danny Pino is 42. Actor Douglas Spain is 42. Country singer/songwriter Chris Stapleton is 38. Actor Luke Evans is 37. Rock musician Patrick Carney (The Black Keys) is 36. Actor-writer Seth Rogen is 34. Actress Alice Braga is 33. Rock musician De'Mar Hamilton (Plain White T's) is 32. Actress Emma Watson is 26. Actress Maisie Williams is 19.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:23:55 AM
Thought for Today: "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." - Arthur Ashe, American tennis champion (1943-1993).
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:26:16 AM
And your USAToday Update for the morning:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/04/15/5-things-you-need-to-know-friday/82979210/
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 06:33:47 AM
Thought for Today: "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." - Arthur Ashe, American tennis champion (1943-1993).
I like this quote, Bean can GFH if he doesn't. Morning David
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:42:17 AM
So we going to wrap up the week with the DOW over 18,000?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:43:14 AM
Thought for Today: "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." - Arthur Ashe, American tennis champion (1943-1993).
I like this quote, Bean can GFH if he doesn't. Morning David
I put the USAToday link up to satisfy him and TexDave.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 06:43:30 AM
Morning Fishy!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 06:54:33 AM
Morning Blue, CommieDaveII, And Fish.

Happy Friday!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 06:55:19 AM
Late night for this old man last night, after 11:00 when I got home. :)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 06:56:23 AM
So we going to wrap up the week with the DOW over 18,000?
Depends on whether the big 5 banks are short or long.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 07:07:43 AM
Morning TexDave.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 07:10:30 AM
Morning TexDave.
Morning sir, you still in PA?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 07:13:23 AM
Late night for this old man last night, after 11:00 when I got home. :)
Morning DirtyStayOutDave
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 07:14:18 AM
Thought for Today: "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." - Arthur Ashe, American tennis champion (1943-1993).
I like this quote, Bean can GFH if he doesn't. Morning David
No, I like that one as well.  But you can GFY anyway.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 07:16:31 AM
Late night for this old man last night, after 11:00 when I got home. :)
Partying with those wild and crazy fly fishing aficionados.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 07:19:29 AM
Thought for Today: "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." - Arthur Ashe, American tennis champion (1943-1993).
I like this quote, Bean can GFH if he doesn't. Morning David
I put the USAToday link up to satisfy him and TexDave.
Not clicking it.  USAToday has nothing I need to know, about Friday or otherwise.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 07:20:09 AM
Curmudgeonly comments all caught up.  Morning mofos.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 07:20:24 AM
Late night for this old man last night, after 11:00 when I got home. :)
Partying with those wild and crazy fly fishing aficionados.
I guess
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 07:21:08 AM
Curmudgeonly comments all caught up.  Morning mofos.
Glad you got that wrapped up now you can finish your bathroom project.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 07:23:00 AM
Curmudgeonly comments all caught up.  Morning mofos.
Glad you got that wrapped up now you can finish your bathroom project.
He IS finished
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 07:32:05 AM
Don't forget there is a Scorcher running until 9:00 am tomorrow.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 15, 2016, 07:32:38 AM
Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 07:35:26 AM
Good morning, boys.
Happy Friday Mayor T.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 07:40:15 AM
Pretty pitiful punishment but the Judge had his hands tied and would have obviously slammed his ass a lot harder if he could.

How ‘affluenza teen’ Ethan Couch got almost two years of jail time

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article71934427.html#storylink=cpy
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 15, 2016, 07:42:07 AM
Good morning. I was thinking the Mayor was gonna block me.
Cockblock you?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 15, 2016, 07:43:53 AM
Good morning, boys.
Happy Friday Mayor T.
More knowledge transfer meetings with my replacements today. Sheesh.

