CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 17, 2016, 12:00:29 AM

Title: 1/17/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on January 17, 2016, 12:00:29 AM
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 12:27:33 AM
Cigar deals? Moore & Bode are 20% off, CI has some CyB on sale, but no free shipping.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:11:13 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:12:04 AM
Today is Sunday, Jan. 17, the 17th day of 2016. There are 349 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:12:42 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 17, 1916, the Professional Golfers' Association of America had its beginnings as department store magnate Rodman Wanamaker hosted a luncheon of pro and amateur golfers in New York City. (The PGA of America was formally established on April 10, 1916.)
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:13:10 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:13:37 AM
In 1893, the 19th president of the United States, Rutherford B. Hayes, died in Fremont, Ohio, at age 70. Hawaii's monarchy was overthrown as a group of businessmen and sugar planters forced Queen Lili'uokalani (lee-LEE'-oo-oh-kah-LAH'-nee) to abdicate.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:13:59 AM
In 1929, the cartoon character Popeye the Sailor made his debut in the "Thimble Theatre" comic strip.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:14:22 AM
In 1945, Soviet and Polish forces liberated Warsaw during World War II; Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg, credited with saving tens of thousands of Jews, disappeared in Hungary while in Soviet custody.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:14:44 AM
In 1946, the United Nations Security Council held its first meeting, in London.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:15:05 AM
In 1950, the Great Brink's Robbery took place as seven masked men held up a Brink's garage in Boston, stealing $1.2 million in cash and $1.5 million in checks and money orders. (Although the entire gang was caught, only part of the loot was recovered.)
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:15:34 AM
In 1961, President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivered his farewell address in which he warned against "the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex."
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:16:29 AM
In 1966, a U.S. Air Force B-52 carrying four unarmed hydrogen bombs crashed on the Spanish coast. (Three of the bombs were quickly recovered, but the fourth wasn't recovered until April.) The Simon & Garfunkel album "Sounds of Silence" was released by Columbia Records.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:16:51 AM
In 1977, convicted murderer Gary Gilmore, 36, was shot by a firing squad at Utah State Prison in the first U.S. execution in a decade.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:17:14 AM
In 1984, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc., ruled 5-4 that the use of home video cassette recorders to tape television programs for private viewing did not violate federal copyright laws.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:17:36 AM
In 1995, more than 6,000 people were killed when an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.2 devastated the city of Kobe (koh-bay), Japan.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:18:04 AM
In 1996, Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman and nine followers were handed long prison sentences for plotting to blow up New York-area landmarks. Former U.S. Rep. Barbara Jordan, D-Texas, died in Austin at age 59.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:18:35 AM
In 2001, faced with an electricity crisis, California used rolling blackouts to cut off power to hundreds of thousands of people; Gov. Gray Davis signed an emergency order authorizing the state to buy power.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:59:14 AM
Ten years ago: The U.S. Supreme Court protected Oregon's assisted-suicide law, ruling that doctors there who helped terminally ill patients die could not be arrested under federal drug laws. Hostage American reporter Jill Carroll appeared in a silent 20-second video aired by Al-Jazeera television, which said her abductors had given the United States 72 hours to free female prisoners in Iraq or she would be killed. (Carroll was freed unharmed on March 30, 2006.) California executed convicted killer Clarence Ray Allen a day after his 76th birthday.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 03:59:42 AM
Five years ago: Apple Inc. announced that its CEO, Steve Jobs, was taking his second medical leave of absence in two years. (Jobs died nine months later.) Rock promoter Don Kirshner, 76, died in Boca Raton, Florida.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 04:00:17 AM
One year ago: Pope Francis braved an approaching tropical storm to travel to the far eastern Philippines to comfort survivors of the deadly Typhoon Haiyan. Bill Cosby performed to a welcoming Denver audience, despite a protest by some 100 people chanting "Rape is not a joke!" and "No means no!" outside the Buell Theatre.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 04:00:48 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Betty White is 94. Former FCC chairman Newton N. Minow is 90. Actor James Earl Jones is 85. Talk show host Maury Povich is 77. International Boxing Hall of Famer Muhammad Ali is 74. Pop singer Chris Montez is 74. Rhythm-and-blues singer William Hart (The Delfonics) is 71. Actress Joanna David is 69. Actress Jane Elliot (TV: "General Hospital") is 69. Rock musician Mick Taylor is 68. Rhythm-and-blues singer Sheila Hutchinson (The Emotions) is 63. Singer Steve Earle is 61. Singer Paul Young is 60. Actor-comedian Steve Harvey is 59. Singer Susanna Hoffs (The Bangles) is 57. Movie director/screenwriter Brian Helgeland is 55. Actor-comedian Jim Carrey is 54. Actor Denis O'Hare is 54. First lady Michelle Obama is 52. Actor Joshua Malina is 50. Singer Shabba Ranks is 50. Rock musician Jon Wysocki is 48. Actor Naveen Andrews is 47. Electronic music DJ Tiesto is 47. Rapper Kid Rock is 45. Actor Freddy Rodriguez is 41. Actor-writer Leigh Whannel is 39. Actress-singer Zooey Deschanel is 36. Professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy (TV: "Dancing with the Stars") is 36. Singer Ray J is 35. Actor Diogo Morgado is 35. Country singer Amanda Wilkinson is 34. DJ/singer Calvin Harris is 32. Folk-rock musician Jeremiah Fraites is 30. Actor Jonathan Keltz is 28. Actress Kathrine (cq) Herzer (TV: "Madam Secretary") is 19.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 04:01:13 AM
Thought for Today: "The only thing wrong with immortality is that it tends to go on forever." — Herb Caen, American newspaper columnist (1916-1997).
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 04:01:53 AM
Pest Control
-------------------------

