CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 01, 2018, 12:00:55 AM

Title: 8/1/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on August 01, 2018, 12:00:55 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 02:16:59 AM
August 1st already?! I'm gonna count the clogged drain I've been working on for the last several hours as bad July juju. And now I'll welcome the auspicious new month with opened arms.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:17:49 AM
Happy August. I can see, kinda fuzzy though, lit a Padilla Cava robusto but trashed it. might be me but will let them sit quite a bit before I try another. Coffee is good though, will try another REO as soon as my taste buds recover.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 05:29:22 AM
August 1st already?! I'm gonna count the clogged drain I've been working on for the last several hours as bad July juju. And now I'll welcome the auspicious new month with opened arms.
Time definitely seems to goes by faster as you get older.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 05:29:39 AM
Happy August. I can see, kinda fuzzy though, lit a Padilla Cava robusto but trashed it. might be me but will let them sit quite a bit before I try another. Coffee is good though, will try another REO as soon as my taste buds recover.
Those REOs are a good cheapy cheapo smoke.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 05:46:11 AM
Happy August. I can see, kinda fuzzy though, lit a Padilla Cava robusto but trashed it. might be me but will let them sit quite a bit before I try another. Coffee is good though, will try another REO as soon as my taste buds recover.
Those REOs are a good cheapy cheapo smoke.
Yes indeed.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 05:49:45 AM
Happy August. I can see, kinda fuzzy though, lit a Padilla Cava robusto but trashed it. might be me but will let them sit quite a bit before I try another. Coffee is good though, will try another REO as soon as my taste buds recover.
Those REOs are a good cheapy cheapo smoke.
Yes indeed.
Good morning Dave.
What's the timeframe on clear sight again?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 06:30:05 AM
This is one of my two favorite months of the year - it's 3-pay August!
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 07:05:29 AM
Happy August. I can see, kinda fuzzy though, lit a Padilla Cava robusto but trashed it. might be me but will let them sit quite a bit before I try another. Coffee is good though, will try another REO as soon as my taste buds recover.
Those REOs are a good cheapy cheapo smoke.
Yes indeed.
Good morning Dave.
What's the timeframe on clear sight again?
August 13 I do my exam for glasses.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 07:06:04 AM
Off to post op and pre op.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 07:07:45 AM
This is one of my two favorite months of the year - it's 3-pay August!
Doesn't matter what month, I only get 2 pays a month, the 4th Wendesday and end of month.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 07:12:28 AM
Late start here, to say the least.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 07:40:06 AM
This is one of my two favorite months of the year - it's 3-pay August!
It is?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 07:41:00 AM
This is one of my two favorite months of the year - it's 3-pay August!
It is?
It is for me.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 07:41:19 AM
Late start here, to say the least.
Still working on that clog?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 07:41:54 AM
This is one of my two favorite months of the year - it's 3-pay August!
Doesn't matter what month, I only get 2 pays a month, the 4th Wendesday and end of month.
Only one a month for me and it comes around the 20th.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 07:47:09 AM
Late start here, to say the least.
Still working on that clog?
Yeah, sort of. Took a nap for a bit but I think we're about done now. Heading to the office after my shower. Thank goodness the clog is/was in a different set of tubes.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 01, 2018, 07:48:36 AM
Good morning all.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 07:48:45 AM
August 1st already?! I'm gonna count the clogged drain I've been working on for the last several hours as bad July juju. And now I'll welcome the auspicious new month with opened arms.
Must be all your hair clogging it up.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 07:49:50 AM
Off to post op and pre op.
Good wishes Dean.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 07:53:12 AM
Morning LTGDave, UnderTheKnifeDean, ClogBusterTony and EarlyCheckInSam.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 07:57:43 AM
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 1, the 213th day of 2018. There are 152 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On August 1, 1966, Charles Joseph Whitman, 25, went on an armed rampage at the University of Texas in Austin that killed 14 people, most of whom were shot by Whitman while he was perched in the clock tower of the main campus building. (Whitman, who had also slain his wife and mother hours earlier, was finally gunned down by police.)

On this date:

In 1714, Britain’s Queen Anne died at age 49; she was succeeded by George I.

In 1876, Colorado was admitted as the 38th state.

In 1907, the U.S. Army Signal Corps established an aeronautical division, the forerunner of the U.S. Air Force.

In 1911, Harriet Quimby became the first woman to receive a U.S. pilot’s certificate from the Aero Club of America. (Quimby’s accomplishments included being the first woman to fly across the English Channel; she was killed in an accident in July 1912 at age 37.)

In 1936, the Olympics opened in Berlin with a ceremony presided over by Adolf Hitler.