Looking forward to the Billy Joel concert tonight.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 07:59:23 AM
Look-A-There:  Congrats on the 15,000 Mayor!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:00:32 AM
Where's Dad, $20 Kuba Kuba's Burning.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 15, 2016, 08:01:38 AM
Look-A-There:  Congrats on the 15,000 Mayor!
Ahhh, that was no sweat. Glad I got it out of the way. The next 15,000 are gonna be even better.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:11:46 AM
This is like an Op-ed to all the Johnny BullShit.

Tim Tebow eyed for open Florida House seat, 'a shoo-in'

The surprise retirement of a key Florida congressman has Republican strategists eager to give the ball to former Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow, according to several sources.

"We do not pick favorites," said a key party strategist, but "obviously a huge Florida football star would be an interesting candidate for our side of the aisle."
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 08:12:10 AM
Morning TexDave.
Morning sir, you still in PA?
Yes.  Couple things to wrap up this morning then head out before lunch.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 08:13:50 AM
Good morning. I was thinking the Mayor was gonna block me.
Cockblock you?
We know you're NEVER one to do that!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 08:14:52 AM
Look-A-There:  Congrats on the 15,000 Mayor!
Ahhh, that was no sweat. Glad I got it out of the way. The next 15,000 are gonna be even better.
Coming along there Uncle Tony.  Sure you didn't finagle the numbers behind the scenes?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 08:15:25 AM
Good morning, boys.
Happy Friday Mayor T.
More knowledge transfer meetings with my replacements today. Sheesh.

Looking forward to the Billy Joel concert tonight.
You DO realize it's 2016, right? Or was that a random thought from 1990?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 08:16:17 AM
DisneyDave should be wrapping things up today or tomorrow and heading back to reality.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:16:25 AM
Foggy as hell here this morning.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:17:37 AM
Good morning, boys.
Happy Friday Mayor T.
More knowledge transfer meetings with my replacements today. Sheesh.

Looking forward to the Billy Joel concert tonight.
You DO realize it's 2016, right? Or was that a random thought from 1990?
GFY young rabbit, Billy Joel still rocks the house!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:19:18 AM
So we going to wrap up the week with the DOW over 18,000?
Depends on whether the big 5 banks are short or long.
Futures are trending down.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: bluecollar on April 15, 2016, 08:24:23 AM
Morning bitch session. Boss nowhere to be found. Go figure. Morning boys. Home and going for a walk. No cell phone just me nature and a few smokes. Have a good morning. I could kill someone.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:27:06 AM
Morning bitch session. Boss nowhere to be found. Go figure. Morning boys. Home and going for a walk. No cell phone just me nature and a few smokes. Have a good morning. I could kill someone.
Get some sleep and all will be better when you awake.  But if you still need to put someone on the bottom side of the dirt we will volunteer Fish.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:28:07 AM
Where is the FloridaFukStik this week, he has been scarce.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 08:29:01 AM
taxes were done yesterday. nothing like getting fucked with no hugs and kisses. thank you Obama.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: bluecollar on April 15, 2016, 08:29:03 AM
Morning bitch session. Boss nowhere to be found. Go figure. Morning boys. Home and going for a walk. No cell phone just me nature and a few smokes. Have a good morning. I could kill someone.
Get some sleep and all will be better when you awake.  But if you still need to put someone on the bottom side of the dirt we will volunteer Fish.
LMAO OK headed out.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 08:30:23 AM
want to do some more island hopping today. weatherman calling for thunderstorms.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 08:31:44 AM
Good morning, boys.
Happy Friday Mayor T.
More knowledge transfer meetings with my replacements today. Sheesh.

