CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Never Forget - 9/11/2017  (Read 8352 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2017, 03:59:29 PM »

had a great friend loan me a generator. I am running the fridge and window shaker in the bedroom. Life Is Good.

Buffalo Flamingo Wings huh? I think they are protected.
will probably do NY Strips on the grill tonight.
BFW3's

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2017, 04:04:05 PM »

Missing Chicago woman found dead in walk in freezer.
...was intoxicated and possibly mistook the freezer for the elevator.... ::)

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman-found-dead-in-freezer-of-rosemont-hotel/2400501/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2017, 04:09:05 PM »

Pathetic!

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apocalypse
5/$2500
La Aroma de Cuba  Robusto  5/$27.00
Graycliff Turdbo Edition Limitada Toro  15/$49.99
Diesel Uncut Toro   10/$29.99
Murcielago Noir  Robusto  10/$34.99
RP Decade Robusto   5/$27.50
Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro   5/$29.99
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua  Robusto 10/$39.99
(maybe we should go back to the out of stock offering?
Camacho Pre-Embargo Toro  5/$47.50
Sancho Panza Triple Anejo Robusto  10/ $29.99
That's an interesting deal... but not that interesting.
I've heard they go well with a nice greasefire.
PDR grease fire sticks up now.
Bueso Genesis the Project up.....where's slackerDave?
Robusto 10/$29.99
Too late, Diesel jawbreakers up now.  Those are too big...
RP jawbreakers up now.  $50/16.  You smoke long time.
La Palina Red Label Toro  5/ $19.99
Man O War Ruination Robusto  10/$37.50

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2017, 04:11:32 PM »

Missing Chicago woman found dead in walk in freezer.
...was intoxicated and possibly mistook the freezer for the elevator.... ::)

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman-found-dead-in-freezer-of-rosemont-hotel/2400501/
saw that.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2017, 04:17:57 PM »

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.
Probably the first time that grease trap was cleaned out all season.
I remember those days of shiftwork at the concession stand...and some of the characters that couldn't cook, fry, or make correct change.
I did my shift on Friday night at the football game. Band boosters. Thankfully, this is my last year (of eight).

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2017, 04:19:03 PM »

Lady's house is fine, all trees standing, no flooding, a lot of yard clean up to do. watching out for the back surge behind the storm.
AF Cuban corona and cold coffee. going to fire up my little grill.
You could always let her do some of it....get a little feel of taking care of her property...
she has picked up most of it while I cooked eggs, pork loin, and potatoes.
Chef Flamingo Dean.
Now there's a thought....cook up some flamingo wings on the side.
Good Day CB.
Buffalo Flamingo Wings?!?
Sounds tasty...can I get a Tuna Colada with that?
Can you tune a colada?
No but you can Tuna Fish.
No you can't. You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2017, 04:32:20 PM »

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.
I find that if you don't remove the tray that catches the grease, and clean all the
burnt bar-b-q residue off of the metal, cooking more than 6 hamburgers, is just asking for trouble.  once that
grease trap gets saturated with the drippings from the burgers, and it catches fire, eyebrows are in jeopardy.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2017, 04:33:26 PM »

had a great friend loan me a generator. I am running the fridge and window shaker in the bedroom. Life Is Good.

Buffalo Flamingo Wings huh? I think they are protected.
will probably do NY Strips on the grill tonight.
try ostrich drumsticks, but they tend to hang off the grill!

Threebean

« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »

I find that if you don't remove the tray that catches the grease, and clean all the
burnt bar-b-q residue off of the metal, cooking more than 6 hamburgers, is just asking for trouble.  once that
grease trap gets saturated with the drippings from the burgers, and it catches fire, eyebrows are in jeopardy.
Good advice, VitaFlip, Tony needs to be more careful. Sheesh! 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »

Actually sounds like this one probably wasn't Tony's fault...he said he left the grill empty and others loaded it up then put the lid down.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Threebean

« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2017, 05:52:27 PM »

Actually sounds like this one probably wasn't Tony's fault...he said he left the grill empty and others loaded it up then put the lid down.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
I realize that, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be blamed for it!  Get with the program, assigning blame to the blameless is a time honored tradition.  I checked with HR, it's Tony's fault.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2017, 05:53:00 PM »

Great story Tony. I take it nobody bought any of the burgers during the 'fire sale'?
They all got chucked.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2017, 05:55:19 PM »

True story.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2017, 05:56:03 PM »

I realize that, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be blamed for it!  Get with the program, assigning blame to the blameless is a time honored tradition.  I checked with HR, it's Tony's fault.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2017, 05:59:11 PM »

Aladino by Julio R. Eiroa. Taste like an old school Camacho.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10