A woman was having a passionate affair with an inspector from a pest-control company. One afternoon they were carrying on in the bedroom together when her husband arrived home unexpectedly. "Quick," said the woman to her lover, "into the closet!" and she pushed him in the closet, stark naked. The husband, however, became suspicious and after a search of the bedroom discovered the man in the closet. "Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm an inspector from Termite Busters," said the exterminator.

"What are you doing in there?" the husband asked.

"I'm investigating a complaint about an infestation of moths," the man replied.

"And where are your clothes?" asked the husband.

The man looked down at himself and said, "Those little bastards."

Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 05:14:44 AM
Sheesh!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 06:04:40 AM
Morning LSU.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 06:06:08 AM
What a great football game last night with Green Bay & Arizona!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 06:19:35 AM
What a great football game last night with Green Bay & Arizona!
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 06:20:08 AM
What a great football game last night with Green Bay & Arizona!
I am afraid that was past my bed time.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 06:22:46 AM
Morning LSU.
Hopefully your fence is done and you can relax today.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 06:37:05 AM
Morning LSU.
Hopefully your fence is done and you can relax today.
LOL, had cold wind and some misting rain yesterday and did not touch it.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 06:37:52 AM
What a great football game last night with Green Bay & Arizona!
I am afraid that was past my bed time.
Mine too but I actually stayed awake all the way to the end knowing I did not have to get up early this morning.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 07:20:26 AM
What a great football game last night with Green Bay & Arizona!
I am afraid that was past my bed time.
Mine too but I actually stayed awake all the way to the end knowing I did not have to get up early this morning.
Sure was a wild one!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 07:20:50 AM
Morning Chip and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 07:21:18 AM
Morning LSU.
Hopefully your fence is done and you can relax today.
LOL, had cold wind and some misting rain yesterday and did not touch it.
Starting to sound like your IT guys.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 07:31:07 AM
Morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 17, 2016, 07:31:34 AM
Morning LSU.
Hopefully your fence is done and you can relax today.
LOL, had cold wind and some misting rain yesterday and did not touch it.
Starting to sound like your IT guys.
He should just hire someone to do that job for him.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 07:32:04 AM
Morning LSU.
Hopefully your fence is done and you can relax today.
LOL, had cold wind and some misting rain yesterday and did not touch it.
Starting to sound like your IT guys.
He should just hire someone to do that job for him.
Agreed!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 08:08:11 AM
Tornado's in Tampa area this morning.  Where was Dean going for his weekend getaway?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:38:02 AM
Tornado's in Tampa area this morning.  Where was Dean going for his weekend getaway?
St Augustine, up towards Jacksonville on the Atlantic side.  Just some moderate thunderstorms rolled through there in the wee hours.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:39:04 AM
Morning LSU.
Hopefully your fence is done and you can relax today.
LOL, had cold wind and some misting rain yesterday and did not touch it.
Starting to sound like your IT guys.
He should just hire someone to do that job for him.
Agreed!
Around here it is easier to just do it yourself if you can.  Posts were still solid so not too big of a job.