Looking forward to the Billy Joel concert tonight.
You DO realize it's 2016, right? Or was that a random thought from 1990?
GFY young rabbit, Billy Joel still rocks the house!
Listen, my favorite band was formed in 1978 and I actually like Billy Joel. Can't a guy bust balls anymore? Sheesh
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 08:32:03 AM
Where is the FloridaFukStik this week, he has been scarce.
enjoying what Florida has to offer.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 08:35:05 AM
I could go to the Verizon store and have them fix my tablet. after the last update the wifi won't turn on even after doing a factory reset.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 08:37:49 AM
taxes were done yesterday. nothing like getting fucked with no hugs and kisses. thank you Obama.
Is there another way?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 08:52:14 AM
taxes were done yesterday. nothing like getting fucked with no hugs and kisses. thank you Obama.
Is there another way?
Yes, but people are sheep.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 08:55:27 AM
taxes were done yesterday. nothing like getting fucked with no hugs and kisses. thank you Obama.
Is there another way?
the bastard changed the health care rules from last year. was $300 maximum penalty for not having health insurance. I got hit for $790, even though I had insurance for 8 months, it wasn't allowed. I had a $2,589 interest payment on my student loan rejected because it's not allowed under 'married filing separate'. I have 10% of my SS going to tax withholding and found out I am in a 21% tax bracket. due April 18, $1,937. WTF.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 08:59:07 AM
too bad Canada isn't warm, I'd move in with Barry.
I wish I knew someone in Mexico.
anybody want to adopt a 64 year old promiscuous deadbeat?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:09:02 AM
too bad Canada isn't warm, I'd move in with Barry.
I wish I knew someone in Mexico.
anybody want to adopt a 64 year old promiscuous deadbeat?
NO!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:09:18 AM
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:09:54 AM
taxes were done yesterday. nothing like getting fucked with no hugs and kisses. thank you Obama.
Is there another way?
the bastard changed the health care rules from last year. was $300 maximum penalty for not having health insurance. I got hit for $790, even though I had insurance for 8 months, it wasn't allowed. I had a $2,589 interest payment on my student loan rejected because it's not allowed under 'married filing separate'. I have 10% of my SS going to tax withholding and found out I am in a 21% tax bracket. due April 18, $1,937. WTF.
You are whining to the wrong person about taxes.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 09:10:34 AM
too bad Canada isn't warm, I'd move in with Barry.
I wish I knew someone in Mexico.
anybody want to adopt a 64 year old promiscuous deadbeat?
NO!
it's okay, I understand.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:13:26 AM
want to do some more island hopping today. weatherman calling for thunderstorms.
Not an advisable combination.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:15:21 AM
Good morning, boys.
Happy Friday Mayor T.
More knowledge transfer meetings with my replacements today. Sheesh.

Looking forward to the Billy Joel concert tonight.
You DO realize it's 2016, right? Or was that a random thought from 1990?
GFY young rabbit, Billy Joel still rocks the house!
Listen, my favorite band was formed in 1978 and I actually like Billy Joel. Can't a guy bust balls anymore? Sheesh
Mayor is training his replacements, cut the man some slack!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 09:17:08 AM
good news! my electric bill is in, $47.03
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:19:56 AM
The Page has the Tat Pudgy Monsters samplers for $68.15 FS which is a little better than I have seen them before.   Not a burner but on their sampler sale.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 09:25:53 AM
The Page has the Tat Pudgy Monsters samplers for $68.15 FS which is a little better than I have seen them before.   Not a burner but on their sampler sale.
My last order for these was $55 on the sis bid, $59 with amortized shipping. Amazing the price range that sampler sees.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:28:45 AM
The Page has the Tat Pudgy Monsters samplers for $68.15 FS which is a little better than I have seen them before.   Not a burner but on their sampler sale.
My last order for these was $55 on the sis bid, $59 with amortized shipping. Amazing the price range that sampler sees.
I don't count bid deals when comparing prices.

They have been pretty consistent around $69-70 on most specials for a while, personally I have not bought one because I don't like most of the vitolas in them.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 09:39:23 AM
The Page has the Tat Pudgy Monsters samplers for $68.15 FS which is a little better than I have seen them before.   Not a burner but on their sampler sale.
My last order for these was $55 on the sis bid, $59 with amortized shipping. Amazing the price range that sampler sees.
I don't count bid deals when comparing prices.

