Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Never Forget - 9/11/2017  (Read 8352 times)

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

had a great friend loan me a generator. I am running the fridge and window shaker in the bedroom. Life Is Good.

Buffalo Flamingo Wings huh? I think they are protected.
will probably do NY Strips on the grill tonight.
BFW3's

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Missing Chicago woman found dead in walk in freezer.
...was intoxicated and possibly mistook the freezer for the elevator.... ::)

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman-found-dead-in-freezer-of-rosemont-hotel/2400501/

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Pathetic!

5 Vegas Series 'A' Apocalypse
5/$2500
La Aroma de Cuba  Robusto  5/$27.00
Graycliff Turdbo Edition Limitada Toro  15/$49.99
Diesel Uncut Toro   10/$29.99
Murcielago Noir  Robusto  10/$34.99
RP Decade Robusto   5/$27.50
Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro   5/$29.99
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua  Robusto 10/$39.99
(maybe we should go back to the out of stock offering?
Camacho Pre-Embargo Toro  5/$47.50
Sancho Panza Triple Anejo Robusto  10/ $29.99
That's an interesting deal... but not that interesting.
I've heard they go well with a nice greasefire.
PDR grease fire sticks up now.
Bueso Genesis the Project up.....where's slackerDave?
Robusto 10/$29.99
Too late, Diesel jawbreakers up now.  Those are too big...
RP jawbreakers up now.  $50/16.  You smoke long time.
La Palina Red Label Toro  5/ $19.99
Man O War Ruination Robusto  10/$37.50

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Missing Chicago woman found dead in walk in freezer.
...was intoxicated and possibly mistook the freezer for the elevator.... ::)

http://abc7chicago.com/chicago-woman-found-dead-in-freezer-of-rosemont-hotel/2400501/
saw that.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.
Probably the first time that grease trap was cleaned out all season.
I remember those days of shiftwork at the concession stand...and some of the characters that couldn't cook, fry, or make correct change.
I did my shift on Friday night at the football game. Band boosters. Thankfully, this is my last year (of eight).

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

Lady's house is fine, all trees standing, no flooding, a lot of yard clean up to do. watching out for the back surge behind the storm.
AF Cuban corona and cold coffee. going to fire up my little grill.
You could always let her do some of it....get a little feel of taking care of her property...
she has picked up most of it while I cooked eggs, pork loin, and potatoes.
Chef Flamingo Dean.
Now there's a thought....cook up some flamingo wings on the side.
Good Day CB.
Buffalo Flamingo Wings?!?
Sounds tasty...can I get a Tuna Colada with that?
Can you tune a colada?
No but you can Tuna Fish.
No you can't. You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.
I find that if you don't remove the tray that catches the grease, and clean all the
burnt bar-b-q residue off of the metal, cooking more than 6 hamburgers, is just asking for trouble.  once that
grease trap gets saturated with the drippings from the burgers, and it catches fire, eyebrows are in jeopardy.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

had a great friend loan me a generator. I am running the fridge and window shaker in the bedroom. Life Is Good.

Buffalo Flamingo Wings huh? I think they are protected.
will probably do NY Strips on the grill tonight.
try ostrich drumsticks, but they tend to hang off the grill!

[...]

Good advice, VitaFlip, Tony needs to be more careful. Sheesh!

[...]

Actually sounds like this one probably wasn't Tony's fault...he said he left the grill empty and others loaded it up then put the lid down.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

[...]

I realize that, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be blamed for it!  Get with the program, assigning blame to the blameless is a time honored tradition.  I checked with HR, it's Tony's fault.

Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2017

So I was running the grill outside the concession stand on Saturday evening (parental commitment for daughter #2's cheerleading)...

All was going well and I had just removed 9 cheeseburgers and 3 hamburgers off the grill, leaving it empty. I was asked to go inside to get a few bags each of mozzarella sticks and french fries out of the freezer. When I returned, the grill was loaded up with patties, the lid closed, and entire grill was engulfed in flames. Bunch of guys were staring at it when I reached over and shut the gas. The fire continued to roar and another guy and I carfully removed the grease trap underneath with tongs. Eventually we poured table salt all over the inside of the grill and the flames went out. By the time we got the grill back to temperature, my shift was over.

Great story Tony. I take it nobody bought any of the burgers during the 'fire sale'?
They all got chucked.

[...]

True story.

[...]

Aladino by Julio R. Eiroa. Taste like an old school Camacho.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10