Insurance just paid for 30 feet of the 60 feet which was enough to pay for all my materials for all of it, can't just replace 1/2 of a 10 year old wood fence as it would look ridiculous.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:39:45 AM
Morning LSU.
Hopefully your fence is done and you can relax today.
LOL, had cold wind and some misting rain yesterday and did not touch it.
Starting to sound like your IT guys.
Or a retired guy maybe ;)
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:46:51 AM
I went back to sleep for a while, further retirement practice.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:47:49 AM
33 degrees here this morning but sunny and no wind.  Will get some fence work done today.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 08:50:21 AM
I went back to sleep for a while, further retirement practice.
You ARE getting better at it.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 08:51:28 AM
Wonder if BD saw any of those good Page deals on his Acids...
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:53:33 AM
I went back to sleep for a while, further retirement practice.
You ARE getting better at it.
Should be pretty good at it when the time comes.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:54:46 AM
Wonder if BD saw any of those good Page deals on his Acids...
He was lurking yesterday and asked me about buying a tub so maybe so.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:55:33 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 09:01:10 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.

Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 09:15:06 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.
i don't see the great deal, $5 and up per cigar. Good morning.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 09:26:42 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.
i don't see the great deal, $5 and up per cigar. Good morning.
Agreed. AVOs are not my thing but I would have considered a 5 or 10 pack of Synchros at a decent price. Definitely not looking for a box of anything.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 09:33:24 AM
Good morning, gringos.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 09:35:40 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.
i don't see the great deal, $5 and up per cigar. Good morning.
Agreed. AVOs are not my thing but I would have considered a 5 or 10 pack of Synchros at a decent price. Definitely not looking for a box of anything.
is your seven year buying hiatus over Tony ?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 09:40:46 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.
i don't see the great deal, $5 and up per cigar. Good morning.
Agreed. AVOs are not my thing but I would have considered a 5 or 10 pack of Synchros at a decent price. Definitely not looking for a box of anything.
is your seven year buying hiatus over Tony ?
Has it been 7 years already? Hahaha! Truth is, I don't buy much but I must not smoke much either because I'm always flush with cigars. In fact, I definitely buy more than I smoke in any given year. But that includes b&m smokes and my take from CigarFest too.

Edit: And let's not forget the cigars that are gifted to me.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 09:43:18 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.
i don't see the great deal, $5 and up per cigar. Good morning.
Agreed. AVOs are not my thing but I would have considered a 5 or 10 pack of Synchros at a decent price. Definitely not looking for a box of anything.
is your seven year buying hiatus over Tony ?
Has it been 7 years already? Hahaha! Truth is, I don't buy much but I must not smoke much either because I'm always flush with cigars. In fact, I definitely buy more than I smoke in any given year. But that includes b&m smokes and my take from CigarFest too.
whaen it's -8 outside I don't smoke much either
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 09:47:01 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.
i don't see the great deal, $5 and up per cigar. Good morning.
Agreed. AVOs are not my thing but I would have considered a 5 or 10 pack of Synchros at a decent price. Definitely not looking for a box of anything.
is your seven year buying hiatus over Tony ?
Has it been 7 years already? Hahaha! Truth is, I don't buy much but I must not smoke much either because I'm always flush with cigars. In fact, I definitely buy more than I smoke in any given year. But that includes b&m smokes and my take from CigarFest too.
whaen it's -8 outside I don't smoke much either
I hear ya. We're not that cold here but it's cooling up again. We had warm weather yesterday but it's supposed to snow tomorrow. I began smoking pipe tobacco during my commute home on those colder days.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 09:51:30 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 09:52:48 AM
@ The Page Today