In 1944, an uprising broke out in Warsaw, Poland, against Nazi occupation; the revolt lasted two months before collapsing.

In 1957, the United States and Canada announced they had agreed to create the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD).

In 1975, a 35-nation summit in Finland concluded with the signing of a declaration known as the Helsinki Accords dealing with European security, human rights and East-West contacts.

In 1981, the rock music video channel MTV made its debut.

In 1994, Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley confirmed they’d been secretly married 11 weeks earlier. (Presley filed for divorce from Jackson in Jan. 1996, citing irreconcilable differences.)

In 2001, Pro Bowl tackle Korey Stringer, 27, died of heat stroke, a day after collapsing at the Minnesota Vikings’ training camp on the hottest day of the year.

In 2007, the eight-lane Interstate 35W bridge, a major Minneapolis artery, collapsed into the Mississippi River during evening rush hour, killing 13 people.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 07:58:40 AM
Ten years ago: Some 30 mountaineers began a disastrous attempt to scale K2 in Pakistan; 11 of them died in a series of accidents, including icefalls. Crowds of Chinese watched a total solar eclipse along the country’s ancient Silk Road, one week before the start of the Summer Games in Beijing.

Five years ago: Defying the United States, Russia granted Edward Snowden temporary asylum, allowing the National Security Agency leaker to slip out of the Moscow airport where he had been holed up for weeks. President Barack Obama faced congressional critics of the National Security Agency’s collection of Americans’ telephone records as he and Vice President Joe Biden joined lawmakers on both sides of the issue for an Oval Office meeting.

One year ago: By a vote of 92-5, the Senate confirmed President Donald Trump’s nomination of Christopher Wray as FBI director. He replaced James Comey, who was fired by Trump amid the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 08:00:32 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Singer Ramblin’ Jack Elliott is 87.
Former Sen. Alfonse D’Amato, R-N.Y., is 81.
Actor Giancarlo Giannini is 76.
Basketball Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams is 68.
Blues singer-musician Robert Cray is 65.
Singer Michael Penn is 60.
Rock singer Joe Elliott (Def Leppard) is 59.
Rock singer-musician Suzi Gardner (L7) is 58.
Rapper Chuck D (Public Enemy) is 58.
Actor Jesse Borrego is 56.
Actor Demian Bichir is 55.
 Rapper Coolio is 55.
Actor John Carroll Lynch is 55.
Rock singer Adam Duritz (Counting Crows) is 54.
 Movie director Sam Mendes is 53.
Country singer George Ducas is 52.
Country musician Charlie Kelley is 50.
Actress Jennifer Gareis is 48.
Actor Charles Malik Whitfield is 46.
Actress Tempestt Bledsoe is 45.
Actor Jason Momoa is 39.
Actress Honeysuckle Weeks is 39.
Singer Ashley Parker Angel is 37.
Actress Taylor Fry is 37.
Actor Elijah Kelley is 32.
Actor James Francis Kelly is 29.
Actress Ella Wahlestedt is 20.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 08:04:38 AM
Big day for Mr. Bean, both Coolio and Chuck D to celebrate!
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 08:05:15 AM
Thought for Today: “The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.” — Stanislaw J. Lec, Polish writer (1909-1966).
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 08:07:29 AM
Take your pick:

August 1, 2018
– NATIONAL GIRLFRIENDS DAY
– NATIONAL START UP DAY
– RESPECT FOR PARENTS DAY
 – NATIONAL RASPBERRY CREAM PIE DAY
– NATIONAL MINORITY DONOR AWARENESS DAY
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 08:08:04 AM
I've never seen a raspberry cream pie.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 08:33:52 AM
I've never seen a raspberry cream pie.
Then today is your lucky day.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 08:36:43 AM
August 1st already?! I'm gonna count the clogged drain I've been working on for the last several hours as bad July juju. And now I'll welcome the auspicious new month with opened arms.
Must be all your hair clogging it up.
But enough about my back...

Good morning, Sam and Dave.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 08:44:14 AM
Big day for Mr. Bean, both Coolio and Chuck D to celebrate!
Yeah, we're all going together to sign up for AARP.  Then it's off to Luby's to celebrate with a LuAnn plate.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 08:44:48 AM
Thought for Today: “The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.” — Stanislaw J. Lec, Polish writer (1909-1966).
Damn, sounds like the banter on some days.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 08:45:50 AM
I've never seen a raspberry cream pie.
I don't know WTF a minority donor is, so it's pie for me as well.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 08:48:39 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 08:48:48 AM
Thought for Today: “The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.” — Stanislaw J. Lec, Polish writer (1909-1966).
Damn, sounds like the banter on some days.
I swear I had the same thought.