They have been pretty consistent around $69-70 on most specials for a while, personally I have not bought one because I don't like most of the vitolas in them.
How can you not count bid deals?  Those are real every day prices paid for sticks and an accurate indicator of a cigar's market value.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:49:27 AM
The Page has the Tat Pudgy Monsters samplers for $68.15 FS which is a little better than I have seen them before.   Not a burner but on their sampler sale.
My last order for these was $55 on the sis bid, $59 with amortized shipping. Amazing the price range that sampler sees.
I don't count bid deals when comparing prices.

They have been pretty consistent around $69-70 on most specials for a while, personally I have not bought one because I don't like most of the vitolas in them.
How can you not count bid deals?  Those are real every day prices paid for sticks and an accurate indicator of a cigar's market value.
They are not everyday prices as they are not available every day and 90% of the bid items sell for more than you can frequently buy them for when you add the shipping.  It took me several weeks of Fuk'n around with bids to get some warheads that at a great deal saved me about $12.   There are occasional steal deals for sure if you have the patience to fuk with them but of course I have heard  there is always the risk of  Travellin Dave or Fish Fuk'n you over.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:53:01 AM
DOW.  +4
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 10:14:34 AM
[...]

+2
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 10:27:11 AM
[...]

Granted, the bid sites are not every day prices, but neither are the "daily deal" offers every day pricing.  Can one say a particular deal is good, bad, or indifferent and exclude data from the recent past?  I think not.  You are now clear to GFY.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 10:56:00 AM
[...]

Thank You for the clearance, now go work on the wardens bathroom like an obedient husband.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 10:58:18 AM
[...]

Regardless of the product auctions are never representative of market prices (highs or lows) beyond that auction at that time.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 11:17:05 AM
Laranja's arrived from the Jam. :)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 11:18:01 AM
[...]

Sheesh, you would have thought I found that deal in the USA Today!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 11:28:59 AM
Got to walk the dogs then off to find some lunch.  Later Folks.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 11:32:43 AM
good news. my Verizon tablet shit the bed and my warrantee expired last month. they are being nice and honoring my warantee.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 12:05:02 PM
good news. my Verizon tablet shit the bed and my warrantee expired last month. they are being nice and honoring my warantee.
Dean gets a break!  Mark this date down.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 12:05:36 PM
[...]

You never know...
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 12:23:22 PM
good news. my Verizon tablet shit the bed and my warrantee expired last month. they are being nice and honoring my warantee.
Dean gets a break!  Mark this date down.

...But they just alerted the tax office, and the full, retail value of the tablet will now be on his earnings list for next year.  ;)

Afternoon, Non-bidders and bidders alike
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 12:29:12 PM
[...]

You now have clearance Clarence... over Unger... roger Roger
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 12:31:48 PM
I think Golf was happy to have a chance at Carson Wentz in the draft. After the Rams trade up, Jared Goff is probably no longer an option anyway.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 12:34:41 PM
Got to walk the dogs then off to find some lunch.  Later Folks.

Try a restaurant or a food truck. They usually have a decent selection.  :D
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 12:35:02 PM
CBin' my azz off
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 12:46:55 PM
good news. my Verizon tablet shit the bed and my warrantee expired last month. they are being nice and honoring my warantee.
Dean gets a break!  Mark this date down.

...But they just alerted the tax office, and the full, retail value of the tablet will now be on his earnings list for next year.  ;)

Afternoon, Non-bidders and bidders alike
Afternoon Steve
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 12:47:53 PM
I think Golf was happy to have a chance at Carson Wentz in the draft. After the Rams trade up, Jared Goff is probably no longer an option anyway.
The Rams are out of their minds
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:01:17 PM
I think Golf was happy to have a chance at Carson Wentz in the draft. After the Rams trade up, Jared Goff is probably no longer an option anyway.
The Rams are out of their minds

Definitely a high risk move. Goff is a good QB. I'd say the Rams feel like he may be Aaron Rodgers good... but Rodgers went #24, so they either REALLY like him, or don't trust their talent evaluators to wait on a guy later in the draft. I know the Rams need to win now, and with the LA move, getting a California QB makes a lot of sense.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on April 15, 2016, 01:07:20 PM
good news. my Verizon tablet shit the bed and my warrantee expired last month. they are being nice and honoring my warantee.
Dean gets a break!  Mark this date down.