Swiss cheese: Davidoff's Avo gets drilled. Up to 45% off all blends.
Yawn... :-\
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 09:53:07 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor and Oy.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 09:54:09 AM
San Cristobal Elegancia with coffee this morning.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 09:55:27 AM
Morning Basement Dwelling Tony and OY
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 09:59:39 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:00:19 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor and Oy.
Great day to you, NJDave. How was your outing yesterday?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:01:11 AM
Morning Basement Dwelling Tony and OY
Hello, TXDave. How's the fence coming along?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:01:45 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:02:36 AM
Three Davids and an Anthony walk into a cigarbanter.com...
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:02:48 AM
Morning Basement Dwelling Tony and OY
Hello, TXDave. How's the fence coming along?
Coming along great, I have not touched it yet!  Weather delay yesterday and cold this morning but will get on it in an hour or so.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:03:27 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Do tell.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:06:41 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Do tell.
I am a big fan of LFD's but the Suave is a totally different cigar than their usual extra bold stuff, was their first cigar actually.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:09:21 AM
Morning Basement Dwelling Tony and OY
Hello, TXDave. How's the fence coming along?
Coming along great, I have not touched it yet!  Weather delay yesterday and cold this morning but will get on it in an hour or so.
I'm trying to decide whether I want to get one of those Bagsters or just continue to fill up 8 - 55 gallon trash bags twice a week for trash night.

Still tons to do but I definitely made a big dent this week. I can now walk around to 3/4 of the basement.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:10:06 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Do tell.
I am a big fan of LFD's but the Suave is a totally different cigar than their usual extra bold stuff, was their first cigar actually.
I meant, where's the deal?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:12:34 AM
Morning Basement Dwelling Tony and OY
Hello, TXDave. How's the fence coming along?
Coming along great, I have not touched it yet!  Weather delay yesterday and cold this morning but will get on it in an hour or so.
I'm trying to decide whether I want to get one of those Bagsters or just continue to fill up 8 - 55 gallon trash bags twice a week for trash night.

Still tons to do but I definitely made a big dent this week. I can now walk around to 3/4 of the basement.
I am getting a dumpster for a week to load up with the old fencing and a lot of other junk.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:16:04 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Do tell.
I am a big fan of LFD's but the Suave is a totally different cigar than their usual extra bold stuff, was their first cigar actually.
I meant, where's the deal?
http://www.egars.com/product-p/lfds5542p5.htm

Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:25:40 AM
Morning Basement Dwelling Tony and OY
Hello, TXDave. How's the fence coming along?
Coming along great, I have not touched it yet!  Weather delay yesterday and cold this morning but will get on it in an hour or so.
I'm trying to decide whether I want to get one of those Bagsters or just continue to fill up 8 - 55 gallon trash bags twice a week for trash night.

Still tons to do but I definitely made a big dent this week. I can now walk around to 3/4 of the basement.
I am getting a dumpster for a week to load up with the old fencing and a lot of other junk.
What's nice about the Bagster is that I can take as long as I want to fill it up and then just call them to pick it up when I'm ready. I think their largest one is 3 cu yds.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:28:53 AM
Morning Basement Dwelling Tony and OY
Hello, TXDave. How's the fence coming along?
Coming along great, I have not touched it yet!  Weather delay yesterday and cold this morning but will get on it in an hour or so.
I'm trying to decide whether I want to get one of those Bagsters or just continue to fill up 8 - 55 gallon trash bags twice a week for trash night.