Good morning, DallasMark.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 08:51:44 AM
Thought for Today: “The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.” — Stanislaw J. Lec, Polish writer (1909-1966).
Damn, sounds like the banter on some days.
I swear I had the same thought.

Good morning, DallasMark.
LALTS, ditto.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 08:56:25 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 08:58:09 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 09:08:34 AM
Thought for Today: “The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.” — Stanislaw J. Lec, Polish writer (1909-1966).
Damn, sounds like the banter on some days.
I swear I had the same thought.

Good morning, DallasMark.
I was thinking more along the lines of our daily political drama....
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 09:08:41 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Me gusta.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 09:12:24 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Me gusta.
Margaritaville....you could even get Corporate sponsorship!
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 09:17:56 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Acceptance criteria includes but not limited to former slave ancestry, female (or LGBT community identified), native american descent (DNA verified), anti-gun, anti-capitalist, vegan, tree whisperer, rides a bike to a job at a non-profit.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 09:22:13 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Acceptance criteria includes but not limited to former slave ancestry, female (or LGBT community identified), native american descent (DNA verified), anti-gun, anti-capitalist, vegan, tree whisperer, rides a bike to a job at a non-profit.
If this person runs in 2020, let me know.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 09:33:38 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Acceptance criteria includes but not limited to former slave ancestry, female (or LGBT community identified), native american descent (DNA verified), anti-gun, anti-capitalist, vegan, tree whisperer, rides a bike to a job at a non-profit.
If this person runs in 2020, let me know.
Runs from or for?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 09:38:52 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Acceptance criteria includes but not limited to former slave ancestry, female (or LGBT community identified), native american descent (DNA verified), anti-gun, anti-capitalist, vegan, tree whisperer, rides a bike to a job at a non-profit.
If this person runs in 2020, let me know.
CNS
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 09:39:19 AM
Alrighty then, time for me to head out into it.  Happy hump day, mofos.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 09:43:31 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Acceptance criteria includes but not limited to former slave ancestry, female (or LGBT community identified), native american descent (DNA verified), anti-gun, anti-capitalist, vegan, tree whisperer, rides a bike to a job at a non-profit.
If this person runs in 2020, let me know.
Runs from or for?
Runs for office, runs from some TX folk. :D
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 01, 2018, 10:04:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 10:20:16 AM
Morning Daves, RotorooterTony, and PirateDean.  In Dallas area another day, then drive back to Austin, or whatever the commies vote to change the name to.
I hear the front runner right now is Bernieville.
A white guy?  No way.  Any name without "approved minority" status need not apply.
Benitezville?
Acceptance criteria includes but not limited to former slave ancestry, female (or LGBT community identified), native american descent (DNA verified), anti-gun, anti-capitalist, vegan, tree whisperer, rides a bike to a job at a non-profit.
If this person runs in 2020, let me know.
She's got my vote too.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 10:21:11 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 01, 2018, 10:33:26 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 10:41:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 01, 2018, 10:42:37 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi raz.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 01, 2018, 10:46:40 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: razgueado on August 01, 2018, 10:46:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi raz.
Howdy, Sam!
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 10:49:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
I hear ya. I wouldn't be able to do anything like that either. Unless I was reading from something. I never had any formal Spanish in school. I'm conversant enough but learned from being submersed in it.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 10:58:18 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
I hear ya. I wouldn't be able to do anything like that either. Unless I was reading from something. I never had any formal Spanish in school. I'm conversant enough but learned from being submersed in it.
I don't know if you could do that in Spanish, Italian OR English.... ;)
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 10:58:39 AM
Good day Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 11:12:18 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
I hear ya. I wouldn't be able to do anything like that either. Unless I was reading from something. I never had any formal Spanish in school. I'm conversant enough but learned from being submersed in it.
I don't know if you could do that in Spanish, Italian OR English.... ;)
True. All joking aside.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 01, 2018, 11:12:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
yeah like hasta las Huevos....
thought it translated to "Entil next eggs", but found out huevos was slang for cojones...
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 01, 2018, 11:23:42 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
yeah like hasta las Huevos....
thought it translated to "Entil next eggs", but found out huevos was slang for cojones...
Speaking of which, been meaning to smoke this cigar...

Howdy, Flip.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/1bba1e869f4c23ff3d6422d5580c03a3.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 11:26:47 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
yeah like hasta las Huevos....
thought it translated to "Entil next eggs", but found out huevos was slang for cojones...
Speaking of which, been meaning to smoke this cigar...