...But they just alerted the tax office, and the full, retail value of the tablet will now be on his earnings list for next year.  ;)

Afternoon, Non-bidders and bidders alike
thank you BackyardObama.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 01:08:30 PM
I think Golf was happy to have a chance at Carson Wentz in the draft. After the Rams trade up, Jared Goff is probably no longer an option anyway.
The Rams are out of their minds

Definitely a high risk move. Goff is a good QB. I'd say the Rams feel like he may be Aaron Rodgers good... but Rodgers went #24, so they either REALLY like him, or don't trust their talent evaluators to wait on a guy later in the draft. I know the Rams need to win now, and with the LA move, getting a California QB makes a lot of sense.
The issue is they said they were bringing both guys in to spend some time with them. How do you make that trade when you don't know which guy you even want? You make that trade for an Andrew Luck because you know he was a sure-thing
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on April 15, 2016, 01:09:51 PM
CBin' my azz off
Another cigarbreath wannabe.  Eat your heart out.  Afternoon burgerman
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:11:14 PM
good news. my Verizon tablet shit the bed and my warrantee expired last month. they are being nice and honoring my warantee.
Dean gets a break!  Mark this date down.

...But they just alerted the tax office, and the full, retail value of the tablet will now be on his earnings list for next year.  ;)

Afternoon, Non-bidders and bidders alike
thank you BackyardObama.

Aah, shit!

It happens

What? Shit?

Sometimes

Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:12:56 PM
CBin' my azz off
Another cigarbreath wannabe.  Eat your heart out.  Afternoon burgerman

(http://www.wannaburger.com/images/wannaburger/logo.png)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 01:13:04 PM
Good afternoon gents...

Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:14:25 PM
CBin' my azz off
Another cigarbreath wannabe.  Eat your heart out.  Afternoon burgerman

Howdy, CB
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:14:44 PM
Good afternoon gents...

...and Dad  ;D
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:17:11 PM
CBin' my azz off
Another cigarbreath wannabe.  Eat your heart out.  Afternoon burgerman

Howdy, CB

Looks like the Reds leveled out from their undefeated status. Braves have yet to even win a game... could be record breaking uuuugly!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 01:21:26 PM
[...]

Ha!  That movie is a true original.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 01:22:13 PM
Good afternoon gents...

...and Dad  ;D
Howdy BS....  I'm just lurking a little and working in the yard.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:22:58 PM
I think Golf was happy to have a chance at Carson Wentz in the draft. After the Rams trade up, Jared Goff is probably no longer an option anyway.
The Rams are out of their minds

Definitely a high risk move. Goff is a good QB. I'd say the Rams feel like he may be Aaron Rodgers good... but Rodgers went #24, so they either REALLY like him, or don't trust their talent evaluators to wait on a guy later in the draft. I know the Rams need to win now, and with the LA move, getting a California QB makes a lot of sense.
The issue is they said they were bringing both guys in to spend some time with them. How do you make that trade when you don't know which guy you even want? You make that trade for an Andrew Luck because you know he was a sure-thing

I know what you're sayin'. They could have still let the Browns pick before them and STILL got the better QB long term... no matter which it ended up being. Sorry, Golf. It's funny 'cause it's true.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 01:23:16 PM
Good afternoon gents...
...and Dad  ;D
Howdy BS....  I'm just lurking a little and working in the yard.
Afternoon BD.  Neighbor lady out, too?
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on April 15, 2016, 01:23:48 PM
CBin' my azz off
Another cigarbreath wannabe.  Eat your heart out.  Afternoon burgerman