Still tons to do but I definitely made a big dent this week. I can now walk around to 3/4 of the basement.
I am getting a dumpster for a week to load up with the old fencing and a lot of other junk.
What's nice about the Bagster is that I can take as long as I want to fill it up and then just call them to pick it up when I'm ready. I think their largest one is 3 cu yds.
Yeah I have used them from Home Depot before and it was fine.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 10:29:17 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Do tell.
I am a big fan of LFD's but the Suave is a totally different cigar than their usual extra bold stuff, was their first cigar actually.
I meant, where's the deal?
http://www.egars.com/product-p/lfds5542p5.htm
It's hard to justify $9 for shipping on a $13 order. Although if you buy two and wind up paying $34, including shipping for 10 LFDs, that's not too shabby.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:29:34 AM
Guess I will get to the fence project.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 10:30:31 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Do tell.
I am a big fan of LFD's but the Suave is a totally different cigar than their usual extra bold stuff, was their first cigar actually.
I meant, where's the deal?
http://www.egars.com/product-p/lfds5542p5.htm
It's hard to justify $9 for shipping on a $13 order. Although if you buy two and wind up paying $34, including shipping for 10 LFDs, that's not too shabby.
Exactly, the more you buy the better it is but one is a bad buy for sure.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 11:09:32 AM
@Travellin Dave, you ever had a LFD Suave?
No, can't say that I have.
I haven't either but I've heard good things.
Neither have I but  asking because there is a hell of a deal on them but to come out with shipping have to buy 15 or 20.
Do tell.
I am a big fan of LFD's but the Suave is a totally different cigar than their usual extra bold stuff, was their first cigar actually.
I meant, where's the deal?
http://www.egars.com/product-p/lfds5542p5.htm
It's hard to justify $9 for shipping on a $13 order. Although if you buy two and wind up paying $34, including shipping for 10 LFDs, that's not too shabby.
Exactly, the more you buy the better it is but one is a bad buy for sure.
the fence is calling.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 11:20:29 AM
Fence work underway with an HC Yard Gar and some country music👍
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2016, 01:57:16 PM
Fence sheesh
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 02:32:01 PM
Fence sheesh
SHEESH!!!  Fence Lull
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 02:32:26 PM
Fence break
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 02:35:22 PM
Carolina is whooping some azz!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 02:50:09 PM
Carolina is whooping some azz!
......don't let them chickens get back in it.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2016, 03:47:53 PM
Here they come, Carolina needs a drive
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 03:51:35 PM
Here they come, Carolina needs a drive
they need to run some clock
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 04:20:01 PM
Here they come, Carolina needs a drive
they need to run some clock
Crazy game there but the right team won. :)
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 04:21:18 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 04:50:24 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 05:04:22 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 05:13:41 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 05:19:00 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
He is a lot closer to yours ;D
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 05:21:23 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
He is a lot closer to yours ;D
Or is that drop a load?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 05:42:57 PM
Bronco's need to wakeup!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2016, 05:46:04 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
Always willing to help a BOTL ...within reason of course 😄
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 05:48:23 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
Always willing to help a BOTL ...within reason of course 😄
Da Beibs - Mr. Good Samaritan.  How was the boy's night out at Hamburg?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2016, 05:53:20 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
Always willing to help a BOTL ...within reason of course 😄
Da Beibs - Mr. Good Samaritan.  How was the boy's night out at Hamburg?
Was very nice, store visits are always fun and NJDave showed with his buddy John and John's son
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 06:00:26 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
Always willing to help a BOTL ...within reason of course 😄
Da Beibs - Mr. Good Samaritan.  How was the boy's night out at Hamburg?
Was very nice, store visits are always fun and NJDave showed with his buddy John and John's son
What about non-John?  Wish we had a place like that in or around Oxford but the kiddies are not into premium cigars.  Blunts are another story.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 17, 2016, 06:09:44 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
you live in Texas, they hang out in the parking lot and will come to your house.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 06:23:09 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
you live in Texas, they hang out in the parking lot and will come to your house.
Anywhere you live.  Oxford has it's community of "immigrants" legal or otherwise.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 06:23:24 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
you live in Texas, they hang out in the parking lot and will come to your house.
They put an end to that crap here, actually shut down a Home Depot it was so bad and only a fool would bring one of them home with him.  They have a center somewhere on the east side of town for day labor.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 06:24:14 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
you live in Texas, they hang out in the parking lot and will come to your house.
Anywhere you live.  Oxford has it's community of "immigrants" legal or otherwise.
Ours are all otherwise ::)
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 06:50:43 PM
Broncos just can't cross the 20 yard line for anything
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 07:13:03 PM
Bronco's need to wakeup!
Keep your comments to yourself. I like them sleeping.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 07:14:55 PM
Got to go unload some lumber out of my truck and carry it to the back yard.
didnt you go to the Home Depot, they have people there to do that for you señor
They don't come unload it at your house!
Beibfish will come and unload at your house.
Always willing to help a BOTL ...within reason of course 😄
Da Beibs - Mr. Good Samaritan.  How was the boy's night out at Hamburg?
Was very nice, store visits are always fun and NJDave showed with his buddy John and John's son
What about non-John?  Wish we had a place like that in or around Oxford but the kiddies are not into premium cigars.  Blunts are another story.
Non John finished in August and has a teaching position at Lafayette.  Hasn't been much contact with him since then.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 07:17:21 PM
Bronco's need to wakeup!
Keep your comments to yourself. I like them sleeping.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 07:26:21 PM
Looks like Tony woke Denver up.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 07:27:02 PM
I knew I shouldn't post until the game was over. FUCK!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 07:30:02 PM
I knew I shouldn't post until the game was over. FUCK!
We appreciate you waking them up for us.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 07:31:21 PM
Bronco's need to wakeup!
Keep your comments to yourself. I like them sleeping.
Can he do it in three minutes?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 07:31:48 PM
I knew I shouldn't post until the game was over. FUCK!
Never learn.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 07:43:32 PM

Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 07:49:04 PM

Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 07:50:04 PM

I guess I'm rooting for Manning to take them all the way then.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 07:56:35 PM

I guess I'm rooting for Manning to take them all the way then.
We can use the help, I don't care about Denver but I like the Manning family.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 08:00:27 PM

I guess I'm rooting for Manning to take them all the way then.
We can use the help, I don't care about Denver but I like the Manning family.
+1 Hoping to see a snowy game next week in Denver against the Pats.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2016, 08:08:51 PM

I guess I'm rooting for Manning to take them all the way then.
We can use the help, I don't care about Denver but I like the Manning family.
+3 Mannings
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 17, 2016, 08:48:09 PM
Watching me some Rambo.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 09:17:46 PM
Bronco's need to wakeup!
Keep your comments to yourself. I like them sleeping.
Can he do it in three minutes?
TWSS or TWSWK.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 09:21:02 PM
Watching me some Rambo.
You got your Rambo knife?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: sfish on January 17, 2016, 09:29:46 PM
Watching me some Rambo.
Did you tie on your headband?
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 17, 2016, 09:35:51 PM
Watching me some Rambo.
Did you tie on your headband?
He's been tying one on all day.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 09:48:27 PM
Watching me some Rambo.
Did you tie on your headband?
He's been tying one on all day.
Bada Boom!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 09:51:12 PM
Watching me some Rambo.
Did you tie on your headband?
He did get his AR.
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 17, 2016, 10:17:40 PM
Da Lull, boss, da Lull!
Title: Re: 1/17/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 17, 2016, 10:40:43 PM
Da Lull, boss, da Lull!
Yea, something like that.  As tomorrow is a work day, think it's time to call it.  Nite all.