Howdy, Flip.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/1bba1e869f4c23ff3d6422d5580c03a3.jpg)
Does that one have a sweetened tip?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 11:27:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
yeah like hasta las Huevos....
thought it translated to "Entil next eggs", but found out huevos was slang for cojones...
Speaking of which, been meaning to smoke this cigar...

Howdy, Flip.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/1bba1e869f4c23ff3d6422d5580c03a3.jpg)
Where did you find that one?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 01, 2018, 11:37:58 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
yeah like hasta las Huevos....
thought it translated to "Entil next eggs", but found out huevos was slang for cojones...
Speaking of which, been meaning to smoke this cigar...

Howdy, Flip.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/1bba1e869f4c23ff3d6422d5580c03a3.jpg)
Does that one have a sweetened tip?
if you dip it in Honey maybe...
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 11:44:17 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
yeah like hasta las Huevos....
thought it translated to "Entil next eggs", but found out huevos was slang for cojones...
Speaking of which, been meaning to smoke this cigar...

Howdy, Flip.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/1bba1e869f4c23ff3d6422d5580c03a3.jpg)
Does that one have a sweetened tip?
if you dip it in Honey maybe...
Sounds very presidential.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 12:14:27 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Razvaldo.
Igualmente, Señor Alcalde.
Have you ever had to deliver an entire sermon in Spanish?
No, but I had to write an entire song in Spanish for a class project, long ago. That was hard.

I don't know that I could pull off a whole sermon, without accidentally saying something that provoked embarrassed laughter.
yeah like hasta las Huevos....
thought it translated to "Entil next eggs", but found out huevos was slang for cojones...
Speaking of which, been meaning to smoke this cigar...