(http://www.wannaburger.com/images/wannaburger/logo.png)
Nice graphic.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 01:24:56 PM
Good afternoon gents...
...and Dad  ;D
Howdy BS....  I'm just lurking a little and working in the yard.
Afternoon BD.  Neighbor lady out, too?
No, just me and the bugs...
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 01:25:33 PM
Well, it's back outside.. :)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on April 15, 2016, 01:25:43 PM
CBin' my azz off
Another cigarbreath wannabe.  Eat your heart out.  Afternoon burgerman

Howdy, CB

Looks like the Reds leveled out from their undefeated status. Braves have yet to even win a game... could be record breaking uuuugly!
Cubbies were all over the Reds.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on April 15, 2016, 01:26:12 PM
Well, it's back outside.. :)
Out your backside BD.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:33:44 PM
[...]

+1
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:37:45 PM
Good afternoon gents...

...and Dad  ;D
Howdy BS....  I'm just lurking a little and working in the yard.

Looks like I missed ya, Dad. Good luck hiding in the bushes... er, I mean with the yardwork, (http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/expressifs/yeux/jumelles.gif)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:46:37 PM
CBin' my azz off
Another cigarbreath wannabe.  Eat your heart out.  Afternoon burgerman

Howdy, CB

Looks like the Reds leveled out from their undefeated status. Braves have yet to even win a game... could be record breaking uuuugly!
Cubbies were all over the Reds.  Sheesh!

Cubs have a good team. Could be Series contenders if it wasn't for the darn goat curse. (http://nyreefs.org/forums/images/smilies/2/goat.gif)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: sfish on April 15, 2016, 01:56:43 PM
San Lotano OVAL Habano Corona - $88 Scorching
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 01:57:51 PM
San Lotano OVAL Habano Corona - $88 Scorching

I like 'em
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 02:16:56 PM
Good afternoon gents...

...and Dad  ;D
Howdy BS....  I'm just lurking a little and working in the yard.

Looks like I missed ya, Dad. Good luck hiding in the bushes... er, I mean with the yardwork, (http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/expressifs/yeux/jumelles.gif)
There's no need to hide in the bushes anymore.  There's just not anything fun to look at in the neighborhood anymore.  But I do miss the young couple that used to take a shower together at 10pm Saturday nights with no curtains... :)  You could set your clock by them every Saturday night..., and my clocks were always set correctly..
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 02:18:03 PM
San Lotano OVAL Habano Corona - $88 Scorching
Damn, and I like Ovals...!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 02:20:41 PM
My grandkids stayed over night with me last Friday.  Four and Seven years old.  I told them they get to sleep in the water bed.  That night when they went to bed, my grandson (4) said in a very disappointing voice, "Hey, these covers are not wet..!!!!"
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
Good afternoon gents...

...and Dad  ;D
Howdy BS....  I'm just lurking a little and working in the yard.

Looks like I missed ya, Dad. Good luck hiding in the bushes... er, I mean with the yardwork, (http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/expressifs/yeux/jumelles.gif)
There's no need to hide in the bushes anymore.  There's just not anything fun to look at in the neighborhood anymore.  But I do miss the young couple that used to take a shower together at 10pm Saturday nights with no curtains... :)  You could set your clock by them every Saturday night..., and my clocks were always set correctly..

Sounds like the movie Body Double.... they knew nude you'd watch.  ;)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 02:33:48 PM
Good afternoon gents...

...and Dad  ;D
Howdy BS....  I'm just lurking a little and working in the yard.

Looks like I missed ya, Dad. Good luck hiding in the bushes... er, I mean with the yardwork, (http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/expressifs/yeux/jumelles.gif)
There's no need to hide in the bushes anymore.  There's just not anything fun to look at in the neighborhood anymore.  But I do miss the young couple that used to take a shower together at 10pm Saturday nights with no curtains... :)  You could set your clock by them every Saturday night..., and my clocks were always set correctly..