Howdy, Flip.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/1bba1e869f4c23ff3d6422d5580c03a3.jpg)
Does that one have a sweetened tip?
if you dip it in Honey maybe...
Sounds very presidential.
Well Democratic anyway....Republicans don't sugar coat anything.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 12:49:59 PM
Awaiting the Flip lunchtime report lull?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 01:02:00 PM
Good afternoon. Trying a 601 Black robusto. Yes, I read the band. Had to look it up though and was surprised that its a connie. Doesnt taste like one.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 01:25:58 PM
Good afternoon. Trying a 601 Black robusto. Yes, I read the band. Had to look it up though and was surprised that its a connie. Doesnt taste like one.
Is that good or bad?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 01:26:19 PM
Back from round one of procedures Dean?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 01:36:30 PM
Good afternoon. Trying a 601 Black robusto. Yes, I read the band. Had to look it up though and was surprised that its a connie. Doesnt taste like one.
Is that good or bad?
As a connie I expecting a more mild cigar. Almost done and Im pleased.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 01:38:47 PM
Back from round one of procedures Dean?
Yes, the results are amazing. I can even see the laptop to do my reports for Sunday and dont need the font set at 48 pt to read. I can start driving tomorrow afternoon and SCDave was right, LOTS of eye drops.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on August 01, 2018, 01:44:03 PM
Awaiting the Flip lunchtime report lull?
sorry was busy, had two clementines and a nectarine.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 01, 2018, 02:18:40 PM
Busy afternoon, but it's about to get better. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 02:27:43 PM
Awaiting the Flip lunchtime report lull?
sorry was busy, had two clementines and a nectarine.
Well, THAT was worth the wait!    ::)
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 02:28:08 PM
OK, made it to page 6.  Time to head up to the airport.  Later.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 03:33:17 PM
OK, made it to page 6.  Time to head up to the airport.  Later.
Are you saying you'd have missed your flight until we hit page 6?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 03:56:15 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:00:28 PM
Blind Man's Bluff or Eastern Standard for dessert with coffee. Both robusto and new to me. Any suggestions on what to expect?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:04:13 PM
Blind Man's Bluff or Eastern Standard for dessert with coffee. Both robusto and new to me. Any suggestions on what to expect?
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 04:05:22 PM
Blind Man's Bluff or Eastern Standard for dessert with coffee. Both robusto and new to me. Any suggestions on what to expect?
I would suggest some down time in the humi for those new arrivals, but that's just me.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 01, 2018, 04:10:46 PM
Blind Man's Bluff or Eastern Standard for dessert with coffee. Both robusto and new to me. Any suggestions on what to expect?
I would suggest some down time in the humi for those new arrivals, but that's just me.
That’s Dean you are talking too, downtime  takes on a new meaning with him😀
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 01, 2018, 04:11:38 PM
Afternoon, Tat Black lit and a sparkling water.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 01, 2018, 04:15:33 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
😷
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:19:41 PM
Blind Man's Bluff or Eastern Standard for dessert with coffee. Both robusto and new to me. Any suggestions on what to expect?
I would suggest some down time in the humi for those new arrivals, but that's just me.
Thanks Mark. I have lots of decent cheap smokes, I will take your advice. A week or better? Doubt they'd make a month.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:33:34 PM
Afternoon, Tat Black lit and a sparkling water.
I haven't had a Tat of any kind in so long. They kind of priced themselves out of my humi.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: ss2 on August 01, 2018, 04:35:26 PM
OK, made it to page 6.  Time to head up to the airport.  Later.
Are you saying you'd have missed your flight until we hit page 6?
Dedication.
Rp Decade Sumatra for the ride.  later all.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:37:07 PM
OK, made it to page 6.  Time to head up to the airport.  Later.
Are you saying you'd have missed your flight until we hit page 6?
Dedication.
Rp Decade Sumatra for the ride.  later all.
Okay
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 01, 2018, 04:39:55 PM
Afternoon, Tat Black lit and a sparkling water.
I haven't had a Tat of any kind in so long. They kind of priced themselves out of my humi.
Find an occasional deal on them but not very often anymore and then the deals are certainly  not what they used to be..  I bought quite a few 3 or 4 years ago when great deals were regular things and I was stocking for retirement.  Enjoying the fruits of my labor now.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 04:42:16 PM
Blind Man's Bluff or Eastern Standard for dessert with coffee. Both robusto and new to me. Any suggestions on what to expect?
I would suggest some down time in the humi for those new arrivals, but that's just me.
Thanks Mark. I have lots of decent cheap smokes, I will take your advice. A week or better? Doubt they'd make a month.
My minimum is two weeks, but most new arrivals go about a month.  But at your rate you're right, they wouldn't see a 30 day rest.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 04:42:47 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
😷
I guess he's not expecting any lady friends over this evening.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:43:09 PM
Afternoon, Tat Black lit and a sparkling water.
I haven't had a Tat of any kind in so long. They kind of priced themselves out of my humi.
Find an occasional deal on them but not very often anymore and then the deals are certainly  not what they used to be..  I bought quite a few 3 or 4 years ago when great deals were regular things and I was stocking for retirement.  Enjoying the fruits of my labor now.
I still smoke more than I can afford to buy but I am mixing decent smokes with ceapies. I tend to appreciate them more now especially on long drives.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 04:45:28 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
😷
I guess he's not expecting any lady friends over this evening.
Too many wanted to play nursemaid and I just wanted to be left alone. I do have someone to clean my house for me next week. Amazed at how dirty my house looks now that I can see.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Threebean on August 01, 2018, 04:58:11 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
😷
I guess he's not expecting any lady friends over this evening.
Too many wanted to play nursemaid and I just wanted to be left alone. I do have someone to clean my house for me next week. Amazed at how dirty my house looks now that I can see.
Ha, that is a common refrain from old folks seniors who get their eyes fixed.  That and "oh look, there is a stop sign at this corner".
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 01, 2018, 04:59:55 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
😷
I guess he's not expecting any lady friends over this evening.
Too many wanted to play nursemaid and I just wanted to be left alone. I do have someone to clean my house for me next week. Amazed at how dirty my house looks now that I can see.
Ha, that is a common refrain from old folks seniors who get their eyes fixed.  That and "oh look, there is a stop sign at this corner".
Or in my case, it’s about fuk’n time they put some stripes on this damn road.....
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 05:20:27 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
😷
I guess he's not expecting any lady friends over this evening.
Too many wanted to play nursemaid and I just wanted to be left alone. I do have someone to clean my house for me next week. Amazed at how dirty my house looks now that I can see.
Ha, that is a common refrain from old folks seniors who get their eyes fixed.  That and "oh look, there is a stop sign at this corner".
It's like I told the doctor, I couldn't see what color the traffic signals were or read the big green overhead signs on the expressways. Dangerous.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 01, 2018, 05:23:43 PM
Raining again ::)
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on August 01, 2018, 05:48:59 PM
Raining again ::)
Had a storm blow through earlier.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 09:16:00 PM
Liverwurst and onion on warm crusty kaiser rolls for dinner.
😷
I guess he's not expecting any lady friends over this evening.
Unless they have formal medical training
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 09:18:05 PM
After a nice 3 hour delay, finally boarding. That 8:15 flight out tomorrow is not going to be pleasant.
Title: Re: 8/1/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 01, 2018, 09:19:02 PM
And if he wants the news and birthdays before lunch, Mr. Bean can post them himself.