Sounds like the movie Body Double.... they knew nude you'd watch.  ;)
Later I had another lady that lived directly behind me.  My drinking buddy would come over, and around 9pm, we'd get some drinks and actually turn our chairs towards the woman's house.  Not long after, she would come in and take a shower with not curtains.  She never looked at us, but I'm sure she had to know.  And with us with our chairs turned her way...  Boy, the good'ol days...!!!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 02:35:17 PM
Well, it's time for me to cut some more grass.  Front yard is done.  Now it's the backyard.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 02:53:07 PM
Damn, 15 minutes of cutting grass, and I'm wore out... ugh...
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 02:55:38 PM
[...]

A show at 9 and 10pm... Double Feature Night! I'm starting to think your clock may be the most accurate in the continental US.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 02:58:11 PM
Where's Dad, $20 Kuba Kuba's Burning.
Man, that's cheap....  I just had a Kuba Kuba Maduro last night.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on April 15, 2016, 03:00:06 PM
[...]

The binoculars were a dead give away.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 03:02:55 PM
Seems the new trend in the NFL of early retirement is really catching on... Calvin Johnson, D'Brickashaw Ferguson and today Percy Harvin (27)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 03:02:56 PM
So we going to wrap up the week with the DOW over 18,000?
Depends on whether the big 5 banks are short or long.
Futures are trending down.
Eenie meenie chili beanie....
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 03:04:53 PM
[...]

I still keep a pair in the kitchen.  I believe they call it, "Neighborhood Watch," now... :)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 03:05:58 PM
Ok, back to mowing...  I have to be done by 3pm, so I can start supper... bbl
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 03:45:50 PM
Scorcher@CigarPage.com
Burner #149

Don Pepin Garcia El Centurion Robusto (5.7"x50) - Box of 20

MSRP $142.00 $89.53

...was waiting to see if this one was Cheapy-Cheapo Approved. Seemed like a fair/average deal.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 03:57:18 PM
Nice deal for Connie Fans

San Lotano Oval Connecticut Corona

Box of 20/$76 + shipping at Atlantic
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 03:58:45 PM
Scorcher@CigarPage.com
Burner #153

Tatuaje Cabaiguan Robustos Extra (5.2"x50) - 5 Cigars

MSRP $46.25 $33.68

...no a deal here, but a nice smoke <$25 in pretty good.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Threebean on April 15, 2016, 03:59:41 PM
Scorcher@CigarPage.com
Burner #149

Don Pepin Garcia El Centurion Robusto (5.7"x50) - Box of 20

MSRP $142.00 $89.53

...was waiting to see if this one was Cheapy-Cheapo Approved. Seemed like a fair/average deal.
That is an approved deal!  The best I've done on the toro is $99/20.  I have not purchased the rob.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 04:00:13 PM
Nice deal for Connie Fans

San Lotano Oval Connecticut Corona

Box of 20/$76 + shipping at Atlantic

I'd say the Oval Coronas on the Page earlier were a better buy... but that's just me.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 04:02:47 PM
Nice deal for Connie Fans

San Lotano Oval Connecticut Corona

Box of 20/$76 + shipping at Atlantic

I'd say the Oval Coronas on the Page earlier were a better buy... but that's just me.
I would too but I am not much of a Connie fan.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 04:05:48 PM
Scorcher@CigarPage.com
Burner #149

Don Pepin Garcia El Centurion Robusto (5.7"x50) - Box of 20

MSRP $142.00 $89.53

...was waiting to see if this one was Cheapy-Cheapo Approved. Seemed like a fair/average deal.
That is an approved deal!  The best I've done on the toro is $99/20.  I have not purchased the rob.

I enjoy the toro as well. Matter of fact, I'd possibly say most of the Pepin/My Father I like are the toro vitolas. Can usually add $15-$20 box though.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 04:11:51 PM
Scorcher@CigarPage.com
Burner #149

Don Pepin Garcia El Centurion Robusto (5.7"x50) - Box of 20

MSRP $142.00 $89.53

...was waiting to see if this one was Cheapy-Cheapo Approved. Seemed like a fair/average deal.
That is an approved deal!  The best I've done on the toro is $99/20.  I have not purchased the rob.

(http://previews.123rf.com/images/arcady31/arcady311003/arcady31100300005/6597611-Approved-stamp-Stock-Photo-seal.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 04:13:14 PM
Think I will have a beer and a cigar while you working stiffs toil.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 04:16:44 PM
Think I will have a beer and a cigar while you working stiffs toil.

...but we've been anxiously awaiting hearing about what you decided on for lunch.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 04:18:27 PM
Think I will have a beer and a cigar while you working stiffs toil.

btw, that sounds glorious... bastige!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on April 15, 2016, 04:53:55 PM
Well, looks like the 'ol clock on the wall is telling me it's time to go choose my own cigar and beverage... and since the clock waits for no one, I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 05:11:56 PM
Just for Tony I cut a V Notch in a V Perfecto :).
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 05:22:03 PM
So we going to wrap up the week with the DOW over 18,000?
Depends on whether the big 5 banks are short or long.
Futures are trending down.
NO

DOW closed -29 points @ 17,897
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on April 15, 2016, 06:01:58 PM
Cigar didn't look all that great cosmetically and whoever put the band on was drunk. The first few puffs had me contemplating if I should toss it in the pond. Thank goodness I didn't. The cigar is smooth and packed with flavor, flavors I enjoy. That aged tobacco and floral notes with a medium body are wonderful. Very much like Moore & Bode one of my favorite cigars. Really enjoying this cigar.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 06:58:59 PM
Champagne with a Padron '64 lit!

Mom and I are celebrating for our son who has only been practicing law for about 8 months and put it all on the line opening his own firm 2 months ago Monday.  This afternoon he won a huge wrongful death case.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:05:06 PM
LaRanja's 5/$31.50 burning if anybody is awake.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:08:57 PM
LaRanja's 5/$31.50 burning if anybody is awake.
Gone!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:09:10 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 08:19:14 PM
LaRanja's 5/$31.50 burning if anybody is awake.
Nice offering for sure.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 15, 2016, 08:20:47 PM
Not that I'm tempted, but thinking these AF Chateau's for for mid 20's on a jam.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 08:33:17 PM
Not that I'm tempted, but thinking these AF Chateau's for for mid 20's on a jam.
Can't remember but seems lke the $22.50 - $25 or so range maybe but that was a damn good price on the burner.  They have had a lot of nice smokes today and some at good prices.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 15, 2016, 09:56:12 PM
Wake up Dad you got 4 minutes!

ACID Kuba Kuba Maduro - Mazo of 25

$84 FS

Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 10:17:45 PM
Wake up Dad you got 4 minutes!

ACID Kuba Kuba Maduro - Mazo of 25

$84 FS
Thanks for the heads up, but I don't have any room in my humidors at the moment.  I raked 3 bags of leaves and gumballs, sprayed the weeds and dandelions, cut grass, took a shower, cooked supper, and did the dishes.  I sat down and watched tv for an hour, and when I went to get back up, I could hardly get up because I was so tired.  Now I hope I only have the energy to get up and 6 a.m. for babysitting tomorrow.... yikes..!  So tomorrow it's laundry, babysitting, and TV dinners. Then I'm going to bed and I'm not getting up until Monday.
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on April 15, 2016, 11:02:53 PM
It's time for bed.  Good night everyone...
Title: Re: 4/15/2016
Post by: Johnny on April 16, 2016, 12:21:26 AM
C'mon Tony,flip this mother fucker already!!